Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not I.

Schumi's the man.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 10:14 (Ref:64681)   #27
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't bet against him winning two more titles on the trot either. Not that I want it to happen though...
Old 14 Feb 2001, 23:09 (Ref:64803)   #28
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
If TGF wins two more titles on the trot, I will jump into the Brisbane River already.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 23:26 (Ref:64809)   #29
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You could consider swimming it up and down for 18 months, VB, after you jumped in after Minardi qualified within 107% at the Oz GP.
Old 15 Feb 2001, 00:58 (Ref:64826)   #30
Father Mulcahy
Rookie

Father Mulcahy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika.........easily too!
Old 15 Feb 2001, 03:32 (Ref:64829)   #31
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika.
Expect Coulthard to challenge him strongly again.
And I might as well throw in the TGF and his brother as well.
Old 15 Feb 2001, 05:19 (Ref:64838)   #32
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I can't see TGF winning the title this year, let alone two more titles on the trot.
Old 15 Feb 2001, 10:04 (Ref:64849)   #33
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Michael Schumacher for 2001 AND 2002!!!!!
Downforce you pessimist! Considering all the key members (ie. Todt, Byrne, Brawn) have resigned till 2004 then I guess we will see another 4 championships by Schumacher. Its actually very simple, since when has Schumi lost a title when his car has been competitive from the beginning.

Old 15 Feb 2001, 11:11 (Ref:64858)   #34
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
OK!! I'll start training at the swimming pool tomorrow
Old 15 Feb 2001, 12:21 (Ref:64866)   #35
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neutral
... since when has Schumi lost a title when his car has been competitive from the beginning.
Well what about from 1996 onwards ... oh, he got a WDC last year didn't he? Was that a lucky one or was the car competitive, rather dominant, enough? In both cases it's hardly relevant if the driver is a magician at the wheel or just a good driver ... Anything more than the good driver part implies that his '96 onwards cars were competitive enough for WDC's. He got close on many occasions - on the same team as the one that signed for the next few years - but still lost it though ... so it's pretty hard to tell aint'it? Especially whith all those ambitious WDC attacks from Honda, Renault and BMW it makes you wonder what will be Ferrari's and the Mac's position in a few years. Outside the top 4 of the WCC perhaps? TGF a whoppin' 9th on the WC charts? You never know ... That's why drivers retire someday. He knew Piquet. He doesn't want to follow that path

Old 15 Feb 2001, 18:09 (Ref:64903)   #36
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although, lets be honest, Mika would have never have been champ without that McLaren being head and shoulders above the rest. Both the Ferrai and the McL look pretty well sorted again this year (the McL looking quite revolutionary in many areas). Early season reliability will be a factor (and I think Ferrari will have that corner sorted). So, I'm gonna plump for.......

JUAN PABLO MONTOYA.

Yes, JPM. If he (or indeed his car) is anywhere near as good as what people have been saying in this forum I think he has a chance. OK, I'm possibly being a bit delusional, but.... WHY NOT!!! Makes a change from THEM two....
Old 15 Feb 2001, 21:51 (Ref:64955)   #37
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
No Tristan, you are not delusional - you have vision. There is one proviso which I have stipulated elsewhere - Michelin must have the edge on some circuits. Roll on.
Old 15 Feb 2001, 23:26 (Ref:64978)   #38
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika. I think he'll be fired up and Mclaren will be keen to get the #1 back on their car.
Old 18 Feb 2001, 03:55 (Ref:65330)   #39
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My two cents are on Michael Schumacher.
He's in perfect condition, the car looks promising, the team is well organised and the pressure to win the title is gone.

Although Mika Hakkinen will again be his biggest rival, I can't see the Fin take his third title.
I may be wrong, but last year he looked a little de-motivated and - because of becoming a father for the first time - a little distracted.
Although being a father has done Schumacher no harm, he even stated it made him stronger - it's to be seen whether this will work for Mika Hakkinen.

I can't see any other title contenders.
Rubens Barrichello will again have to play the second violin. He has to as long as Schumacher is around.
David Coulhard is a fine driver but he has reached his potential. Three third places in the best equipment is just not good enough.

Surprises for the 2001 season:
Juan-Pablo Montoya said: 'What no grip? I've got plenty of grip.' That says it all. Although he's fast and motivated, I think it'll be Ralf Schumacher who will give Williams-BMW it's first victory.
Jean Alesi, racer pur sang, surprised everybody with his blistering testing times. I can see the relativity of testing times, but still, this could be the season in which Jean can show everybody he's still someone to be considered.
For Jacques Villeneuve it will be his 'now or never' season. He will have to go for it or he will be outshone by his team mate Olivier Panis.
Old 18 Feb 2001, 09:15 (Ref:65340)   #40
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Gerard, you want to put two cents on TGF, and then you want us to listen to your also rans?? I mean how many fraction of cents are you going to put on the remaining guys?? I mean if I was going to select TGF for first place, I would at least put ten cents on him so that I could put a descending number of cents on the poor miscreants I select to finish below him. Sorry gerard, I am in one of those moods and I just couldn't resist it. The Devil made me do it.
Old 18 Feb 2001, 10:10 (Ref:65346)   #41
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerard
Juan-Pablo Montoya said: 'What no grip? I've got plenty of grip.'
I love this guy!!!
Old 18 Feb 2001, 23:56 (Ref:65458)   #42
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valve Bounce, if you guys won't listen to my rantings, who else will?
Old 19 Feb 2001, 20:01 (Ref:65588)   #43
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
juan will thrash them all.
big girls blouses.