Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Sep 2001, 00:04 (Ref:142822)   #26
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One question Jeremy:

If its bye bye DC where will he drive next year? Actually i dont remember any voice about DC wishing to leave F1 already by now...lol. Why not bye bye DC and Hakka...I wouldn't miss both of them that much..hehe.

Best regards,

Julian
Old 7 Sep 2001, 00:08 (Ref:142828)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Hello Julian!

IMHO David will go to Jaguar alongside Eddie Irvine..David has lot's of experience and will be great for them..You see Mt Hakkinen has proved himself at McLaren,DC has not..It's over own up to it David..

Best regards...Jeremy
Old 7 Sep 2001, 00:18 (Ref:142830)   #28
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Jaguar already officialize both drivers for 2002? I mean, I know that such things dont have a worth nowadays...lol...but in a way it was even one of the reasons for them to kick out Rahal that he was talking about giving aways one or the other driver.
I don't think DC can give more to Jaguar than EI can, and I am not really sure if he can reach de la Rosa's talent. That's the problem after a life at McLaren, noone knows how good you really are...lol.

best regards,

Julian
Old 7 Sep 2001, 00:28 (Ref:142835)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok. guys, calm down.

Nothing about it till now...

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2001, 00:29 (Ref:142836)   #30
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think that Mclaren need to clean out the old wood completly and get 2 new sets of boots into those cars, as i'm not a big fan of Mika or David, as in my view both are average.
I think Riakonnen teamed with... Justin Wilson!
Old 7 Sep 2001, 01:34 (Ref:142852)   #31
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the start of the year, Niki Lauda personally confirmed that Luciano Burti would have his race seat for the year.

Keep that in mind.-
Old 7 Sep 2001, 01:35 (Ref:142853)   #32
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Wurtz is going to be one really unhappy camper if Kimi gets "his" seat. And what of Olivier Panis?

Tune in next week for another exciting episode of "As the Bernie Turns .... "
Old 7 Sep 2001, 01:44 (Ref:142856)   #33
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps they know they will need lots of test drivers when Mercedes pull out of F1 and are replaced by Chrysler or GM at Mclaren? Okay I've been to the pub but stranger things happen at sea! remember when Chevy pulled out of Indycar and Mercedes just took up the running with Ilmor? maybe they are passing the baton back so Ron wants to stock his larder with drivers.. with potential. He also has Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton on long term contracts.

Last edited by ghinzani; 7 Sep 2001 at 01:45.
Old 7 Sep 2001, 02:10 (Ref:142863)   #34
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone thinking that Coulthard is leaving is whistling in the wind.

The differnces of opinion have been with Hakkinen, whosee performance this past year does not match his past efforts. As much as many of you would like to see Coulthard lose his seat-it just isn't going to happen. It isn't sensible.

Raikkonen might be well served to take a testing role, Mclaren have said that they will be running two test cars next year and a deal for Merc engines for Sauber, and grooming by Hakkinen might be just the thing to push Kimi forward towards an eventual WDC.
A testing pair of Wurz and Raikkonen would give McLaren raw speed and and a good techniacal driver-it would also give them a pair of drivers whose styles matched those of the lead drivers, (provided Mika signs on for a final season.)

And finally, for the final time, no international BUSINESS dependant upon financing from around the world would EVER choose as its two most visible public representatives, two taciturn, reticent men from a tiny country whose language only four million people speak and no one but a native can learn. To hope that Raikkonen and Hakkinen would be teammates is a Romantic dream but an idiotic tune to keep singing.
Old 7 Sep 2001, 02:33 (Ref:142875)   #35
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, ladies & gentlemen, this is what I found...

From www.planet-f1.com
Raikkonen’s impressive debut season has seen the young Finn linked to a number of teams in recent months including Ferrari, but recent comments from Kimi’s current boss suggest that it is McLaren who have voiced a serious interest in taking on the young driver.

"Yes, McLaren is interested in Kimi," Peter Sauber told an Italian television channel recently.

"There will be negotiations in the next few weeks. Kimi is the driver of the future and we will, for sure, take that into account."

McLaren have yet to finalise their 2002 driver lineup, but despite their reported interest in Kimi’s services it is unlikely that the 21-year-old would make the switch to the Woking team for next season.

This is not a confirmation for me..., they will be on "negotiations in the next few weeks"... until they give us a confirmation of a "signed" contract, this is not a fact !
Old 7 Sep 2001, 06:45 (Ref:142926)   #36
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kimi sign the contract as it is with 1 year as tester? he will make worse deal than Ron. Is it Keke Rosberg who's doing all the negotiation on behalf of Kimi? Poor done!
Old 7 Sep 2001, 07:40 (Ref:142941)   #37
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Wurz has turned down several offers to drive in order to maintain his test role at Mclaren, which has not yet been confirmed. I said a couple of months ago about a rumour of his sacking...
Old 7 Sep 2001, 13:37 (Ref:143076)   #38
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Jersound,

I have to disagree with you, I think Kimi and DC would make a formidable team, McLaren without Mika would mean no more favouritism from Ron dennis and allow the team to get back on top of Ferrari.

Robert
Old 7 Sep 2001, 13:51 (Ref:143083)   #39
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by LucaBadoer
Why would anyone want to drive for that evil Ron Dennis anyway???
HAHAHHAHA BRILLIENT POINT!!!!! THAT HAS TO BE THE WORLDS GREATEST ARGUMENT WINNER!

EVIL RON!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2001, 14:29 (Ref:143098)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Because,

McLaren is one of the most successful teams in F1 history.

They have Mercedes engines, which are great.

They have Adrian Newey a revolutionary master in design.

They have one the biggest budgets in F1.

Who cares about Ron ????
Old 7 Sep 2001, 14:40 (Ref:143104)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

becuase there won't be any team orders?
Old 7 Sep 2001, 14:49 (Ref:143107)   #42
Abbers
Rookie

Abbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgive me if I'm wrong but.......

didn't they resign David Coulthard for another couple of seasons quite a few races ago. Really don't understand all this "Bye Bye DC" stuff. Feel free to enlighten me

Yours aye

Abbers
Old 7 Sep 2001, 14:53 (Ref:143109)   #43
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this fuss about Kimi

Have we forgotten the lesson Jensen Button taugh us about first year wonders ?
Old 7 Sep 2001, 15:08 (Ref:143115)   #44
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeanburrasca81

The best argument against this article is the fact that TGCOM seems to have strong connections to Berlusconi's media, and this isn't the best source if you want to hear the truth.

Parole sante....
Old 7 Sep 2001, 15:22 (Ref:143123)   #45
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No team orders at Mclaren - don't make me laugh...

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
becuase there won't be any team orders?

There have always been team orders at Mclaren, just as there is at Ferrari - The difference is that Ronald Dennis doesn't have the balls to admit to it.

I mean look at the 2000 German GP. The safety car comes out (while DC is leading Hakk).
Q1) Who gets to stop first? A) err, do I recall it being Mr Hakkinen???
Q2) Who ends up stopping second? A) Mr Coulthard of course (putting him several places down the field)

This is just one of dozens of incidents. Ronald Dennis is just just supporting Hakkinen due to his guilt.

"Guilt? What guilt??" I hear you cry. Remember - Hakkinen was nearly killed in one of Ronald's cars at Adelaide not so long ago...

Last edited by LucaBadoer; 7 Sep 2001 at 15:23.
Old 7 Sep 2001, 15:23 (Ref:143127)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: No team orders at Mclaren - don't make me laugh...

I'm sure Mika was ahead when the safety car came out.
Old 7 Sep 2001, 15:24 (Ref:143128)   #47
snakepit27
Racer

snakepit27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: No team orders at Mclaren - don't make me laugh...

Quote:
Originally posted by LucaBadoer

There have always been team orders at Mclaren, just as there is at Ferrari - The difference is that Ronald Dennis doesn't have the balls to admit to it.

I mean look at the 2000 German GP. The safety car comes out (while DC is leading Hakk).
Q1) Who gets to stop first? A) err, do I recall it being Mr Hakkinen???
Q2) Who ends up stopping second? A) Mr Coulthard of course (putting him several places down the field)

This is just one of dozens of incidents. Ronald Dennis is just just supporting Hakkinen due to his guilt.

"Guilt? What guilt??" I hear you cry. Remember - Hakkinen was nearly killed in one of Ronald's cars at Adelaide...
any team with potential to win a race has team orders
Old 7 Sep 2001, 15:31 (Ref:143135)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
He was in front of DC, because Mika got that great start and got past DC and MS. MS going off at the first corner after contact with Fisi.

I think DC comes off worse in these situations becuase generally he has been behind Mika and not in the best position.
Old 7 Sep 2001, 15:33 (Ref:143139)   #49
snakepit27
Racer

snakepit27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
He was in front of DC, because Mika got that great start and got past DC and MS. MS going off at the first corner after contact with Fisi.

I think DC comes off worse in these situations becuase generally he has been behind Mika and not in the best position.
DC has bad luck @ the starts remeber monaco this year?
Old 7 Sep 2001, 15:39 (Ref:143146)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by snakepit27

DC has bad luck @ the starts remeber monaco this year?
He certainly has. The McLaren had it's little giltches in that department mid season didn't it! However I'm not sure what you meant by this? Ron doing it on purpose!?!?!