Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Apr 2002, 15:08 (Ref:260108)   #26
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a boring race! Its surprising since Imola is usually far more interesting. Ralf fought hard but it was clear the Ferraris were just way ahead of the Williams this afternoon.

Williams have a lot of work to do. BMW cant do everything - and I think there will be a lot of work going on at Grove over the next few weeks to narrow the gap and same goes for Michelin because Bridgestone have clearly been the superior tyre in the last 2 grand prixs.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 15:10 (Ref:260109)   #27
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any Schumacher is the wrong Schumacher.

Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
no wonder Ralf looked miffed, that's his WDC hopes out the window
Yeah, I noticed that, he didn't even spray the champagne on the podium, nor join TGF and Rubens on top afterwards. Moody, isn't he, our Ralf.

As for the race... *yawn...*
Old 14 Apr 2002, 17:14 (Ref:260214)   #28
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zzzzzzz

Is it just me, or was Imola incredibly boring??
Old 14 Apr 2002, 17:18 (Ref:260218)   #29
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
See other thread!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 17:39 (Ref:260236)   #30
AAReagles
Rookie

AAReagles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP has had better days though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
I generally agree with Teddy's point about the lack of popularity in the US. BUT, in defense I will that some american race fans are extremely narrow minded when it comes to open wheel racing.
That's true, but when you consider that the US population is being bombarded by the good ol' boy network of FOX and it's NASCAR races (Today they actually show an open race - CART ?! Holy Cow! ) is it any wonder why some Americans are so narrow minded ?

Don't answer that, I just realized some are intombed into the warped world of WWF and X-Treme(ly Stupid) Sports.

Unfortunately though, GP racing is down to just 6 drivers on 3 different teams. There were greater days in the sport, (ahem) not so long ago, in the 1980's at least (btw - omit 1988, since F1 transformed into F-McLaren) when 10 or 12 drivers from various teams had a reasonable shot at victory.

Also it doesn't help when the sport is continuously being plagued with idiotic notions of not only infecting circuits with an overdose of chicanes, but circuits are becoming shorter and shorter all the time now. Now wonder there isn't much passing going on, there isn't any room. Thanks FIA, you no good, low down...

As for the location of the US GP, I really don't much care for that track,as I would like to see the old Glen or perhaps Road America instead. But I guess I shouldn't say anything, as at least Tony George (bitting my tongue here) was some help to the sport, by convincing ABC to show the race on national broadcast last year, and has ABC doing the same this year as well, not to mention Monaco, Montreal and Monza races to be shown in 2002.

Yah I know, "ABC coverage ? Big Deal!" ... well, every little bit helps, and if Joe-Six-Pack average race fan can be exposed to a little of GP racing, instead of tin cans running like a train set in Darlington, I'm all for it.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 19:03 (Ref:260282)   #31
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops!! I should study this forumn a with a little more care before whinging!!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 19:27 (Ref:260295)   #32
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Today race was a mere strategical race, but I remark that Rubinho finally finished a race after many abandons and the solely Minardi of Mark Webber could finish the race when many of his rivals (Arrows, Jordan, Jaguar) didn't.
Shame that JV finished 7th and without points.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 19:40 (Ref:260306)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I posted in other threads, it was merely a strategical race. It was boring to me too. I only remark that Rubinho finally could finish a race (second), Minardi could finish last when other teams can't (Jaguar, Jordan, Arrows, Toyota) and the sorpasso of Felipe Massa over Trulli.
I hope the next event could be more interesting.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 21:28 (Ref:260378)   #34
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They're all the wrong Schumacher Raoul. It's a definitional thing.

This race was so boring, that to the half way point the director found excitement in replaying M Schumacher lapping Mark Webber. Like it actually was a race for position or something. Then all the steering wheel BS.

Thank you Lord for motorcycle racing.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 21:40 (Ref:260384)   #35
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very boring race. The F2002 is already reliable. At the moment it appears that Williams are the only possible challenge. Mac has fallen back into the hands of Renault.
It is going to be hard to keep MS from a championship, frankly, nearly impossible. Apparently Frank is more concerned with the constructors championship, anyway.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 22:16 (Ref:260408)   #36
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Imola was this boring, I dread to think what Barcelona will be like. The '98 Spanish race was one of the most boring I have ever seen, and this race must surely be up there as well.

I stopped recording races halfway through last season, my VCR refused to stay recording for more than five minutes. Just as well..... At least I recorded Belgium '98.

What we need in Spain is a major thunderstorm, and for M Schumacher to spin out on the main straight early on (like Hill did in '96, unfortunately). Then maybe have Ralf's car f*** up, Montoya to charge through the field after an unscheduled pitstop, and have Raikkonen, Rubens and DC battle for 1st place, the lead changing dozens of times throughout the race.

....I wish.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 22:56 (Ref:260430)   #37
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

After watching (live) both the Imola and Long Beach races today, I'm going to set up the VCR so I can watch the few laps that are interesting. By the way, thank you Massa for providing some action. Otherwise, BORING, dare-say waste of time. They're losing me man...
Old 15 Apr 2002, 01:18 (Ref:260542)   #38
DavyboyLT1
Racer

DavyboyLT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should have taped the race, rather than get up at 7:30 AM to watch it live. At least on the VCR I could have fast-forwarded through most of it.

Martin Brundle said it best when he quipped that he saw more excitement during the drive from the hotel to the circuit (with Mark Blundell), than during the race.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 01:22 (Ref:260545)   #39
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
I had little to cheer in Imola, but the Indians are going for their 11th straight victory today.
I agree with you on the race. Being a long suffering Brewers fan, I don't have much to cheer about in baseball either. At least this year I will FINALLY get to sit in the seats at Miller Park. I'm hitting 6 games so far this year.......
Old 15 Apr 2002, 01:23 (Ref:260546)   #40
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavyboyLT1
Martin Brundle said it best when he quipped that he saw more excitement during the drive from the hotel to the circuit (with Mark Blundell), than during the race.
Would have been one hell of a ride in a Farboud GT!!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 02:08 (Ref:260573)   #41
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am glad I didn't wake up at 4am. I can always watch rerun in evening.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 06:14 (Ref:260678)   #42
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were 3 passes that I know of:

- Massa on Trulli
- Fisichella on Irvine
- Webber on De La Rosa.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 14:14 (Ref:261151)   #43
racing_guru
Rookie

racing_guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While San Marino was without question a very boring race I look at things this way. I saw two other races on Sunday, the NASCAR and CART races, which were both decided by luck through yellow flags. Neither of the race winners in those two races ever looked like winning the race until the yellow flags helped them out. So while San Marino was a bore and no doubt Spain will be too, at least the fastest car gets the victory. May at times be boring, but I'd rather that then a race decided by a yellow flag.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 15:36 (Ref:261209)   #44
dman007
Racer

dman007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess we needed more accidents or another first corner controversy to spice things up.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 15:40 (Ref:261212)   #45
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We need better opposition. You'd never see a Ferrari with understeer like Montoya had, or such poor handling that they get lapped (as DC did).

Come on Williams!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 15:48 (Ref:261215)   #46
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is needed is fair races, Shu gettin' away with illegal moves, Monty bein' penilased for somethin' he hasn't done and of course the old tried and tested messin' up the pitstop to "help" the other driver win.

F1 is dyin' and fast

RIP F1
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:26 (Ref:261247)   #47
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: GP has had better days though.

Quote:
Originally posted by AAReagles
That's true, but when you consider that the US population is being bombarded by the good ol' boy network of FOX and it's NASCAR races is it any wonder why some Americans are so narrow minded ?

Don't answer that, I just realized some are intombed into the warped world of WWF
first....it was fitting gesture of tgf to spray rory with the wine........ the ferrari developement program seems to
have the advantage...for the moment...so the chief nerd gets the wine.

but...please don't go blaming the wonderful people of fox,
(bunch of aussie holes)....for our narrow minds.....

that the result of our commitment to narrowness in general.

thin is in.......
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:43 (Ref:261258)   #48
dman007
Racer

dman007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by J.McClane
What is needed is fair races, Shu gettin' away with illegal moves, Monty bein' penilased for somethin' he hasn't done and of course the old tried and tested messin' up the pitstop to "help" the other driver win.

F1 is dyin' and fast

RIP F1
What race were you watching this past weekend? Michael had illegal moves, JPM got penalized, FIA asleep? Even when MS does it the way all the MS bashers wish he would, they still dredge up the past. All the more proof that this is more of a personal attack, then a factual arguement.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 17:00 (Ref:261269)   #49
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When i wrote the above post, i was talkin' about F1 as a whole not just the last race. And i was not havin' a go at Shu, i was havin' a go at the state of F1
Old 15 Apr 2002, 18:01 (Ref:261325)   #50
Derek P
Rookie

Derek P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
imola GP

I got so bored with that "race" I actually went out and cleaned the car. I would have tolerated a dull GP for a win from JPM or Ralfy (I am a Williams supporter), it was (for me) the worst result imaginable. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they plan to straighten out some of those chicanes at Imola- I certainly hope so........... Still its good preparation for the yawn fest at Monaco, Hungaboring and Barcelona..................