Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Feb 2004, 04:53 (Ref:859718)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Re: hrt car in america on rig

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Trev
Didn't Walkinshaw have one (ot two) Holden V8 Supercars running around competing in European comps just so that could do off-shore testing. From what I remember of this, is that that they could do it as the testing rules only applied in Oz. This might be all shyte, but I do remember something about it. Maybe GTRMagic or Racetime can shed some light.
TWR had a Roadways-sourced VL Herbie Clips Commodore in Europe for a while, before they built the plastic fantastic TWR VL Batmobile...

Since then, the only cars that have been in Europe have been show units, the 1990 Bathurst winner amongst them.

Thats not to say that TWR UK didnt do some work for the local operation, but I dont recall a full sized race car being over there. HSV had sent cars there for evaluation in the UK market, and for measurement and fitting of aero packages....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Feb 2004, 02:04 (Ref:866769)   #27
dynamicDynamo
Rookie

dynamicDynamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hrt IS currently using Eibachs rig at Eibachs cost....commercial agreement.......crusty is there too...
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:04 (Ref:867603)   #28
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good on them,
This whole socilist approach to racing is just rubbish.
FACT in life people with more nouse and ability will prevail over those with less ( insert the sound of people falling backwards off chairs)
Over time little by little the class has been changed into a "Control Class" and the costs have skyrocketed,well no sherlock. Take your mind back to the beggining of the V8 era and think about the rules and then look at them now and see who is better off???????:confused:
Lets list all those privateers that started winning with the introduction of the control tyre,as they continued to tell us that a lack of the top rubber was the reason for poor results,diff ratio's,testing,gearbox ratios etc etc.Fact is the order hasn't changed one bit,just the gap between them.I would have loved to see Terry Finnigan win a race but he was never going to with him and his family working on the car in the back shed.That is the reality of it and the closer the cars the harder to improve ,Why do you think that teams now have almost as many engineers employed as mechanic's? to extract the absolute maximum out of the given package,little teams can't afford the good ones and go accordingly well.AFL and NRL have salary caps to stop the bigger teams winning all the time,now theres a model of success if ever there was one eh

Get over it and move on
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:14 (Ref:867610)   #29
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember back in the days when Larry Perkins was running around in a privately run VL Commodore, he quite regularly was up the front, that was back in the free for all that we used to call Group A.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:21 (Ref:867615)   #30
Onlooker
Veteran

Yes he did do very well and made excelent use of the Dunlop tyres that the other Dunlop backed teams ran.
Hardly the V8 era I was talking about and really stretching in in the term privateer.
Not in the same vein as one John Trimbole packing up post qualifying at PI due to him being unable to obtain the tyres that Dick and Larry were using going home and selling the whole shooting match,only to secide that the baby was infact still in the bathwater and buying a new outfit,coming back with control tyres and getting hosed.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:27 (Ref:867618)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kevin Waldock took a tyre company to court over tyres, that he wasnt able to buy the same spec as contracted teams...

Control tyres makes sense. The costs are down significantly on the tyre side.

More than made up for with stuff like shaker rigs, if in fact they are being used.

If we fix the engine issue, and have a control version of that as well for each side all that will be left is the chassis.... which is kinda like F4000 pbH isnt it?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:40 (Ref:867627)   #32
Onlooker
Veteran

How did he do in that court case???????????

If tyre costs are down and a team has to carry less diff and gearbox ratios,sensors are restricted in number and testing days reduced dramatically and prizemony has increased along with more TV exposure,just where have the cost blown out that directly relate to the performance of the cars as opposed to the PR and glamour deptment

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:44 (Ref:867629)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by dynamicDynamo
Hrt IS currently using Eibachs rig at Eibachs cost....commercial agreement.......crusty is there too...
I wonder what the people at Kings Springs would think of their customer and commercial partner being in the US with another company's products?

Why precisely Eibach would give Kings a free ride to the championship, if as you suggest, the trip & development is happening at no cost to SHRT, and Kings are retained as official supplier to the race team?

And by the same token, why would Eibach favour SHRT over someone like SBR who have been a loyal customer for some time, and certainly progressive in suspension thinking and tune...

Something doesnt add up somewhere....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:56 (Ref:867635)   #34
Onlooker
Veteran

Might be like the Dunlop stickers on a few cars???? I would be supprised if King springs were the only springs used on the cars.

Old 9 Feb 2004, 01:02 (Ref:867639)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Perhaps, but Kings is supplying FOC, as a commercial sponsorship... Mark King may not be impressed if they are doing things with other people...

And I seem to recall Bridgestone settled....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2004, 01:11 (Ref:867646)   #36
Onlooker
Veteran

Ultimatly if you have a product that is as consistant and acurate as the oppposition and it is free you have nothing to worry about do you.I think that shocks etc are more the target than a spring as it has less to do with the dynamics of the car,maybe Eibach have an interest in Olinns or Penske shocks? Whatever the team use

Old 9 Feb 2004, 01:14 (Ref:867649)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Eibach have their own brand of damper...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2004, 01:24 (Ref:867652)   #38
Onlooker
Veteran

There's a clue
Think of all the products that HRT have before anyone else and then join the dots,OZ rims,Techno rims,Penske shocks Harrop all sorts of things, AP Monoblock calipers,PI Dash's in steering wheels Helmet vents

Old 9 Feb 2004, 02:22 (Ref:867699)   #39
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds like if someone in Melbourne or Gold Coast aquired a rig, they could do well out of hiring it out.

I'm still surprised Ford & Holden don't get them to make tham available to their teams.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 02:27 (Ref:867704)   #40
Onlooker
Veteran

They make good sense,no fuel,no tyre wear,no travel and no restrictions, I mean how can you stop it,bit like telling a team that they can only have somany resprays in a year and have to drive accordingly. I bet they are hellishly expensive though.

Old 9 Feb 2004, 04:55 (Ref:867780)   #41
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
aren't FPR putting a 5-post setup in their new factory?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 05:28 (Ref:867792)   #42
Onlooker
Veteran

Who knows,equaly if they can access one O/S that the rally team or BAR use they could save a heap of $$$$ and have an experienced operator at the helm. Email the data on Saturday/Friday night and have race day set up for wet or dry running on Sunday morning.

Old 9 Feb 2004, 07:01 (Ref:867818)   #43
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dynamicDynamo
Where is this Eibach rig situated exactly ????
Old 9 Feb 2004, 07:16 (Ref:867820)   #44
Onlooker
Veteran

Re: hrt car in america on rig

Quote:
Originally posted by macca46
tell me how tega are cost cutting when the rules obviously dont stop you taking a car to america to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a suspension rig? or are hrt actually breaking the testing rules?
USA :confused:
Old 9 Feb 2004, 08:20 (Ref:867854)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am not actually aware that Eibach has a shaker rig in the USA, or anywhere for that matter. I am aware that Ohlins has a setup in the States, but would have thought that since the local Australian agent works virtually exclusively for GRM these days, that team would be the one with unprecedented access....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2004, 08:35 (Ref:867867)   #46
dynamicDynamo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I am not actually aware that Eibach has a shaker rig in the USA, or anywhere for that matter. I am aware that Ohlins has a setup in the States, but would have thought that since the local Australian agent works virtually exclusively for GRM these days, that team would be the one with unprecedented access....
GTR..unfortunatley I know that all you do is conjugate on v8 issues...I am a friend of Bartley Jones....the commercial agreement between hrt and eibach goes a lot further than stickers on cars....there are 3 employees that left eibachs simulation rig with their hrt unit last thursday to come home...and mr eibach would laugh at you calling his 7 post rig a "shaker"
Old 9 Feb 2004, 08:47 (Ref:867877)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Whoever the hell Bartley Jones is
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2004, 09:21 (Ref:867914)   #48
dynamicDynamo
Rookie

lets not be silly...gtr...bartley...bjr...the man who you had problems with...albury
Old 9 Feb 2004, 09:23 (Ref:867917)   #49
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too much Simpsons there mate it's BRADLY = BRAD.

Last edited by vortexo; 9 Feb 2004 at 09:23.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 09:26 (Ref:867921)   #50
dynamicDynamo
Rookie

ummmmmmmmm.brads nick is bartley