Over 9000 threads???
Where does he get the time?
Old 20 Jun 2004, 23:01 (Ref:1010219)   #27
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Football>F1>Golf That, IMHO, should be the rule, but TSn chooses to show GOLF and tape delay everything else, leaving us with Rick Debrul (or whatever his name is) on Speed.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1010222)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fireblade
Its OK for Adam he lives here.
Over 9000 threads???
Where does he get the time?

Actually today has been the first time for ages that I've been able to be at 10-10ths on a GP race day.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 23:08 (Ref:1010227)   #29
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Utopian

Good luck mate.

Last edited by Pitstop; 20 Jun 2004 at 23:10.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 23:11 (Ref:1010230)   #30
Utopian
Rookie

Utopian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one, cheers
Old 21 Jun 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1010442)   #31
L-B
Racer

Scotland
Fort William, Scotland
L-B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
Slightly OT, at the end of most GP coverage there is always some football coverage mentioned, and I think 'When are they going to start mentioning F1 on a football show?'. Like that'll ever happen.
They do, frequently.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 08:37 (Ref:1010449)   #32
L-B
Racer

Scotland
Fort William, Scotland
L-B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Football>F1>Golf That, IMHO, should be the rule, but TSn chooses to show GOLF and tape delay everything else, leaving us with Rick Debrul (or whatever his name is) on Speed.
It was the US Open - one of the majors and probably far far more watched in Canada than F1.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 09:16 (Ref:1010482)   #33
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Oh booo hooo, i didn't get to see the bloody interviews..."
I didn't get to see the last 20 laps AND the interviews because of some retarded sport as football!

So uhm... who won actually? :confused:

Last edited by ASCII Man; 21 Jun 2004 at 09:17.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:13 (Ref:1010872)   #34
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who do you think?
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:22 (Ref:1010884)   #35
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ITV will have had more complaints about Coronation Street starting late than about missing the news conference after the Grand Prix.

I was actually surprised they didn't end the programme just after the chequered flag (as the BBC often did) - and then they would have had Corrie on time.

Credit to ITV for actually providing some post-race discussion.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:28 (Ref:1010891)   #36
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back

Credit to ITV for actually providing some post-race discussion.
Not exactly first-class analysis though, is it?

And then they overplay the 'great spectacle' thing. Yes, IMO it was a good race ( mainly due to Taku ), but I think ITV still puts far too much bias on labelling it a 'great' race if there's been more crashes ( to be fair a lot of the mainstream media do ).
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1010922)   #37
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True.

But ITV are paying millions to show the product, so they're hardly going to say it wasn't great!
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1010924)   #38
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by L-B
It was the US Open - one of the majors and probably far far more watched in Canada than F1.
Yes, but GOLF? Is that even technically a sport? I suppose, in the sense that darts, archery, and snooker are sports.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1010926)   #39
Kicking-back
Veteran

Inigo - come and live here!

F1, Champ Car and IRL are all live.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1011109)   #40
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I bet most of the Coronation Street fan-boards are full of rants along the lines of "how can they move us for sport again? Who cares about sport? Isn't the football enough? We pay the license fee too!" type rants. To which I must add:

1. The last F1 race coverage was disrupted by football.

2. If Ralf had been seriously hurt, the same people would've ranted about how motor racing should be banned because it's too dangerous

3. The recent insistance on getting races finished quickly to avoid schedule disruption has endangered drivers several times (Brazil last year should've been stopped after Webber's crash (and perhaps earlier, especially when the crane was at the side of the track (which Michael almsot hit - contact would've almost certainly been fatal)), but that would've meant a restart as it was before 75% - stopping it 2 laps later was fine because it meant no restart adn thus no over-run.

4 The 2-3 weeks before Euro 2004 saw an excess of Corrie episodes - and no doubt the 2 weeks afterwards will.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1011126)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Frankly it beggars belief that anyone can watch a programme about depressing people when our lives are generally surrounded by people of that sort anyways.

Saoaps suck, and only the old people don't seem to realise it.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:40 (Ref:1011168)   #42
jukkha
Rookie

jukkha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV2 F1 Highlight Programme

Oh my god.... I do not believe it....

I was just watching the 1 hour highlight programme on Itv-2 (it is still on), i was looking forward to seeing Sato taking 3 cars very quickly soon after his 1st pitstop (Weber, Coultard and Fisichella...

guess what? they didn't show it??!!! How can this be....they showed this live so the footage was there.... how can you not show one of the most exciting moments of the race???

I would like to make a complaint to the Itv-f1 team about this... but i need your support... did anyone see just to back me up and if you didn't watch it what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Jukkha

p.s. now to watch the England!
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1011170)   #43
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't bother complaining to ITV, they never reply. Try phoning
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1011171)   #44
Kicking-back
Veteran

Shoddy editing, no doubt.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:43 (Ref:1011173)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's funny....they can edit a glaring error from James Allen (Monza 2003) yet a big race event is edited out. Hmmm....interesting.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 19:17 (Ref:1011196)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Muppets.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 19:18 (Ref:1011200)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
thanks for noticing htat jukkha. We'll move that to the other ITV thread about the USGP coverage!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 17:20 (Ref:1012363)   #48
chrisrb2002
Racer

United Kingdom
Its's dark but I can see a bright light.
chrisrb2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does jim have a fixation with saying compelling all the time... its,, well compelling to say the least.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:04 (Ref:1013674)   #49
Andrew Hornsey
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckingham
Andrew Hornsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were Toyota, I would be onto my lawyers to find out why a lunchtime Saturday slot (Or evening due to time zone difference) for Qualifying is shown at midnight!

I think the real thing that this thread shows is that we are now a country of sad moaning saop addicts. Why does each soap have to be on 4 or 5 times a week with an omnibus edition at the weekend.

Perhaps we have run out of ideas for decent television.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:06 (Ref:1013680)   #50
Kicking-back
Veteran

ITV is only obliged to show qualifying live for the European rounds, so there can be no contractural complaints about them not doing so in Canada and USA.