Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 2 Oct 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1422191)   #26
elisenet
Rookie

elisenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have thoroughly enjoyed the BARC SEC races this year, and really hope there's enough interest to keep it going next year. Very friendly bunch, if you're not concerned about championship status (as I'm not) then I would recommend taking a look. Chris.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1423488)   #27
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgit
I'm sure they quoted £130 and £50 for the extra driver !!

Or was it £140 and £40 for the extra driver ?
Was that at Snet or Mallory?
Old 4 Oct 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1423809)   #28
gadgit
Racer

gadgit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snet.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1432973)   #29
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
come on guys. I gave up Monoposto as I got too fat for single seaters, and now race Fiestas with BARC-SE. They run a great series; so come and give them a try.
Also the entry fees were getting a bit high, and with an ex-wife to pay for?!
Rod is right. WE have massive support for the Track and Race Car series, which just gets better
Old 13 Oct 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1432977)   #30
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS: if you want a laugh, I tried Raltracer's V-L, when he had it. great car, but couldn't get out of the cockpit! Got into an RT30; actually was quite comfortable for a fat bloke who enjoys too many kebabs!
Think the best car I had was the VD2000 with the mega big cockpit. Dermot was right about those cars; cheap to run, easy to drive; even I managed to set a good time at Lydden with it.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1457135)   #31
Steve Mead
Rookie

Steve Mead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are all these cars?

Hi everyone, I've decided that after 8 years to return to racing and have just bought a 97 jamun zetec an awful lot of car for the money and shouldn't cost too muchto run. I will be racing down at lydden and am suprised that there are not more entries as alot of zetec cars are relatively cheap to buy. My question is what do people do with these cars and where are they all? I will support as much as I can down at lyden as its one of the friendliest circiuts i've known. The only othere theory is that as I'm a little on the heavy side and most cars were built for small people is that us drivers down here in the south are bigger and cant get into a single seater!!!!! Sorry Chris!!
Old 10 Nov 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1457207)   #32
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mead
Hi everyone, I've decided that after 8 years to return to racing and have just bought a 97 jamun zetec an awful lot of car for the money and shouldn't cost too muchto run. I will be racing down at lydden and am suprised that there are not more entries as alot of zetec cars are relatively cheap to buy. My question is what do people do with these cars and where are they all? I will support as much as I can down at lyden as its one of the friendliest circiuts i've known. The only othere theory is that as I'm a little on the heavy side and most cars were built for small people is that us drivers down here in the south are bigger and cant get into a single seater!!!!! Sorry Chris!!
Alot of FFZetecs have been converted to FF1600 now including a very quick Jamun driven by Nathan Freke 3rd place at the WHT and fastest lap I believe!

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 10 Nov 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1457328)   #33
Steve Mead
Rookie

conversion

Don't worry, i've thought of that and the good thing about the one I have is that yes it can be converted.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1457388)   #34
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve, you would be very welcome to come and have a play in the 750MC F4 where there are quite a few zetec's racing. We normally go to Brands a couple of times in the season which is not too far from Lydden. Plus you will find a few more drivers who have to be shoehorned into the cars...
Old 11 Nov 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1457770)   #35
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chris, you can also run the car in Monoposto 1800 class, plus there are a few winter series and the Plum Pudding at Mallory on Boxing Day.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1457977)   #36
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to mention the bargain in my signature
Old 12 Nov 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1458777)   #37
Steve Mead
Rookie

Thanks kickstart

Thanks for that kickstart, I will probably join the 750mc if there are any rounds at Brands, don't suppose there are any date s for next year yet?
Old 15 Nov 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1461285)   #38
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mead
The beauty of a FF Zetec is that there are loads of places to race them - Monoposto 1800, 750MC F4, SEMSEC and the BARC-SEC series. All of these series visit Brands, I think, and you could may be venture up to Silverstone and get the option of loads more races with the above series, too.