Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 Dec 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2804710)   #26
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ummm, Le Mans, IMHO.
Old 15 Dec 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2804718)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
The MSVR meeting indy circuit meeting will probably be better then F2 on the GP circuit though,
I think I read somewhere that the International GT series will be on the same bill as F2 at Brands. F2 certainly needs something decent with it, it's not worth going to see on its own. Also price may be a factor - if they try and push F2 at the same prices as BTCC/DTM then it's not worth it.
Old 15 Dec 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2804733)   #28
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
International GT Open and F2 are on the same bill. Weekend ticket is £21, which is the same as British GT/F3 and considerable less than DTM
Old 15 Dec 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2804737)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Ummm, Le Mans, IMHO.
i went there about 2 or 3 years ago for a race on the short circuit (i think i've been twice now) and wasn't impressed. magny cours is pretty good because you can see a lot of the circuit from quite a few points, and there's always some good drama at the adelaide hairpin. i've done both busy and quiet times there, and ok, the rain is horrible and sideways like silverstone but the racing isn't bad if you like to nomad around a bit.

both are blighted by fences in general though.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2805553)   #30
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
International GT Open and F2 are on the same bill. Weekend ticket is £21, which is the same as British GT/F3 and considerable less than DTM
That's not too bad - might be worth a look (depending what the entry list is like for the GT's)
Old 17 Dec 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2805581)   #31
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm currently waiting for the DMN, TinTops and Intermarque calendars to be confirmed and then I'll be able to start plotting and planning.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2805795)   #32
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Add in Superleague to My Donnington Possibilities....if Not I will very much be considering an away trip (mini holiday)to Navarra or Zolder...I hate the football theme, but it was great to watch!
Old 30 Dec 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2809560)   #33
997 brakedust
Rookie

United States
997 brakedust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am planning on attending the Le Mans series at Imola - July 1-3. I've heard that the circuit is beautiful. Has anyone attended a race there?
Old 11 Jan 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2814433)   #34
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I'm heading down to Pau in May for the revived F3 GP.

I was absolutley blown away at Macau a few years back and pledged that i would do Pau, so now that it's back on there is no excuse. Flights & Hotels booked, just wished there was an official website or something to allay my fears that it might not happen. Still, might just end up as a Pyrnees p!ss-up if it gets canned. All good.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2822917)   #35
E-racer
Rookie

Sweden
London
E-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nurburgring 24 hours is my main european trip this year. Can't wait. Did a VLN race a few years ago and was (predictably) blown away by the circuit so will be great to be back for the big one. A rally or two would be good too, hoping to do the Sunseeker to begin with and maybe fit in another event later in the year if time/the wife permits. Masters Festival at Brands look really good and then it would be nice to finish off with the Spa Six Hours before the long winter sleep although Blancpain GT at Silverstone is a possible option to extend the season further.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2827440)   #36
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doing the VLN at the 'ring, the beginning of April.
Haven't been to the 'ring since 1973. Bring it on!
Old 6 Mar 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2841023)   #37
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSV 4 Wheel Season pass paid for with the intention of getting in as many meetings at Brands & Snetterton as weekends off work will allow.

Hotels booked for...
Donington: Classics (April), Masters Historics (September), F3 & GT (September)
Silverstone: FIA GTs (June), Silverstone Classic (July), LMS (September), F3 & GT (October) and WHT (November).

Hope to get to the CTCRC meeting at Mallory in June as well.

If the weekend shifts get changed around at work I may be in trouble!