Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Aug 2024, 01:24 (Ref:4223185)   #26
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Let's not hand out penalties for people's thoughts
I used to use this one a fair bit.

Say to your boss:
"can I get sacked for thinking things"

They respond:
"no, why?"

You respond:
"That's good, coz I think you're a ****"

Old 22 Aug 2024, 07:40 (Ref:4223373)   #27
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BOOM

Reprimanded !
Old 22 Aug 2024, 08:46 (Ref:4223385)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
BOOM

Reprimanded !
Story Here

A not unexpected outcome however any form of physical contact like that should be stopped.

In days gone past, a certain red now blue team had at least one of not more security personnel in the pit garage to prevent interlopers… presumably as they aren’t likely listed as the official 7 teams’ representatives per meeting, their behaviours may not fall within the purview of Motorsport Australia…
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Aug 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4223405)   #29
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Story Here

A not unexpected outcome however any form of physical contact like that should be stopped.

In days gone past, a certain red now blue team had at least one of not more security personnel in the pit garage to prevent interlopers… presumably as they aren’t likely listed as the official 7 teams’ representatives per meeting, their behaviours may not fall within the purview of Motorsport Australia…
Storm Teacup

However they have to follow thge precedent that was set with Erebus.
As I stated before, Leaving his helmet on ma have looked agreesive
Old 22 Aug 2024, 19:40 (Ref:4223450)   #30
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Going to disagree with you there ole fella. Blocking a driver from another team wanting to enter the garage, straight after a race, with helmet still on is something that any decent or responsible team member would do. Part of that is a hand in the middle of their chest (or similar) with a bit of pressure to stop them.

If the driver says they're here to apologise, no probs but on that initial approach, you'd stop them. I've seen some pretty violent acts from fired up drivers in other team garages right after races or sessions - stop them first, at the entrance to the garage is where I'd start.

In my view, neither this instance nor the previous Barry Ryan one are worthy of reprimand.
Old 22 Aug 2024, 22:38 (Ref:4223464)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Going to disagree with you there ole fella. Blocking a driver from another team wanting to enter the garage, straight after a race, with helmet still on is something that any decent or responsible team member would do. Part of that is a hand in the middle of their chest (or similar) with a bit of pressure to stop them.

If the driver says they're here to apologise, no probs but on that initial approach, you'd stop them. I've seen some pretty violent acts from fired up drivers in other team garages right after races or sessions - stop them first, at the entrance to the garage is where I'd start.

In my view, neither this instance nor the previous Barry Ryan one are worthy of reprimand.
So the apology can occur at the next latte catchup

It’s perhaps not when the stack hat is still in place
Perhaps if arguable that this is an act of aggression, whether it was meant to be so or not (likely not)

(Waits for a change to the rules of engagement on the V8Supercar Administration Manual specifically calling out what is or isn’t acceptable)
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Aug 2024, 03:00 (Ref:4223483)   #32
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Total non-event, I am get more damaging hits getting off the train of a morning.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 10:02 (Ref:4223509)   #33
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post

agreed !!