Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Dec 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2807797)   #26
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Looks at car

ARGGHH!!!

DAMN YOU SUPERSTARS FOR HAVING EPIC LOOKING CARS!!! It's like my mind swings from TC2000 cars to NGTC to Superstar cars!!! IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!!
I have the same problem, but with V8SC as well, even more maddening!
Old 23 Dec 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2807913)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Never been to one of these before, but im eyeing up my local Donington Park venue to see what its like.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2807929)   #28
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Never been to one of these before, but im eyeing up my local Donington Park venue to see what its like.
They are AWESOME! And pictures don't do them justice in any way. Especially the Bimmers are soooo ridiculously low and sexy in person. And the noise from the Chrysler is just pure unadulterated evil!

Fourty of those beasts on track should be something for the ages!! I'm talking "tell-your-grandchildren-about-it" awesome. Now if they only had full grandstands it would be perfect.
Old 23 Dec 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2807942)   #29
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These look like the ultimate in touring cars!

I'm for sure gonna be keeping an eye on this in 2011!
Old 27 Dec 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2808758)   #30
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Wheels of Fire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels of Fire View Post
Do you know what is the meaning of MN?(of MN Lexus Racing)
hey mates,nothing about it?
Old 27 Dec 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2808853)   #31
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Well, looks like Reiter is involved in a new GT3-project, building Camaros for a debut in mid-2011. (See here and here )

I'd think that makes the Hyundai/Superstars story a lot less likely.
Old 27 Dec 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2808865)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The Superstars series looks very exciting. I hope Alan Gow is watching...
Old 27 Dec 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2808872)   #33
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed the series looks to be shaping up well for next season. Does anyone know if there will be live tv coverage in the UK anywhere? Eurosport or Motors TV perhaps?
Old 28 Dec 2010, 00:26 (Ref:2808892)   #34
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The Superstars series looks very exciting. I hope Alan Gow is watching...
Gow just launched his own new ruleset and as I see it, stability is something he values greatly, so by the time Gow could be influenced by the Superstars series in the creation of a new ruleset, Superstars has probably already crashed and burned. (Which is unfortunately something that I fully expect to see within a few years, but it'll be a wild ride until then )
Old 28 Dec 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2808940)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Well, looks like Reiter is involved in a new GT3-project, building Camaros for a debut in mid-2011. (See here and here )

I'd think that makes the Hyundai/Superstars story a lot less likely.
Nice find. I prefer to see a Hyundai Superstar instead of another GT3.
On the other hand. No possibility they develop this Camaro for Superstars?

Last edited by FIRE; 28 Dec 2010 at 10:37.
Old 28 Dec 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2808941)   #36
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Nice find. I prefer to see a Hyundai Superstar instead of another GT3.
Well, by now there are almost as many models of Superstars cars out there as GT3s...
Old 28 Dec 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2808945)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
True
Old 28 Dec 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2808949)   #38
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Gow just launched his own new ruleset and as I see it, stability is something he values greatly, so by the time Gow could be influenced by the Superstars series in the creation of a new ruleset, Superstars has probably already crashed and burned. (Which is unfortunately something that I fully expect to see within a few years, but it'll be a wild ride until then )
why?
why superstars series can't be a reply of wsbk?
Old 28 Dec 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2808968)   #39
Speed-King
Veteran

Mostly because I'm a pessimist and explosive growth is more often than not unsustainable...

Just from the changes in the appearance of the current cars compared to those from two or three years ago, I'd think that the costs might have gone up quite a bit recently, and I fail to see a lot of return on investment with the series usually racing in front of empty grandstands.
Old 28 Dec 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2808986)   #40
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
Any drivers list yet?
Yes.
Superstars 2011 Car and Driver list
Old 28 Dec 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2808988)   #41
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Do you know what is the meaning of MN?(of MN Lexus Racing)
The details of MN racing, or its background are explained a bit in <this article>
Old 28 Dec 2010, 15:29 (Ref:2808996)   #42
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
this is the 2010 drivers list..
Old 28 Dec 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2808997)   #43
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The details of MN racing, or its background are explained a bit in <this article>
so,MN it's a japanese tuning maker?
Old 28 Dec 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2809001)   #44
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
this is the 2010 drivers list..
Whoops.
I will blame it on the slack website for running outdated info.... there is of course a slight chance it is down to my earlier binge on the Christmas Port. hic.
Old 28 Dec 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2809030)   #45
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think what Superstars major issue right now is marketing. If they want to have an international series they need to push it on an international scale, similar to the DTM, have more international drivers, teams and cars, while staying true to it's roots; Italy of course. If they avoid the mistakes of the ITCC then it could work.

Meanwhile, there needs to be stability in production touring car regulations world wide. The best solution I see is two classes, one for small cars, one for big cars.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2813031)   #46
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Lexus set to join record Superstars grid

Lexus is set to become the tenth manufacturer represented on the Superstars grid for 2011. The team MN Lexus Racing has announced plans to enter a pair of Lexus IS-F in the championship this year.
The Italian series is set for a record season with 43 entered drivers from 19 teams in cars from Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Jaguar, Maserati, Mercedes, Porsche and most recently Lexus.

The championship has attracted a number of new teams as well such as former GP2 team Campos Racing, that are yet to confirm which car to run, and Racing Experience, running Maserati's.

The new Lexus team has not yet revealed drivers for their two cars.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5662
Old 8 Jan 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2813033)   #47
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
43? 43? sorry..................43??????

If we see 43 cars on the grid, it is ridiculously awesome. As such, I think the series needs to really promote itself to gain a wider motorsport presence, because it clearly deserves it. For now at least, because that phenomenal number can't last forever.
Old 8 Jan 2011, 21:42 (Ref:2813037)   #48
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
43 cars flying down craners at donington, that shud be fun!!!!
Old 8 Jan 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2813049)   #49
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
pay attention:the entry list counts 43 cars (for now) but this number is for the entire 2011 season;isn't sure that we'll se 43 cars at every track.In 2010 for example we saw varoious numbers at every round:26 cars at monza,23 cars at portimao,33 cars at vallelunga,16 cars at kyalami (but what a races!!) etc.
Obviously,I hope to see the biggest number of cars possible at every round.The 2010 season was amazing,and I hope to see a 2011 season better than the previous
Old 8 Jan 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2813059)   #50
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I suspect there may well be less cars at Donington as for them its an overseas round. A shame, but probably inevitable.