Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 17 May 2004, 22:52 (Ref:973926)   #26
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how did Stu get on thats all i asked ? !!! lol
Old 17 May 2004, 22:57 (Ref:973929)   #27
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the forum is now more interesting without the odd forms of motor racing like non FF1600 stuff.
I agree with KD (for once)we should not mention football as long as he does not mention his passion of Crown Green Bowling.
Old 17 May 2004, 23:05 (Ref:973932)   #28
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello KD, et all.

Apologise if you think I'm trying to be some self appointed mod, that is not my intention at all. Ten-Tenths is an excellent place for motorsport discussion, and I'm all for that. I am not aware that I have ever posted a pointless thread, but hey nobodys perfect.

the reason I felt the need to point out Diz's (in my view) pointless thread is as follows. I only give this explination so you can see my motives.

The Club Singles Seaters forum as it now is should as I understand it be used for topics such as club level meetings, testings, how such a body got on, what happened at X....well motorsport disscussion, and I totally appriciate that things get pulled off track...thats just a fact of using a forum with multiple people. The point I was trying to make is that if you look at the Single Seaters, of late that has been highjacked with FF1600 threads, and a lot started by Diz (apologise for using you as an example), while Diz's knowledge of FF is stunning, there have been a number of threads for idle in house banter on ff1600 which to be fair had no real place in Single seater as it was not really talking about single seaters which doesn't really look great to other people using the board or atually trying to use the board for discussion (I've seen a number of F3 threads bumbed off the board because of about 15 FF1600 threads saying "who hopes the weathers nice on Saturday for Brands Hatch - just an example) If there is not an FF1600 thread started for a couple of days....thats not a bad thing probably not much happening there is no need to start one, just to make sure a ff1600 topic is on the board. I was by no means attempting to stop conversation, just suggest (badly) that the topics have a "relevence" seriously do you consider the idle comment of you forgetting to tighten a wheel nut worthy of a thread on the topic ? - not to play down Ians significance in the series, but hopefully you get the drift of what I was trying to point out. Prehaps Idle banter would be more fitting in in places like Parc ferme ? and as you rightly pointed out, I am by no means a moderator, nor do I have any desire to rise to that task I am just trying to point out that a lot of good threads have been lost because of idle FF1600 banter that in reality was just posted to keep people talking about "stuff"

No offence or infringment on free speach was intended.
Old 17 May 2004, 23:27 (Ref:973943)   #29
blue nose
Veteran

But Darcym thats just how we ,well I personaly like the forum as it is.Its great the way it is, if you have noticed we do not have to look at F3 postings on this forum any more so happy days how is the weather by you?
But seriously most of us only care about FF1600 and so any views about it or even close to it are OK in my book.
Old 18 May 2004, 08:07 (Ref:974088)   #30
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think tentenths has done an excellent job, creating this little ghetto and letting us get on with it....The remaining 'other single seater' lot will be glad to see the back of us!
Old 18 May 2004, 08:58 (Ref:974126)   #31
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think banter is a good thing. brings all us 1600 racers etc together and without it clubff1600 would never of been born. ok sometime it goes off into pointless stuff (nw lads) but generally banter between series comp has already proved healthy with racers competing in other champs. im sure KOK championship being so healthy is due to alot of banter also??? i didnt know any of the nw or midland guys before i visited here. made some good friends now and good contacts. i reckon the main culprit is Dawkins !!

anyway about lydden........
Old 18 May 2004, 08:59 (Ref:974127)   #32
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is not a ghetto for NW FF1600 drivers and we certainly do not want to create that impression.

The reason I want to cut down on the number of threads is that it stifles others from within the club arena - the number of posts on other club formulae, even FF1600, has gone down in recent weeks and I want that to reverse.
Old 18 May 2004, 09:09 (Ref:974139)   #33
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ian, I am afraid it is a ghetto for us because no one else comes here cos of the culture differences.

We have a laugh and they don't!

What a shocking state of affairs. Outrageous. Motor spoert is serious don't you know.
Old 18 May 2004, 17:21 (Ref:974594)   #34
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman
The reason I want to cut down on the number of threads is that it stifles others from within the club arena - the number of posts on other club formulae, even FF1600, has gone down in recent weeks and I want that to reverse.
Quote:
... but I will be keeping an eye on the number of new threads that are started. I think that's fair enough.
A tad contradictory methinks Mr S.
Old 18 May 2004, 17:25 (Ref:974598)   #35
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jminsh
So how did Stu get on thats all i asked ? !!! lol
7th and 8th. A wonderful thing is the MST website.
Old 18 May 2004, 18:30 (Ref:974661)   #36
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not really contradicting myself Diz - we can have more posts on the same number of threads; or more threads about different subject (Combe FF, Mono, Jedi, whatever).
Old 18 May 2004, 19:43 (Ref:974717)   #37
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anybody mentioned Pippa Mann yet?? oops wrong thread
Old 18 May 2004, 21:32 (Ref:974823)   #38
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is not a ghetto for NW FF1600 drivers and we certainly do not want to create that impression.

That might have something to do with people spending more time getting cars ready Ian. When I get my parts, I won't be on for a while whilst I get my car fixed........If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

TT has been great for getting to know everyone. You don't always get time at the circuit to introduce yourself and now, I know nearly everyone from coming on here.

Oh...Kartingdad. Did you know that Arsenal won the league mate and it's the FA Cup Final this weekend.............................DOH..............

;o)
Old 18 May 2004, 21:39 (Ref:974837)   #39
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Walshy, what the hell are you talking about?
Who is Arse Nal, what league, and what is the F***ing Awful( i presume that is what FA stands for) cup final?
Old 18 May 2004, 22:00 (Ref:974877)   #40
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
I'll PM you with a brief History of the beatiful game shall I.......................

Better not. You'll come around and loosen my wheel nuts(!)
Old 18 May 2004, 22:05 (Ref:974885)   #41
blue nose
Veteran

Chris you should not wind people up!
Old 18 May 2004, 22:11 (Ref:974896)   #42
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
I'm not winding people up. Just helping them to loosen up(!)