Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stranger
Hehe...the BAR crew prepares a very warm welcome for Button

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=21923
I don't doubt your sense of humour guys, but it does worry me a bit when people say, "Er, I think this is either a fake or really bad behaviour" rather than just have a chuckle and marvel at the abilities of photo editing software.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 10 Aug 2004, 13:50 (Ref:1062164)   #27
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's definitely fake, but I'd say it's decent photoshop work.

Per'aps I need to practice...
Old 10 Aug 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1062172)   #28
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V

With DR still publicly saying that he wants Jenson to drive for BAR in 2005,
Can you give me the source for the quote? I do not think anyone at BAR including DR wants him to drive for them after this mess. He just tries not to let him go easily.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:00 (Ref:1062177)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite
I don't doubt your sense of humour guys, but it does worry me a bit when people say, "Er, I think this is either a fake or really bad behaviour" rather than just have a chuckle and marvel at the abilities of photo editing software.
Sounds like you do doubt it! I had a chuckle, just not for very long. I guess as it is on pitpass, so surely it goes without saying that it is a fake
I felt that it was worth pointing out incase and without saying the original poster was trying to be fake or was mislead. Besides it is just as bad to go on and on about it (oh blast done it again )

The reason it is a fake is obvious, at this time of year in Hungary the sun would never strike the pitlane at that angle.

Besides, as it was a fake I stand by saying it was. And as, if it wasn't, it would have been bad behaviour I stand by that too.

Last edited by Adam43; 10 Aug 2004 at 14:04.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:00 (Ref:1062178)   #30
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too bad a photoshop effort, but why of course would BAR be using a pit garage at a track when they arent allowed to test and they haven't been racing?
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1062187)   #31
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
...Besides it is just as bad to go on and on about it (oh blast done it again )
Hmm, good try but I'm still not convinced by your efforts to appear sane
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1062189)   #32
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit, the sign sadly fits the current situation...

Danica Patrick
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1062193)   #33
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a crazy topic heading....

"FIA: Button will race for BAR in 2005"

where did they say that ???

they simpley said BAR was the only one to lodge its button contract with them.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1062196)   #34
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Infact BAR said the FIA said BAR was the only one to lodge its contract.

The FIA haven't gone public as far as I can see.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1062197)   #35
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, but we live in a world of interpretation and speculation...
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:18 (Ref:1062204)   #36
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or simpley trolls
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1062236)   #37
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BAR crew have "welcomed" Jenson to Hungary, instead of "Jenson Button" it says "Jenson Traitor" on the sign over the BAR pits.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1062240)   #38
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks for that, I just couldn't make out the words in the picture
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1062250)   #39
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, we've discussed that - the picture's a fake.

The teams won't be setting up until tomorrow and Thursday in any case.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:16 (Ref:1062257)   #40
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Button, Button, who's got the Button?
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:26 (Ref:1062269)   #41
Kicking-back
Veteran

Ok. You need to get up very early to put one over Frank Williams:

Williams have just released the following press release:

In relation to the statement issued by BAR (‘Button Contracted to BAR in 2005’), the BMW WilliamsF1 Team reiterate it is Jenson’s intention to drive for the team
in 2005, and that his contractual position provides for this. The team would also like to clarify the following matters:-

• The Contracts Recognition Board (CRB) is not a constituent element of the FIA, but an independent body set up under the Concorde Agreement between the Formula One teams, the commercial rights holder (FOM) & the FIA. It is therefore wholly incorrect to refer or indicate that the decisions made by the
CRB are an endorsement of a legal position by the FIA.

• BAR’s statement today is misleading. BAR have registered what they believe to be a valid claim over Jenson Button for 2005. The CRB have not endorsed the validity of this claim, but have simply confirmed receipt of BAR’s documentation.

• This does not mean that their contract is valid, or holds precedence over other contracts with Jenson Button.

• As a matter of record, WilliamsF1 has a contract with Jenson Button deposited with the CRB in October 22, 2002. Receipt of this deposit was also acknowledged by the CRB.

• In the opinion of the BMW WilliamsF1 Team, BAR have failed in their responsibility to correctly exercise certain option clauses in their contract with Jenson Button, and as such, their contract has expired, and Williams’ contract is valid.

• The CRB does not, in all cases, make final adjudication on contractual disputes, and may refer cases to the appropriate legal authorities.'

Probably time to change the thread title.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1062277)   #42
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The thread title is misleading, and just wrong.

The CRB is not the FIA, and in any case all that CRB have done is acknowledge receipt of the BAR contract.

I don't understand why the CRB says that this is the only contract in existence for Jenson, since the 2002 Williams contract still exists.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1062279)   #43
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As we have said before, the fact that the CRB may hold a contract doesn't ensure the validity of it in relation to other contracts that may be in place.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:40 (Ref:1062280)   #44
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thread title edited to reflect the position.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1062286)   #45
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen

I don't understand why the CRB says that this is the only contract in existence for Jenson, since the 2002 Williams contract still exists.
We've only got BAR's word that the CRB did say that.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 16:19 (Ref:1062324)   #46
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is going to run and run, no doubt about it. I suspect the BAR contract held by the CRB can only be over-ridden if Williams produce proof that it's no longer valid - and, as discussed, this is interpretational. I wouldn't be surprised if Williams have to buy the existing contract out.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 16:27 (Ref:1062332)   #47
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct me if I am wrong but so far:

1) CRB say Buttons contract is correct.

2) CRB also state no Williams contract is yet there

3) CRB could, if Williams contract correct, rule in favour of Williams and until Williams submit that contract the CRB can not rule.

4) Even if CRB are correct BAR are unlikely to keep a driver that does not want to drive for them.

5) If BAR do not let Jenson drive I suspect in his contract he has to, provied he is medically fit, race x % of the races, probably 100%.

6) Williams have never, so far as I know, broken a driver out of a contract early. McLaren may not have liked the Senna move much as Williams will not like JPM but these where legal moves both times and I do believe Frank Williams to be a man of honour.

7) If Jenson has broken his contact then will the CRB and the FIA have the guts to ban Jenson from racing a Williams should BAR hold onto him until my point about x races being missed come into affect and void Jensons BAR contract.

8) If Williams are correct and BAR are wrong what are the chances of Jenson going on gardening leave all though winter testing as Damon was forced to one year. I hope should Jenson move David Richards will let him test even if he does not deserve it.

9) To add to above posting if Williams end up buying out BAR would you then, as Williams, pay Jenson anything?

Last edited by Phoenix1; 10 Aug 2004 at 16:29.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1062351)   #48
Kicking-back
Veteran

On your point nine, if I'm Williams I've stated Button will be at my team next year and I want him there.

I'd buy out his contract if I had to - but of course I'd still pay Jenson his agreed salary.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 18:53 (Ref:1062450)   #49
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks like it's going to get pretty ugly. Should be interesting to see it play out though.

I have an idea. Why don't Sam Micheal and Dave Richards just duke it out. The loser gets Villenuve.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1062457)   #50
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still dont understand.....does Williams or BAR have Button next season?

I guess we wont really know for a few weeks yet.