Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:37 (Ref:2852560)   #26
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Oh my. I love to have some red on my precious vette, but not like... that!! It's like the C6.R escaped from circus!
Its on the grid at least!
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2852562)   #27
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that livery looks quite good on the Corvette, it's certainly a nice change from the endless yellow and/or white liveries that have been on Corvettes since the dawn of tme.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2852707)   #28
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Of the four Vettes I thought it would be the 2 Chinese ones missing from the grid, no?
Old 24 Mar 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2852784)   #29
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nope, 1 car for each of DKR and SRT (masquerading as Exim Bank Team China).
Old 25 Mar 2011, 01:02 (Ref:2852835)   #30
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
Id hang back - a photo of the DKR Vette cant be far away
DKR has a livery of sorts. Black car with Green, Red White striping and a big red circle on the side.

Guide will get updated tonight
Old 25 Mar 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2852844)   #31
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
DKR has a livery of sorts. Black car with Green, Red White striping and a big red circle on the side.

Guide will get updated tonight
Agreed - but there were those who thought that the SRT Vette was going to look like the GM works cars, prob get pics soon as the cars on ontrack tomorrow morning
Old 25 Mar 2011, 01:53 (Ref:2852852)   #32
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed - but there were those who thought that the SRT Vette was going to look like the GM works cars, prob get pics soon as the cars on ontrack tomorrow morning
That SRT Vette may have been wearing different bodywork as they may not have had the Exim Bank design done in time on existing body panels so used old ones until they showed up. Could be possible?
Old 25 Mar 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2852903)   #33
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VANINA ICKX FORCED TO DELAY GT1 DEBUT
Vanina Ickx will not race in the opening round of the GT1 World Championship in Abu Dhabi this weekend, due to safety concerns related to her driving position in the Belgian Racing Ford GT.

Plans to run Ickx alongside Antoine Leclerc in the #9 Ford GT had to be cancelled following Wednesday's test at the Yas Marina circuit, during which it proved impossible to fix a driving position that was safe for both Ickx and Leclerc.

"It simply wasn't possible with the equipment we have here in Abu Dhabi to find a driving position that was safe for Vanina," explained Belgian Racing Team Manager, Laurence Hanssen. "Antoine is quite tall and when we tried to adapt the position in the car for Vanina it either left her too low in the seat or with her helmet too close to the roll bar. Safety is paramount, so it was the right decision for Vanina not to race this weekend."

Ickx will now make her debut for Belgian Racing in the second round of the GT1 World Championship, which takes place at Zolder on 10th April.

Belgina Racing Press Release
Old 25 Mar 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2852930)   #34
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Late scramble for a replacement then for Belgian Racing.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2852936)   #35
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Replacement is Fabien Giroix.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2852953)   #36
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
new team name: Not The Belgian Racing Team
Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2852980)   #37
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Pre qualifying http://static.sportresult.com/federations/fia/gt1/
Old 25 Mar 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2852987)   #38
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It looks so strange without Vitaphone Maseratis
Old 25 Mar 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2852989)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lambo to the fore so far then!!

Expecting Westbrook to pull up the times as the session wears on.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2853009)   #40
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who's driving for DKR? Not FFSA GT regulars? Rather strange that championship of such a high level doesn't have a normal starting list. Maybe we'll know more after race finish when pilots take their helmets off?
Old 25 Mar 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2853054)   #41
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Who's driving for DKR? Not FFSA GT regulars? Rather strange that championship of such a high level doesn't have a normal starting list. Maybe we'll know more after race finish when pilots take their helmets off?
According to the live timing it's Jaime Camara http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Camara and Michael Rossi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micha%C3%ABl_Rossi but it should have been two Frenchmen Police and Cazenave. I think they're glad there are at least some Vettes on the grid.

btw I think that Westbrook shows that driver's quality-wise top LMS/ALMS drivers are generally a step above most of the GT1 drivers. This is a second rate championship IMO.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2853071)   #42
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahler View Post
btw I think that Westbrook shows that driver's quality-wise top LMS/ALMS drivers are generally a step above most of the GT1 drivers. This is a second rate championship IMO.
Seriously? Many drivers in GT1 have ALMS/LMS experience, some even F1 experience. I don't think you can seriously claim that the talent level is any different between the series. Westbrook is absolutely a class act though. His overtaking last year at Portimao was something else.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2853086)   #43
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeone View Post
Seriously? Many drivers in GT1 have ALMS/LMS experience, some even F1 experience. I don't think you can seriously claim that the talent level is any different between the series. Westbrook is absolutely a class act though. His overtaking last year at Portimao was something else.
I've gotta agree with you there, the talent in GT1 is top class.

Westbrook was like a scalded cat in that race, had to have overtaken the whole grid atleast twice in the one race!
Old 25 Mar 2011, 14:56 (Ref:2853088)   #44
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I updated the Spotter Guide last night with the new Chinese Corvette branding and Giroix in the Ford GT.

Didn't get around to Jaime Camara and Michael Rossi. That can be for Rd2!
Old 25 Mar 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2853095)   #45
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I kind of agree with all of you guys. Some of the GT1 drivers are absolutely top, but obviously not all. Very strong line-ups from Young Driver, Martin-Mackowiecki on a Ford and many of the Nissan boys. Kox of course, as well, in a Lamborghini, but I'm not sure about that team.

The problem is that too many of the teams have to do compromises, because they need drivers to bring budgets to afford the show, hence we have many average or even low level drivers out there. Kind of an interesting mix, but there are enough top guys to make the life hard if not impossible for the others. Well, the less cars the easier to score points, so they're all there with a chance...

However, if we want to find the best GT drivers in the world, we need to go to ILMC/LMS/ALMS simply because the factory teams and drivers are there. Bruni, Melo, Lieb, Bergmeister, Müller & co would do very well in FIA GT1, pretty much the same as Westbrook or a bit better. Corvette drivers as well. Remember Gavin stepping in last year and doing best race laps even though his situation was far from optimal.

Just my opinion, but somehow it sounds logical, doesn't it?

In any case, I will be following every second of this weekend's action in Abu Dhabi. Liking most of it, but not all. Let's see how it turns out!
Old 25 Mar 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2853098)   #46
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Just my opinion, but somehow it sounds logical, doesn't it?
At the end of the day, I think FIA GT1 has done pretty well to get the calibre of drivers that it has, considering it's a privateer-based series. Staying as a privateer based series has kept FIA GT alive over the years, it's all very well having factory teams and drivers, but what happens when they disappear - just look at the ALMS LMP class last year.

Anyway, enough wandering off topic, my money's on Westbrook/Dumbreck in the Nissan this weekend.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2853101)   #47
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
We are live http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhou48_live-gt1_auto
Old 25 Mar 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2853103)   #48
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Kinda weird to change providers through the winter and then not fully update the GT1TV page.

Anyway, great to see they're continuing the streaming concept. And Edwards+Wattie in the box - great commentary combo.

EDIT: Not sure about naming this track configuration for the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca, the shortcut isn't really like that great corner.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 25 Mar 2011 at 15:47.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2853105)   #49
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those GT-Rs look way better with black livery.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2853108)   #50
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Those GT-Rs look way better with black livery.
Yeah, at night you can't see how large they are compared to the other cars.