Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Aug 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2262258)   #26
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And to you too. Some really good racing out there today. A damp start and then a blistering end to the day. Enjoyed it.
Old 2 Aug 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2262278)   #27
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Worst driving standards I've seen in many a year today at Oulton........and for once it wasn't the FFords!!

Great Team on Lodge.......but the star of the day for me has to be the lad on Race Phones, who was just brilliant!
Old 2 Aug 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2262284)   #28
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a terrific day on Cascades today thought we were going to be overly busy today with the 3 Minis that decided to self destruct in front of of us, Thought it would continue the same. Hope that both the drivers that were taken to hospital are fit and well now
Old 3 Aug 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2262464)   #29
Dragaan
Rookie

Dragaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Worst driving standards I've seen in many a year today at Oulton........and for once it wasn't the FFords!!
I can tell you weren't able to view hizzies/knickerbrook then! lol In the first two laps of that race there were cars literally crawling all over the back of others; it looked like FFord mating season! I've never seen so much carnage! ;D It was a relief to see the two drivers in the race-ending incident walking away from the vehicles though.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2262478)   #30
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Great Team on Lodge.......
ahhhh, so i've finally met you
Old 3 Aug 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2262513)   #31
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You were under my nose all the time!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2262535)   #32
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
least it wasnt your thumb! i'll leave that to my fellow flaggie
Old 3 Aug 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2262863)   #33
hamsteruk23
Rookie

hamsteruk23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cracking meeting !!
Old 3 Aug 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2262874)   #34
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thoroughly enjoyable day. I ended up with tickets coming out of my ears, some to be handed in, so thanks to all that helped.

Highlight for me were the Super Mighty Minis. Still think the Minis would have been even better if they'd been amalgamated but even so it's wonderful when a category exceeds expectations. 12 cars and dull practice didn't bode well but two superb races followed with all 12 cars in or around first place. Eveyone was giving racing room so it was a shame that contact happened somewhere in the second race.

Once the FFords got themselves going (maybe it's a Darwin thing - eliminate the numties in the first couple of starts so everyone else can enjoy the racing) they were pretty good. Lost the will a bit with the Fiats. One blue car looks much like another blue car so I decided not to confuse anyone with the blue flag once I'd completely lost track of the leaders.

An impressive turn out of Cliff/Nadlings, I hope the four (two couples) who joined us at Knickerbrook enjoyed themselves - they seemed to.

Cracking day, all in all. Even got away in good time to make a friend's 40th birthday meal.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2263484)   #35
Simes
Rookie

Simes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of the trainees at lodge on Saturday thanks v much to Mark and the other more experienced hands for a great day..

as someone who usually ends up with a spare ticket - do I just hand them in at the gate for the circut staff to hold or is there anythign more arcane?

Simes.
Old 5 Aug 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2263590)   #36
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simes
as someone who usually ends up with a spare ticket - do I just hand them in at the gate for the circut staff to hold or is there anythign more arcane?
No need to do anything.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2264642)   #37
Oscar114
Racer

United Kingdom
Widnes
Oscar114 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day, just got onto tenths after the weekend.

Thought it would be quiet on Deer Leap when assigned by Nadine having never done this post before.

Little did I know about the end of session funnelling into the pits and start line help. Including several red flags and trying to stop the cars going any further on the track.(including jumping the armco being between gaps when the minis collided on the first lap - had to quickly undo the yellow flag) along with a stalled fiat on the grid and pushing back into the pits before the rest of the field came around especially being on short circuit.

Only 5th day on the bank, so thanks to Andy and Gary for all of your help and guidance.

Plus welcome to Chris and Peter (our Nadlings) and hope to see you again.

Here's to saturday and the classics!!!

Lord Summerisle - your welcome for the info. Seems quite some confusion wrt Oulton vs Anglesey on Saturday.