Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Apr 2000, 23:15 (Ref:13335)   #26
G-R
Rookie

G-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd have to start one yourself. I'd make one, but I don't have the game, so......
But you don't race online, rather you go for fastest times or what ever and post your times. That's what we are doing all over the net for GT2 and a F197 thing I'm in as well.
But you can start one right here in this forum, it'll get the traffic going through here again.
If you want any help, just ask. I'm willing to help
Old 11 Apr 2000, 23:56 (Ref:13336)   #27
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I'm involved in several in Gran Turismo 2. I checked out Atlas F1, but couldn't find anything about any series going on. What I would like to do is to get a website started for the series, but I have little experience. Hey, if anyone is interested, let's start one here. We should come up with some rules and regulations, and we'll start racing. (I just want to be in a Ferrari ) Let's start another thread about what each person wants in the series and the rules they think there should be. What do you all say?
Old 13 Apr 2000, 15:32 (Ref:13337)   #28
gazza
Rookie

gazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I haven't played the PSX version of F1-2000 so I can't comment, but I personally think that the PC version is excellent. Gorgeous graphics (3x the resolution of the Playstation) and so long as u have the processor power it's pretty fast. I have a PII-300 so I have to knock off some of the nice graphics, but it still looks slick. It's hard to get used to the handling of the cars with all the helpers switched off (abs, etc.) but it's very rewarding once you get it right. My only critisism is the AI of the other drivers. They tend to stick to the racing line and ignore you if you try and get round them off the line which is very frustrating. Your pit crew also tells you that you hit the driver even if he hits you.

It's definitely worth getting though, especially if like me you've got a Steering Wheel ;-)
Old 13 Apr 2000, 19:28 (Ref:13338)   #29
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought F1-2000 for PC yesterday and I like it a lot.
Although I think it plays more like an arcade game than like a simulation.
The graphics are wonderful, but like gazza said, you have to have a powerful computer.
I haven't had the time to look at every aspect of the game yet, but to me it looks worth buying.
Old 13 Apr 2000, 22:08 (Ref:13339)   #30
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently the PC version is inferior in all respects bar the graphics to the PS version.

The AI is said to be much better - I find the racing very exciting because the cars don't always follow the racing line.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 21:13 (Ref:19230)   #31
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do the makers of F1 games all think that a black flag means instant disqualification?!

A black flag means the driver must go immediately to the pits. It doesn't necessarily mean he is out of the race.

Also, how come the only car ever to get black flagged is the one which you happen to be driving? How come nobody else is ever penalised?

F1 2000 tries to implement the rules but is still lacking in several areas. I did a lap of Melbourne, went wide at turn 4 and got a penalty for taking a short cut! ie, I travelled more distance than I would if I had followed the track and got a penalty for taking a shortcut!!

Old 25 Jun 2000, 00:45 (Ref:19303)   #32
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes the flag system in F1 2000 is a shambles. I got disqualified when running 2nd because I apparently didn't move over for a blue flag. Go figure THAT one out.

But I have had other drivers getting flags and stop/go penalties.

And yes, the shortcuts thing is messed up too.
Old 25 Jun 2000, 02:52 (Ref:19325)   #33
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just today, I was racing at Canada in the Arrows of Verstappen. I was running third two laps into the race and Coulthard in the lead blew up in front of me (always seems to be him that leads and blows up). The yellows came out, and Frentzen in 2nd just virtually stopped in front of me. I went past him and then got a stop-and-go. Later in the race, as I was passing cars to get back to the front, a couple of cars right in front of me touched and just stopped, blocking the track and I hit them, putting me out of the race. So, to make a long post short, they really need to work on the AI and flag systems.

My goodness, I didn't realize this thread was still around, about the 10/10ths F1 Racing Championship and the bruhaha that ensued. Whatever happended to G-R? If you're still around, check in.
Old 26 Jun 2000, 08:46 (Ref:19543)   #34
G-R
Rookie

G-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm here, just haven't been here for ages!

And look, they stripped me of my moderator title! I feel naked now. No more hiding behind the title of Race Official now aye?
Old 5 Jul 2000, 22:03 (Ref:21710)   #35
Schume
Racer

Schume should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS Version Info

In the current edition of PSW mag there is a section covering the best setup for cars on all 17 tracks and the best way to attack a lap on each.

Uses Expert level.