Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Dec 2008, 13:01 (Ref:2360758)   #26
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Christmas is a time for forgiveness and redemption. What could possibly be better than the Yuji Ide comeback?
Old 24 Dec 2008, 13:27 (Ref:2360762)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Christmas is a time for forgiveness and redemption. What could possibly be better than the Yuji Ide comeback?
Christmas is only one day and possibly a couple of weeks with "christmas fever", the rest of the year is "shark eating shark"... any hope then ?
Old 24 Dec 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2360764)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Christmas is also the time for the slaughter of thousands of innocent Turkeys......
Old 24 Dec 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2360808)   #29
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Can Artam for the drive, then.
Old 24 Dec 2008, 15:38 (Ref:2360810)   #30
Devilsadvocate
Rookie

Devilsadvocate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Kazuki still part of the Toyota Young Driver programme?
Old 24 Dec 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2360819)   #31
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes.
Old 24 Dec 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2360824)   #32
Devilsadvocate
Rookie

Devilsadvocate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting rid of Trulli doesn't make sense to me, he is a proven driver. Kobayashi is unproven in F1, but did okay in GP2. Nakajima has so far yet to show his real talent, if there is any, in F1. In recent days there has been more news articles on Toyota than peanuts in a large bag of KP. They have confirmed their commitment to F1 (too many times for my liking), and they have a new President taking seat in April. Although they have said (yesterday) that Trulli has a contract for 2009, it wouldn't surprise me if they change their minds and make use of someone they have already invested in like Kazuki or Kobayashi. Trulli is probably costing them a pretty penny that they think they could save. I would guess Kazuki would be the more expensive option given he is supposed to be driving for Williams in 2009. What is the cut off date for driver entries? I seem to recall from Fernando's dithering last year it is quite late in the day, so anything could happen; but something tells me it wont.
Old 26 Dec 2008, 03:07 (Ref:2361103)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
A come in for José MarÃ*a López. He gave Honda a Touring Car title this year, at least deserves another F1 test, mostly when he did FIA GT races with ex-Prodrive Ferraris and his TC2000 team is in good terms with Telmex
Old 26 Dec 2008, 13:38 (Ref:2361170)   #34
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsadvocate
Getting rid of Trulli doesn't make sense to me, he is a proven driver.
Yes. Proven to be very average indeed. Although for what it's worth, I don't think he's going anywhere - Toyota might be looking to cut some costs, but paying off drivers isn't exactly going to be cheap. Is his contract up at the end of 2009? Because then it's a different story - assuming Toyota continue in F1, I would imagine Trulli will either be on his way or taking a very big pay cut.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 Dec 2008, 13:46 (Ref:2361173)   #35
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I disagree he's average. Dare I mention he beat a once fairly highly-rated Ralf Schumacher?

I think he's very solid and once had the measure of one Fernando Alonso. Glock is also a good talent. They're a good team.
Old 26 Dec 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2361178)   #36
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
I disagree he's average. Dare I mention he beat a once fairly highly-rated Ralf Schumacher?
Well, Ralf was even beaten by Norberto Fontana in German F3...
Old 26 Dec 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2361179)   #37
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
Yes. Proven to be very average indeed. Although for what it's worth, I don't think he's going anywhere - Toyota might be looking to cut some costs, but paying off drivers isn't exactly going to be cheap. Is his contract up at the end of 2009? Because then it's a different story - assuming Toyota continue in F1, I would imagine Trulli will either be on his way or taking a very big pay cut.
I presume the same.
Old 26 Dec 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2361183)   #38
fanfisique
Rookie

fanfisique has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola
Well, Ralf was even beaten by Norberto Fontana in German F3...
What about 2 WDC Alonso...in 2004 Trulli had the upper hand on points scoring before being sacked by Flab when Trulli was overshadowing his GoldenBoy...

I find pretty much stupid questioning Trulli´s habilities as a driver, mostly after Toyota´s recent press report turning into end the latest grandprix.com unfunded rumour.

GrandPrix.com seems to bored this winter, they wanted to find some kind of explosive news to get some attention from viewers...

Their last rumour about PSA taking over Honda F1 was intentionally started by ME on the F1-Live.com Forum and they used it to INVENT their own "news". Something pretty Much Pathetic coming from a serious source.

As it was said, they seem to be desperate to fabricate something xplosive. And those who follow that stupid rumours, do not seem have a minimum of criteria.

Old 26 Dec 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2361254)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What more does Trulli have to do to convince people?
Old 26 Dec 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2361255)   #40
TF1 Fan
Rookie

TF1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli is not average, among the best would be more accurate. His main problem has been the grooved tyres. He hated how they grained and said they led to the driver having to drive in an unnatural way until the tyre sorted itself out.
It is why he is probably the fastest driver in F1 when it comes to qualifying, the tyre doesn't have the time to grain. Trulli has been calling for the return of slicks for years now, so 2009 he will get his wish and maybe we will see the Trulli that was leading the Austrian GP in 1997 in a Prost only for the engine to die.
Trulli will be a driver to keep your eye on in 2009.
Old 27 Dec 2008, 00:10 (Ref:2361342)   #41
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jarno deserves another season after his year last year. He was solidly quick throughout. Yes Glock looked more impressive but it was close and the two got similar points. Of the young ones, Senna and Buemi look more linked with the Red Bull program, and I can't think of anyone who'd deserve a go ahead of of Jarno, money aside that is.
Old 27 Dec 2008, 01:29 (Ref:2361356)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think Toyota will pull out soon.
Old 27 Dec 2008, 01:32 (Ref:2361359)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They'll hang around most likely, but if this season is very bad then I see them pulling the plug at the end of the year.
Old 27 Dec 2008, 05:19 (Ref:2361381)   #44
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be very harsh on Trulli to be booted, especially as i think he had his best season for ages and to be booted just for someone to replace you on the grounds of nationality is rediculous.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 05:03 (Ref:2362550)   #45
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Why do you think Ralf's Girl dislikes him so much?
Old 31 Dec 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2363361)   #46
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think that's a bit unfair. Believe it or not, I'm grown-up enough to manage a bit of impartiality now and then. I've never particularly rated Trulli, since well before he drove for Toyota. He has just never convinced me, in the same way that Fisichella, Webber and Heidfeld have never quite sold themselves as top drivers in my eyes. It's all personal opinion, of course, but when Trulli's career has come to an end I will remember him as the guy who was fast over one lap in qualifying then drove around holding everyone up once the race started.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 1 Jan 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2363848)   #47
TF1 Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I think that's a bit unfair. Believe it or not, I'm grown-up enough to manage a bit of impartiality now and then. I've never particularly rated Trulli, since well before he drove for Toyota. He has just never convinced me, in the same way that Fisichella, Webber and Heidfeld have never quite sold themselves as top drivers in my eyes. It's all personal opinion, of course, but when Trulli's career has come to an end I will remember him as the guy who was fast over one lap in qualifying then drove around holding everyone up once the race started.
We don't know what 2009 holds for Trulli, I suspect it could be one of his best ever.

If he was to leave today, I would remember him as the driver who should have won in a Prost in 1997 only for the engine to blow up.
The fastest driver over one lap - this is to do with the grooved tyres and how they start to perform when they grain - something Trulli says makes a driver have to drive in an unnatural way.
His bad luck, car often failing him when in the points.
How Flavio was unhappy when Trulli dropped him as manager when he was beating Alonso in 2004...
Toyota's first podiums and pole position.

I look forward to this upcoming season, with slick tyres back it should be his best yet especially with Toyota having a tyre expert like Vasselon....
Old 2 Jan 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2363866)   #48
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think Trulli still has a couple of more years left in him. When he has a good car underneath him he can get some very good results, yes he didnt quite get as many points as Glock last year but Glock is no slouch. Whether or not Trulli is great or not is down to personal opinion, personally I dont think he is, to me he is very good and at a similar level to say Heidfield/Barrichello/Button but seems to lack something to make him as good as one of the greats like Schumacher, Hamilton or Hakkinen.
Old 2 Jan 2009, 02:18 (Ref:2363881)   #49
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When Jarno Trulli is on song, he is truly majestic to watch - one of the few drivers I could watch drive a car around a circuit all on his lonesome.

Go and watch his pole lap in the Renault at Monaco.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2364421)   #50
TF1 Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
When Jarno Trulli is on song, he is truly majestic to watch - one of the few drivers I could watch drive a car around a circuit all on his lonesome.

Go and watch his pole lap in the Renault at Monaco.
That was probably one of the most perfect qualifying laps ever, it looks scary when you watch it on youtube........