Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jul 2002, 03:03 (Ref:336201)   #26
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Hyundai _wants_ to get into F1... But jeez, Townsend Bell's got a better chance of getting there! They simply don't have the resources to finance such an effort!

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 18 Jul 2002 at 03:04.
Old 19 Jul 2002, 11:36 (Ref:337255)   #27
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the cars are yet to take to the track in France, they didn't come out in the 1st session and are yet to appear in the 2nd. They said on 5 live last night that the cars may only qualify and not even race, which would mean that they get there TV money......
Old 20 Jul 2002, 09:40 (Ref:337965)   #28
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
From F1-Live:
Quote:

The two cars passed official inspection yesterday, allowing them to be on the entry list for this weekend, but being on the entry list does not require them to race, it does however allow them to be eligible for financial rewards by the FIA.
If this is the way that Tom Walkinshaw is going to milk the FIA system, then he really deserves to be kicked out of F1. Does anyone know for sure whether Arrows qualifies for the FIA pay if they do not run their cars in quals?

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 20 Jul 2002, 09:46 (Ref:337967)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
the cars took to the track near the end of 2nd free practice this morning.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 09:52 (Ref:337970)   #30
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and did only 1 lap..........
Old 20 Jul 2002, 10:18 (Ref:337988)   #31
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Valve
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:08 (Ref:338011)   #32
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they did'nt even try!!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:10 (Ref:338014)   #33
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Interesting

One fast lap each, and no attempt to put the cars on the grid. I'd love to see Brenie's face when they come to collect their money for turning up at Mangy Course.

Valve
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:10 (Ref:338016)   #34
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was going on with THAT?
Fooling around at the back, 3 secs slower than Yoong?
Things are desperate it seems...
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:12 (Ref:338018)   #35
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if there is a fine for "bringing the sport into disrepute" equal to or greater than the appearance money?
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:16 (Ref:338022)   #36
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure the FIA won't stand for it- it makes a mockery of F1 as a serious championship. That said, so did Austria, and they turned a partially sighted eye to that.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:21 (Ref:338030)   #37
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Presumably by making a token effort at running in qualifying they're hoping to buy themselves more time to sort out some kind of deal in time for the next race- I really hope they manage it- losing another team would be very bad news.....
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:25 (Ref:338041)   #38
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
I'm sure the FIA won't stand for it- it makes a mockery of F1
Whilst i agree with your statement about making a mockery of things, i'm sure that Arrows have checked every concievable angle and have satisfied themselves that they have done enough legally to satisfy their obligations!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:34 (Ref:338061)   #39
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uuuuuurgh.... what an embarrasment THAT was. Set the car up for the first two sectors ONLY so that they can bomb around at a huge pace (for them) only to completely lift for the sector 3.

But Arrows surely wouldn't do this unless it were ABSOLUTELY necessary. It must be galling for the drivers. (and such BEAUTIFUL cars too!!)
Old 20 Jul 2002, 13:10 (Ref:338104)   #40
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Tom Walkinshaw at Friday Press conference
I don't think we should be hogging the FIA press conference just on Arrows. There's a lot of other guys here and it is a bit disrespectful if you only have me answering questions on Arrows.
This from the man that had Bernoldi hold DC up for the free TV

His hypocracy has no bounds. I'm sure in any other circumstances he would be complaining for lack of exposure.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 13:41 (Ref:338134)   #41
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
This from the man that had Bernoldi hold DC up for the free TV
That was an extra bonus, WREX...
Bernoldi was just defending his position. And Monaco allows to do this with an inferior car (until this year, I think), sorry DC.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 13:51 (Ref:338142)   #42
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed

Bernoldi was just defending his position. And Monaco allows to do this with an inferior car
Funny how when Bernoldi was fighting with DC for position, but it's out of the points it's wrong, but this year when DC effectivly held up the Ferrari of TGF, due to the fact that the McLarens inferior to the Ferrari, but this time it's for a win it's ok!
Old 20 Jul 2002, 14:48 (Ref:338169)   #43
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
Funny how when Bernoldi was fighting with DC for position, but it's out of the points it's wrong, ...
And we don't even know whether they would have finished outside the points, if either Bernoldi or his team mate would not have had fueling problems during their pitstops while being ahead of Coulthard ...
Old 20 Jul 2002, 14:58 (Ref:338177)   #44
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a smart move to avoid being penalised for not participating, so they save money because they won't be fined, and they save money from not running that much, and they give themselves time to sort out the future of the team, I see nothing wrong with what Arrows are doing, if there's someone to blame for this, Blame Morgan Grenfell.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 09:23 (Ref:338580)   #45
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
And they are going to call on Bernie to collect their appearance money. Yeah!! However, the FIA will be trying to find some way to fine Arrows for their antics. I must say this is really bringing the sport into disrepute, but we've been through all this before havn't we, and got nowhere.

Valve
Old 21 Jul 2002, 09:30 (Ref:338584)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
However, the FIA will be trying to find some way to fine Arrows for their antics.
As much as i don't agree with what Arrows did yesterday from a fans point of view, the fact of the matter is that they proberbly did the minimum they legally had to do to satisfy (?) the regulations. In Austria, Ferrari actually broke the rules with the podium bit, as far as i can see, Arrows haven't actually done anything wrong!
Old 21 Jul 2002, 09:34 (Ref:338590)   #47
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
The whole thing hinges on the definition of the word " PARTICIPATE", because it could be argued that there deliberate lack of performance falls short of participation in the GP. Personally, I feel that thesooner Tom Walkinshaw disappears from F1 the better.

Valve
Old 21 Jul 2002, 09:40 (Ref:338599)   #48
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Look at it this way. Just supposing the teams were not satisfied with the money that Bernie was giving them, so they all turn up at a GP, did three laps, all outside the 107% rule except the chosen pole sitter which of course would have to be Alex Yoong. So we have a one car race with Alex tooling around at out lap pace for teh entire race distance, and standing on the podium to collect his trophy. Legally, drawing a line from this Arrows fiasco, there is nothing that the FIA can do about it.
This Arrows charade, if not stopped, does create a precedence, and could give the manufacturers enormous power to destroy the present F1 system and to create their own rival championship.

Valve

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 21 Jul 2002 at 09:43.