Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Oct 2001, 17:32 (Ref:155392)   #26
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And this view of TGF is supported in some small way by the article in the link below;

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines01/10/s7188.html

JV was not the only dissenter, just the one with the "kohones" to tell Michael he can't impose his will on everyone....good on him.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 17:37 (Ref:155396)   #27
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing is competing in spite of the risk.

As it is the GPDA is, or some want it to be, a propaganda machine for Schumacher. If one driver's opinion is going to get him in trouble just because he does not agree with Schumacher then what is it there for? What is next? Probably Schumacher will make member of the GPDA to everybody at Tifosi_Club....LOL
Old 3 Oct 2001, 17:51 (Ref:155412)   #28
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
And this view of TGF is supported in some small way by the article in the link below;

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines01/10/s7188.html

JV was not the only dissenter, just the one with the "kohones" to tell Michael he can't impose his will on everyone....good on him.
Why won't this "Monza Agreement" disagreement go away? Could it be that there really is a power struggle of sorts playing out here?

The thing that really interested me about that article was this:
Quote:
However, Briatore and Arrows boss Tom Walkinshaw overruled this by ordering their drivers to race as normal. Schumacher was highly critical of both in Indianapolis. "These people haven't been in a racing car themselves and they don't know what it is to be a racing driver," he told Motorsport News.
Surely he wasn't really talking about Tom Walkinshaw?
Old 3 Oct 2001, 17:56 (Ref:155419)   #29
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No BB, racing is competing while minimizing the risk.

GPDA is an Association and it is also meant to protect driver’s interests. Sort of a union. It has absolutely no power whatsoever. Noone can impose something to anyone. They do some talking and they eventually agree on something. In that particular case JV mistook neurons for cojones and actually the other 20 drivers agreed with Michael. Oh yes, Flav and Tom did not; what a surprise.... now when exactly did someone invite them in Grand Prix Driver’s Association? But they’re the boss. Anyway, did anyone mention David’s very active role in all that Monza debacle?
Old 3 Oct 2001, 19:13 (Ref:155461)   #30
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been a big fan of MS since his first GP race - never letting a word be said against him - but in the last few months I have become extremly annoyed and agrivated about what he is doing and saying in F1.

(I apologise now if I say some things in the heat of the moment that upset people but it comes from the heart)

Who the hell does he think he is ??

All this bull**** about safety in F1 and no dangerous overtaking etc. thats all fine and well when you are WDC (again) & when you have the best car making it a lot easier to become WDC - he has proved his talent to the world so now he wants F1 to be all nice & safe with no overtaking - BECAUSE ITS DANGEROUS !!. But what about when he was on his way up the ladder - we all know about the "incidents" he has been involved in.- was safety ever an issue then ?? - phaa !

Its also a bit shi*ty to be making statements about not overtaking in the first 2 corners - WHEN YOU ARE AT THE FRONT OF THE GRID !!!!!!!! would he say that if he qualified 20th ??????? - I think not !

As for the other drivers if they are stupid enough to go along with all the Mighty Michael has to say (all except JV) and they have not got the balls or brains to speak out - well maybe they should all make way for people that want to RACE - want to be part of F1 and accept all that comes with it - INCLUDING the risks.

And another thing if they want everything to be safe - WHY do they complain when new regulations come in to try & slow them down - SURELY that is what You want Michael !! WHY does he do hours & hours of testing to improve the car & therefore the speed & risk - WHY?? And finally when the lights go out - SOD safety ! - I'm not letting anyone pass me & that includes my brother !!!!!

its patethic really !

p.s. guess this post makes me an x-M.S. fan !...........ah - who cares !
Old 3 Oct 2001, 20:19 (Ref:155494)   #31
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Question: Michael, after the Monza race, what did you think about what happened before the start and did you have the chance to talk to team principles like Flavio? And what do you think is the future for the drivers on the safety point if there is something that happens in the future?
Michael Schumacher: I mean, first of all, I think we should say despite the way things have ended, the kind of discussion have made drivers aware of that particular situation and probably except one, everybody behaved very good. This is obviously a very good and positive situation which for sure came through the discussion. We had to make the drivers aware of the situation and just be a little bit more careful. I said at various times already that I don't agree with, like with what Flavio has done to his drivers or some other team principles to basically tell the drivers what to do. The drivers are there to drive, they know how to do this job. I guess Flavio has never sit in any racing car so far. He doesn't know what it feels like; and, therefore, it's a little bit inappropriate to tell the drivers what to do. But that's his decision and not my decision. But what is obviously not so good is that you use the weakness of some drivers and simply tell them what to do and you know they can't do anything against that.
Quote:
Question: Flavio, what do you think about the comments Michael said earlier vis-Ã*-vis Monza?
Flavio Briatore: Different head, different idea. I believe it was not only me, was BAR - who's the man? Pollock was in the same line. Everything I see, for me it was the approach of the drivers was wrong. Thursday, the drivers at the briefing, nobody talking about any kind of new start. Then I feel it was unfair Sunday midday to hear this news. I talked with my drivers and this is not true all the drivers was together because Fisichella basically tell me "I want to start normally but Schumacher decide for everybody." Everybody now is with Michael. Button was not so strong as well.
Michael Schumacher: I didn't know you were there.
Flavio Briatore: This was Fisichella. Michael is in the position of the driver, at the same time he is the team manager as well. He made the decision for both. I made the decision for - I only team manager and I try to do the best for my drivers and best for the team. Especially Fisichella was not the guy telling me I don't want to start, he tell me "I do what you want but I'm not convinced to start with the yellow flag. Simple as that." I not see the position so strong. Villeneuve was not strong at all, Panis was not so strong. I mean, I believe it was the approach. If the drivers come to us Thursday and nicely talking, maybe we find a solution. Not Sunday midday before the race.

Question: In view of what happened with Jenson, do you think it would be better to have a yellow flag?
Flavio Briatore: You know, I'm not for any advantage in that because we're not in the pole position. Only Gerhard and Frank have advantage if you say that. Absolutely not. Jenson tried to do the better start that was possible and had the accident and this happened.
So Schumacher wanted to decide for them?
Old 4 Oct 2001, 05:04 (Ref:155675)   #32
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
So Schumacher wanted to decide for them?
That's not what Michael said in your quote.

Or are you referring to your second quote, by Briatore?
If you read carefully, you'll see that's not what Briatore said (according to your quote).
In fact, Briatore doesn't even quote Fisichella saying that.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 10:50 (Ref:155740)   #33
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
After reading the title and author of this thread I really should have expected the dribble I found. Any excuse (even an BS quote from an unreliable source) to have a bash at Michael.

This is getting so boring. *yawn*
Old 4 Oct 2001, 13:58 (Ref:155794)   #34
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Fisichella basically tell me "I want to start normally but Schumacher decide for everybody."
That is what Briatore said in front of Schumacher. It is a transcript from the Friday PR. not an edited version of it. Both Schumacher and Briatore were sitting one next to the other. Schumacher had the chance to said it was not true but he did not.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 18:48 (Ref:155912)   #35
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
That is what Briatore said in front of Schumacher. It is a transcript from the Friday PR. not an edited version of it. Both Schumacher and Briatore were sitting one next to the other.
So Briatore said, that Fisichella told him something that he interpreted as "Schumacher decide for everybody".
Schumacher could only contradict that if he had been present at the time that Fisi said that. And even then, there is no way Schumacher could prove that Briatore did not interpret it that way.

Quote:
Schumacher had the chance to said it was not true but he did not.
Schumacher had the chance to say it was true, but he did not.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 06:32 (Ref:156140)   #36
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I am surprised that nobody brought the point up that MSch was actually proposing a total change to starts from a standing start to a quasi rolling start. Only the FIA can make such radical changes to F1 races.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 17:53 (Ref:156355)   #37
BBKing
Veteran

Don K. Were in in Clinton's legal team when he came out saying "I did not have sex with that woman"....LOL
Old 6 Oct 2001, 00:57 (Ref:156568)   #38
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don K~ Well replied!~
Old 6 Oct 2001, 01:43 (Ref:156583)   #39
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF is the greatest driver of his generation. We all know that. But even as a staunch Ferrari fan, I must admit he is also the greatest whinger.

TGF has been a wonderful advocate for saftey improvements in F1 and for this he must be applauded. He cuts accross people at the start, he races them and doesn't fanny about.

Or so I thought. Rolling starts?? Drivers pacts?? Shut up Michael and get racing!!
Old 6 Oct 2001, 05:13 (Ref:156593)   #40
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"I must admit he is also the greatest whinger"
With DC and Rubens around...he woundn't get the title in the pocket...

Rolling starts in F1... din't a person named Villenuevs(among the current grid) brought the idea out way before Schumacher?

Drivers Pact...OKAY OKAY... ITS ONLY MICHAEL'S IDEA, NOBODY ELSE
Old 6 Oct 2001, 11:05 (Ref:156668)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Drivers Pact...OKAY OKAY... ITS ONLY MICHAEL'S IDEA, NOBODY ELSE
#1 Statement - I get first in the first corner.