Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:05 (Ref:937194)   #26
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking at the non-subcription option to get the wonderful motors Tv at home.
It seems to be £120 for the box, and the cost of installation, which is i bit of a con, but better than no motors tv.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 13:24 (Ref:937292)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The coverage was all about the motor racing with no BS and no dullard. The commentary team was excellent - it had enthusiasm without being forced and was interesting, informative and accessible for all yet not patronising.

I can't believe I watched so much telly on a Sunday afternoon!
Old 12 Apr 2004, 17:26 (Ref:937422)   #28
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Neither can I Adam!

I think I'd genuinely be put off the BTCC if we had any 'dullards' At least Ben Edwards is down to earth.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 17:48 (Ref:937439)   #29
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched the coverage from Thruxton this afternoon, as I missed it yesterday due to being there. The coverage was pretty good the only thing that let it down was the ad break in the middle of the race. I would 7/10 for the coveragr
Old 12 Apr 2004, 18:48 (Ref:937491)   #30
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I can't believe I watched so much telly on a Sunday afternoon!
Me either!!! Almost 9 hours and half a dozen easter eggs!

What did anyone think of the BTCC Chat programme?
Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:34 (Ref:937599)   #31
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite good content, pity you could hear the director/producer saying, 3, 2, 1...live!

And my, can't Luke Hines go on..
Old 12 Apr 2004, 21:43 (Ref:937668)   #32
runnyhunny
Racer

runnyhunny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by touringcarnut
I'm looking at the non-subcription option to get the wonderful motors Tv at home.
It seems to be £120 for the box, and the cost of installation, which is i bit of a con, but better than no motors tv.
You may be able to get something cheaper if you go for a non-Sky independant solution. The Sky dish is nothing special, and you don't need a Sky digibox to receive free-to-air channels (such as MotorsTV). Any standard digital satellite decoder will work.

I'd phone a few independent suppliers first, and also ask them if they have any second-hand decoders.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 06:58 (Ref:937890)   #33
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great coverage, a race meeting from your armchair - I can feel a 'Foster's Fen Shi ad' moment coming on for the next race.......
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:56 (Ref:937933)   #34
The Bear
Rookie

The Bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I watched the coverage from Thruxton this afternoon, as I missed it yesterday due to being there. The coverage was pretty good the only thing that let it down was the ad break in the middle of the race. I would 7/10 for the coveragr
The ad break in the race was on ITV only. MotorsTV did not put any ads on during any of the races, even when the safety car was out.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:22 (Ref:937957)   #35
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I work for a TV company, if I wanted to get involved with the BTCC's TV race coverage how would I go about doing so?
Old 13 Apr 2004, 09:20 (Ref:938017)   #36
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
I work for a TV company, if I wanted to get involved with the BTCC's TV race coverage how would I go about doing so?

In what capacity?
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:47 (Ref:938252)   #37
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
Quote:
Originally posted by runnyhunny
You may be able to get something cheaper if you go for a non-Sky independant solution. The Sky dish is nothing special, and you don't need a Sky digibox to receive free-to-air channels (such as MotorsTV). Any standard digital satellite decoder will work.

I'd phone a few independent suppliers first, and also ask them if they have any second-hand decoders.
I'd be happy to get a non sky digital option, but it must have motors TV. I'm looking around, but none seem to suggest that they have Motors TV. hmm. :confused:
Old 13 Apr 2004, 17:03 (Ref:938513)   #38
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
You'd have to work for Granada Sport as they are the official broadcaster for the BTCC and its support races.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 20:06 (Ref:938715)   #39
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was marshalling post six so had fun running around with clios and formula renault, got the folks to record the days action for me due to the fact i have cable not sky, they managed to change channel and record "the borrowers" over the clios the formula renault and race 1 and 2 of the BTCC, if someone had decided to be mailicous and nasty they couldn't have done it better. Grrrrrrrr
will try and get brands recorded in two weeks.
does anyone know of a way of getting motors TV on NTL? i think it is impossible but hey thought i would ask
Old 13 Apr 2004, 20:13 (Ref:938720)   #40
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only way to get Motors on NTL is to keep writing to NTL and asking them to add it.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 20:32 (Ref:938747)   #41
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
then that i shall do,

cheers

keep an eye out for me on TV i will be there, wearing orange. hehe
Old 14 Apr 2004, 07:07 (Ref:939092)   #42
runnyhunny
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by sceptic
The only way to get Motors on NTL is to keep writing to NTL and asking them to add it.
It'll never happen.

MotorsTV will have to pay carriage fees to ntl. I don't believe MotorsTV have this kind of money to throw around. It's not as simple as some techy at ntl flicking a switch.

In any case, ntl are useless, and their products are terrible value!

After watching the coverage of Thruxton on ITV and MotorsTV, I'd say that the hard-core fans who do not regularly attend the races simply must get MotorsTV. Their coverage is excellent!
Old 14 Apr 2004, 07:11 (Ref:939096)   #43
runnyhunny
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by touringcarnut
I'd be happy to get a non sky digital option, but it must have motors TV. I'm looking around, but none seem to suggest that they have Motors TV. hmm. :confused:
Any digital (not the old analogue) satellite system will receive MotorsTV, when the dish is pointed at Astra 28.2E (same location that Sky dishes point to).

Tell the installer you want to watch a free-to-air channel that's available on Sky. If they don't understand, then don't use them!
Old 14 Apr 2004, 09:40 (Ref:939190)   #44
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
thanks!