Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 29 Nov 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1166901)   #26
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Twas a grand day - nice to be back in the car. Got pole for sports/saloon race (it was by ballot) but was fifth by the first corner. Had some good battles with more powerful machinary during the day, and even came 4th in the first Caterham race (just missed third). The final Caterham race was VERY wet - aquaplanning down the pit straight. Its the first time I've ever been wishing for red flags (but I guess no-one hit anything/each other, so it was okay). Good call to cancel the final two races though - couldn't have run single seaters in those conditions.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 10:32 (Ref:1166906)   #27
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I didn't realise they cancelled the last races, as you say good call if they weren't sure how the school cars would do, and they have to protect their investment... wonder if they would have cancelled if theyy were not school races, have to say I have raced in much much worse conditions, and obviously part of the skill is driving in the wet, worst bit for me was that back straight with all those painted over bits, hitting those on power made the car very twitchy indeed, still all good fun
Old 29 Nov 2004, 12:40 (Ref:1166989)   #28
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by haggispeed
Sorry didn't get to meet you Fay
You may not of met Fay to speak to but it was Fay and me that pushed you of the grid when your clutch failed.

Prior to the final 2 school races an instructor did some laps in an Audi and then decided the conditions were too bad for the races to go ahead.

Not a bad days racing but very cold and wet !!!
Old 29 Nov 2004, 12:55 (Ref:1167001)   #29
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well in that case it was nice to have met you both, and thanks , think I could have done the race once I got going but when I started to spin fist reaction is to dip the clutch, (oops - no clutch !) then the pedal jammed, then it stalled before I could think what to do next !!
Anyway look forward to meeting up again maybe next season.