Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2416109)   #26
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The livery would've been something of an afterthought.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2416133)   #27
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
yes i suppose.

may be a good idea to give the children of brackley primary school some felt-tip pens and paints to make it...er...stand out.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2416140)   #28
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
and surely given the chance you'd be patriotic/traditional?

Uuuh, no.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 20:49 (Ref:2416178)   #29
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I don't think the livery was an afterthought at all..

It's a white car without sponsor's plastered all over it, very distinctive looking car I might add, and it will look wonderful disappearing into the distance won't it..
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2416186)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the lime/navy(?) colours, so I hope these are carried over.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2416195)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
White,Lime and Black I think mate..
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2416196)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like them too, clean and light... I hope they don't get some sponsor to mess with it.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2416200)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I like them too, clean and light... I hope they don't get some sponsor to mess with it.

100% with you...Check please!
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2416214)   #34
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I actually think Ross Brawn quickly drew up the design himself in his office, he obviously only had a black biro and highlighter at hand at the time.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2416220)   #35
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure when money comes in the car will be spotted if need be.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2416228)   #36
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
I actually think Ross Brawn quickly drew up the design himself in his office, he obviously only had a black biro and highlighter at hand at the time.

To be honest if the tea lady came up with the livery it would be okay with me..

Are we all a bunch of interior decorators all of a sudden?

LET'S go racing...
Old 16 Mar 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2416346)   #37
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Your right Jeremy, it seems to be an ongoing theme with many around here that the appearance of the cars is more important than than the performance.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2416557)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey, nothing wrong with a sweet livery. I think it's important to have nice liveries.

After all, if everyone turned up with a plain white car it'd be a bit horrifying.

It's not a crucial thing in terms of racing, but still an important aspect of the sport IMO.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2416560)   #39
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It should be painted red, white and blue, with pictures of Princess Diana on the rear wing endplates and a bulldog on the nose.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2416562)   #40
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The liveries are important to introduce the casual viewer to the support.

If a potential fan was to tune in and see 20 cars all with the same livery, they would find the spectacle unappealing.
With different teams and identities, viewers can attach preferences to a particular team and form an affiliation.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2416569)   #41
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The liveries are important to introduce the casual viewer to the support.

If a potential fan was to tune in and see 20 cars all with the same livery, they would find the spectacle unappealing.
With different teams and identities, viewers can attach preferences to a particular team and form an affiliation.

Well it'd be difficult to tell the difference between two football teams wearing the same colours, and the same is true of motorsport, I guess.

Beyond that, I couldn't really care less.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2416577)   #42
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hans, while you couldn't care less a lot of viewers would find watching the sport difficult because 'all cars look the same'.

While the knowledgeable fan will know that the internals of a Ferrari are different to a Williams, a casual viewer would need the different livery for them to understand that not all cars are the same.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2416579)   #43
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Hans, while you couldn't care less a lot of viewers would find watching the sport difficult because 'all cars look the same'.

While the knowledgeable fan will know that the internals of a Ferrari are different to a Williams, a casual viewer would need the different livery for them to understand that not all cars are the same.
That's what I'm saying though. I understand the need for the cars to be painted differently, but beyond that I don't care.

I'm not one for romanticising liveries.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2416627)   #44
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Well it'd be difficult to tell the difference between two football teams wearing the same colours, and the same is true of motorsport, I guess.
Hmmm, you could still keep them apart by observing in which direction they move the ball. By the same token you could possibly keep F1 cars apart by observing in which direction the car is regularly pointed. Well, at least you could keep Massa apart, occasionally confusing him with Piquet Jr.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2416762)   #45
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldnt go to see a race where the cars are dull and look terrible - no matter how good the competition.

Thats why I NEVER go to Formula One or S2000 touring car races.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2416782)   #46
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I wouldnt go to see a race where the cars are dull and look terrible - no matter how good the competition.
If the racing is good, then I'd watch anything. Though naturally I prefer a good looking car to an ugly one.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2416805)   #47
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
If the racing is good, then I'd watch anything. Though naturally I prefer a good looking car to an ugly one.
have you tried watching the RC racing on motors tv? good competition, but not for me.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2416858)   #48
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think that is an excellent suggestion, it should be made mandatory at half time if the match is boring! Just think of the confusion of the players, never mind the crowd...
Old 17 Mar 2009, 01:49 (Ref:2417103)   #49
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Formula racing, fast is beautiful. The actual aesthetics of the car are irrelevant.

Improved Production of one sort or another is a different story. I'd rather watch a DBR-9 than an MC-12, or an RX-7 over a Commodore. Though even then, the more beautiful car is often faster

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2417873)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Strange but true...