Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Dec 2003, 18:19 (Ref:816293)   #26
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd also like to welcome you to 10/TENTHS, Sue! It's a great forum! Btw, do you have any beer or donuts? *As I'm licking my lips*

Last edited by Dov; 19 Dec 2003 at 18:19.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 21:25 (Ref:816432)   #27
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Dov! I think this forum is cool!! To quote my favorite race car driver....."I don't do donuts....I do croissants!!!" LOL I am not French so I couldn't add that part!!! Beer and donuts?? What an awful combination!! LOL

from Sue!!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 22:47 (Ref:816474)   #28
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Old 20 Dec 2003, 02:02 (Ref:816555)   #29
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada

It's official.....From Cart.com: http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7446

ROCKETSPORTS RACING SIGNS ALEX TAGLIANI FOR THE 2004 CHAMP CAR WORLD SERIES

Friday, December 19, 2003

Rocketsports Racing team owner Paul Gentilozzi today announced the return of Champ Car driver Alex Tagliani to the Rocketsports team for the 2004 Champ Car World Series. Tagliani joined Rocketsports in January, 2003 for its Champ Car debut season, and led the team to three podium finishes and two pole starts. With 77 career starts, Tagliani will return to Rocketsports for his fifth year racing Champ Cars.

“I have a huge amount of respect for Alex’s desire and talent,” stated Gentilozzi. “I am happy to welcome him back to the Rocketsports team for next season. He was with us in the beginning, when we first entered the Champ Car World Series and he has helped build this team,” said the three-time Trans-Am champion turned Champ Car team owner.

“We’ve learned a lot in the past year and plan to use this experience to our advantage to become more competitive. I have confidence in Alex and I’m excited about stepping up the challenge in 2004,” concluded Gentilozzi, revealing his competitive edge.

Tagliani, who was recently in Lansing for a seat fitting, matched Gentilozzi’s enthusiasm. “I am thrilled to be returning to Rocketsports for the 2004 Champ Car season. I’m proud to drive for Paul and appreciate the confidence he has in me,” said Tagliani.

“We knew this first season was going to be a tough year of learning for everyone,” explained Tagliani. “As a team, we brought our experiences together for the first time and built something new. We have collected important data in our first season and are becoming more consistent. Our strength was not always reflected in our results, but this too will improve as we become more confident. This may sound cocky, but we plan to go racing and win!” declared Tagliani.

Tagliani finished the 2003 Champ Car World Series in tenth place with 97 points. In 2002, Tagliani earned a career-best eighth in the championship with 111 points.

The 2004 Champ Car World Series promises to be an action-packed season, which kicks off with the Long Beach Grand Prix in April, 2004.

Last edited by Dov; 20 Dec 2003 at 02:04.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 19:22 (Ref:816985)   #30
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Spike TV, CBS, Speed...I don't care which one shows it but please start racing soon!! I miss my Patrick!!! LOL"

Have you read my interview at

www.rfmsports.com ???
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 21 Dec 2003, 00:10 (Ref:817134)   #31
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Mags are you quoting me????
Old 21 Dec 2003, 00:14 (Ref:817135)   #32
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Yes Mags I did read the article....very cute!! That will hold me over for a little while! Too bad I couldn't send you pictures of my jeans that my friend decorated for me with Patrick's picture on them, his car number, team players.ca, etc...

I wore them to Cleveland and Denver. Both times someone took pictures of them but I have yet to see them posted anywhere! I am anxious to see the new team name and colors so I can get ready for the 2004 season with a new pair!!

Sue
Old 21 Dec 2003, 00:14 (Ref:817136)   #33
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know. I'm so darn busy I just post and run.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 21 Dec 2003, 00:17 (Ref:817139)   #34
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by suzmac
Spike TV, CBS, Speed...I don't care which one shows it but please start racing soon!! I miss my Patrick!!! LOL

Sue
This was on page 1 of this posting!! LOL