Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 27 Dec 2003, 20:15 (Ref:821448)   #26
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe what was meant, was the driver for 2004, will have been a driver who drove in the previous season(this year) 2003.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:06 (Ref:822290)   #27
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... Jimmy? Ryan?... Memo?... hmm... yeah... it's Townsend Bell...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 15:02 (Ref:822602)   #28
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It better not be Townsend Bell!! He is a LOSER!!! He can't even drive without running into someone!!! I called him a loser when he walked by me at the Cleveland race!!!

Sue
Old 29 Dec 2003, 18:42 (Ref:822703)   #29
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hazza
Btw, we'll probably see Da Matta back soon - trust me.
Doubt that Hazza, he's the driver that Toyota hopes brings them a championship.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 23:47 (Ref:823027)   #30
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
How could the 2nd entry at RocketSports be RHR when he wasn't in ChampCars last year!?
Hey Dov,
2003 is considered "last year" when discussing 2004... in a few days this semantics dilemma will be over...

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

zerO
Old 29 Dec 2003, 23:54 (Ref:823034)   #31
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by suzmac
It better not be Townsend Bell!! He is a LOSER!!! He can't even drive without running into someone!!! I called him a loser when he walked by me at the Cleveland race!!!

Sue
True, he had some incidents in CART. Since then, he's been racing in F3000 in Europe, and didn't fare too badly for a rookie on all new tracks. In late Nov., he tested with Jaguar's F1 team in Valencia, Spain. He is progressing but I don't know if his 2004 plans will be in F3000 for another season or with Jag (although I think Christian Klien of Austria won the available seat there). Along with Phil Giebler, these two are the U.S's best hope in OW racing in Europe at the moment.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:12 (Ref:823045)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Townsend Bell was lined up to be the 3rd car tester for JagF1 on Fridays before the Grand Prix...

Hope they have plenty of spare tubs
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:21 (Ref:823116)   #33
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Aren't you guys (Sue & GTR) being a little hard on Bell?? I was one of his harshest critics when he was in CART and was glad to see him go, but I think he has matured both as a person and as a driver since he joined the F3000 series. I can say with 100% confidence that Townsend would be a welcomed addition back into the CART family....at least I think so!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:31 (Ref:823123)   #34
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I think I'd like to see Bell have another shot at champ cars as well. He did have a fourth place finish at Portland and showed some promise. There's no denying the fact that he was a little over-aggressive and erratic at times but I think that was as a result of his "must-win" attitude. He wanted to win, and his team just wanted him to finish in the points. Hopefuly he's developed some patience in F3000 and knows when to just wait for an opportunity. I'm never going to look down on a driver for wanting to make something happen.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 04:40 (Ref:823224)   #35
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Aren't you guys (Sue & GTR) being a little hard on Bell?? I was one of his harshest critics when he was in CART and was glad to see him go, but I think he has matured both as a person and as a driver since he joined the F3000 series. I can say with 100% confidence that Townsend would be a welcomed addition back into the CART family....at least I think so!
Dov,
You're suddenly my new best friend! From adversary last night to fellow Townsend Bell supporter tonight. This is almost too much for me!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 14:19 (Ref:823596)   #36
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bell is 9th in the final F3000 Drivers Championship standings, (his teammate is the frontrunner and No. 1 Björn Wirdheim)... race results round 1-10 : 9th, 12th, 7th, 6th, 17th, 12th, 7th, 5th, 3th and 14th...
Old 30 Dec 2003, 15:29 (Ref:823646)   #37
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PG is the new seat at rocketsports.
well? you know he wants to be
Old 30 Dec 2003, 17:52 (Ref:823703)   #38
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PG would never fit into a Champ Car.

Mr. Bell's return to Champ Cars would strike fear into the heart of the eternal runner-up Mr. Junqueira, who would immdiately go out and have his car fitted for a convenient holder for a folding baseball bat.

However, should Mr. Bell receive the coveted No. 2 seat at Rocketsports, I will immediately begin collecting bets on the race and lap on which Mr. Bell first takes out his teammate.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 19:00 (Ref:823763)   #39
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Well stated Dov...I also was glad to see Bell go. I never doubted his ability or talent for driving, but I thought he was over-aggressive, even in his Indy Lights days, he had some avoidable 1st lap incidents trying to win the race on lap 1. However, I also think he has matured, and I would welcome him back in cart, although that won't be happening for at LEAST a year as it looks like he'll be with Jag doing testing in F1.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 19:11 (Ref:823770)   #40
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a big supporter of Bell's effort to get into F1.

He's doing and saying all the right things to make that happen. Running in F3000 is a great ladder series to the circus, you run on the same tracks as F1, you live in
Europe, thereby devoting your full attention to the car, the team, the tracks, and especially important, you meet the right people, for instance Jaguar. They will only take you seriously if they see your total commitment to F1, and I think they see it in Bell. Michael Andretti was never able to commit fully to F1, and it showed.

So forget about Champ Cars for now, and make that F1 dream happen T Bell!

Danica Patrick
Old 30 Dec 2003, 19:50 (Ref:823801)   #41
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And then, Mr. Bell, make us all happy by running into TGF.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 22:25 (Ref:823953)   #42
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
I'm a big supporter of Bell's effort to get into F1.

He's doing and saying all the right things to make that happen. Running in F3000 is a great ladder series to the circus, you run on the same tracks as F1, you live in
Europe, thereby devoting your full attention to the car, the team, the tracks, and especially important, you meet the right people, for instance Jaguar. They will only take you seriously if they see your total commitment to F1, and I think they see it in Bell. Michael Andretti was never able to commit fully to F1, and it showed.

So forget about Champ Cars for now, and make that F1 dream happen T Bell!
Hey GP, I'm also hoping that Townsend's F1 dreams come true, but IF they don't, then he is always welcome to come back to CART. Btw, Junky really misses Bell. Honestly, Bruno told me that himself! Imagine bumping into a CART driver in a gun store....what are the chances!?
Old 31 Dec 2003, 02:45 (Ref:824157)   #43
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Not good, I'd say!

Danica Patrick
Old 1 Jan 2004, 02:56 (Ref:824939)   #44
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Off Topic? Why can't we call Schumi Ralf's Father's Son?
RFS?
it matches with MGF