Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Oct 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2769965)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
It's got shades of Räikkönen/Heidfeld 2001 over it, in some ways. Question now is if Mr. Fernández will arrive to manage the team?
Yes this line up looks a bit like that, or maybe Herbert and Hakkinen in 1992?
Old 5 Oct 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2769977)   #27
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Foe some reason from the tv interviews here in Mexico I didn't get the sense that Telmex will take over Sauber just sponsor the team and bring in their represented drivers as they have done in the junior catagories.

As for Mexican GP well we already have one in Austin where you will see more Mexicans than Americans. Austin is closer to Mexico than is Dallas.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2769983)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Question now is if Mr. Fernández will arrive to manage the team?
It would seem highly likely to me.... Peter Sauber has always said he does not want to do the day to day management, a role he has had thrust on himself somewhat at races this year. So their is a vacancy, and Adrian Fernández is well thought of by Telmex clearly.

The question is how much influence in the overall running of the team will Telmex have over Sauber? That may well be defined by how much loot is changing hands, and whether Slim is or plans to be buying a stake in the team.

Whatever, Kobayashi and Perez will be a good combination I feel.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2769985)   #29
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Perez & Kobayashi make a very exciting pairing. Roll on 2011.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2769998)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Perez & Kobayashi make a very exciting pairing. Roll on 2011.
I agree, but there's a fair amount of excitement still to come in 2010!
Old 6 Oct 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2770061)   #31
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I also agree. I disagree with people who say he is too young not quick enough but looking back, he has soundly beating his most experienced teammates like Mortara who just became Euro F3 champ and Van deGarde who is alsoRenault 3.5 champion. In Brish F3 he still holds a record 14 wins in his first season in England and took on Carlins drives the following year with no teammate and T-sport who are not a top team and yet he led the championship for a while. If he wasn't disqualified in Turkey and taken out while in the lead at Valencia he might have led the GP2 championship so he is a special talent and I see him equal to Kobayashi come 2011.

As for Fernandez well he is already involved. He manages Perez who funny enough was managed earlier in his career by Perez's father Antonio Garibay.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 02:10 (Ref:2770063)   #32
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Good to see Perez get a seat and hopefully the influx of Telmex money will help Sauber build a faster car to help Kobabyashi up the grid.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 07:37 (Ref:2770118)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I agree, but there's a fair amount of excitement still to come in 2010!
It won't involve Raikkonen.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2770187)   #34
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
I also agree. I disagree with people who say he is too young not quick enough but looking back, he has soundly beating his most experienced teammates like Mortara who just became Euro F3 champ and Van deGarde who is alsoRenault 3.5 champion.
definitely the case with van der garde, he's done himself no end of good there. but mortara? hmm. that one never did sound like a simple open/shut case of one teammate being faster than another. it sounded like there was a lot (more) of politics to do with money going on there.

it's not too young or not quick enough, its more... how good is he when the car isn't working for him? that's when a good driver becomes a great one, isn't it?
Old 6 Oct 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2770309)   #35
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's not too young or not quick enough, its more... how good is he when the car isn't working for him? that's when a good driver becomes a great one, isn't it?
That's very important, but not the only thing either.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2770340)   #36
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't expect much from him.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2770361)   #37
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
It won't involve Raikkonen.
Cheeky! I never thought it would, to be honest, nor even in 2011!
Old 6 Oct 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2770541)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
I don't expect much from him.
On the face of it that would be right, certainly from the beginning of the season. It takes these guys quite a while to get the hang of it without any real testing. But should his natural talent keep developing in the right way then he will start delivering on his potential.

I would be surprised if by the end of next season he isn't quicker than Kamui though.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2770604)   #39
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
On the face of it that would be right, certainly from the beginning of the season. It takes these guys quite a while to get the hang of it without any real testing. But should his natural talent keep developing in the right way then he will start delivering on his potential.

I would be surprised if by the end of next season he isn't quicker than Kamui though.
I think by the end of next season, Kamui would still be destroying him.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2770982)   #40
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
You're probably one of those people who thought Hamilton would "destroy" Button.

He hasn't, any more than Cowboyashi will "destroy" Perez. I dislike the word anyway. This is is motor racing we are talking about, not boxing or something similar where the object is to "destroy" the other guy.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2771011)   #41
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You obviously haven't been paying much attention to racing outside of Formula One lately then....

I'm guessing you were one of the people who thought that Kobayashi would be awful when Toyota drafted him in for Glock about this time last year.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2771525)   #42
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perez is going to get some extra 'coaching' it seems:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87251
Old 9 Oct 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2771822)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Interesting, that strongly suggests that when Massa is eventually replaced, Ferrari want to keep the Latin American flavour in the second seat should Perez fare well in his debut with Sauber.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2772070)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I honestly think that Perez is a much greater prospect than most people are giving him credit for.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2772080)   #45
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Quote:
Interesting, that strongly suggests that when Massa is eventually replaced, Ferrari want to keep the Latin American flavour in the second seat should Perez fare well in his debut with Sauber.
I think Bianchi will get the reserve drive next year or so depending if he wins the GP2 crown next year and then slot in for the second seat while Perez and Gutierez drive for Sauber in 3years time which by then Slim will buy a big percentage of the team.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2772132)   #46
Matador
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
You obviously haven't been paying much attention to racing outside of Formula One lately then....

I'm guessing you were one of the people who thought that Kobayashi would be awful when Toyota drafted him in for Glock about this time last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
You're probably one of those people who thought Hamilton would "destroy" Button.

He hasn't, any more than Cowboyashi will "destroy" Perez. I dislike the word anyway. This is is motor racing we are talking about, not boxing or something similar where the object is to "destroy" the other guy.
And I guess you both think that fast in GP2 = fast in F1?

For the record, I didn't think Kobayashi would be rubbish, and I knew that Lewis would beat Button, as he has up to this point, despite retiring from multiple races.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2772134)   #47
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
As a general guide, yes.

None of the GP2 champions, and many others who've won races in it are what you would call backmarkers Matador?

It's only the equipment that decides how competitive GP2 top liners are able be in F1.

Hamillton, Rosberg, Kovy, Glock and Hulk have all been at the least good F1 drivers, one of them is a world champion.

I see no reason from what i've seen or heard about Perez in his career to date to think that he won't be the next truly excellent GP2 graduate.

If he performs he could be Bianchi's teammate at Ferrari in 2-3 years, or maybe they'll be competing for the same drive!
Old 9 Oct 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2772161)   #48
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, you don't become champion or finish second in GP2 through being useless.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 01:58 (Ref:2772265)   #49
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Ferrari just added Sergio Perez to there "Ferrari Driver Academy"
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2772623)   #50
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Well Ferrari just added Sergio Perez to there "Ferrari Driver Academy"
Thanks J.C we noted this already in a couple of threads, it's good news for Sergio and Mexican fans.

Looked like his teammate next year really threw down the best overtaker in the team gauntlet already!