Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2001, 09:00 (Ref:105034)   #26
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everybody, just face it - Peter hates Montoya. Nothing is going to change that. If he won every race from here on and didn't say a word, Peter would hate him. As it's like flogging a dead horse, I'm not going to take up any of the aforementioned points I don't agree with.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 09:05 (Ref:105036)   #27
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett

Austria. Seems your memory span is shorter than those you've insulted.

He did not take out TGF in Austria the two never touched...unlike Jerez '97, Australia '94...

Quote:

Hmm,

You may be right about what he's introduced - "excitement" but as someone who remembers a lot further back than your apparent memory span (This season?) I don't recall any performances as appalling as his so far in a first season in F1 in a top seat. As to "racing spirit". I can't believe you really think that. Overtaking? Once against a competitive car, a lot against stricken or lesser cars.
Overtaking taking a lesser car, a Jordan, the forth best in the feild. Coulthard was unable to pass an Arrows, one of the worst cars in the feild.

Last edited by Damon; 14 Jun 2001 at 09:06.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 09:32 (Ref:105045)   #28
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
COMMON GUYS, LETS NOT GET TO SILLY EXTREMES TO WIN A POINT. Sorry for caps. JPM's dad gave him so very good advice - step back and try to race to finish and not to prove anything. The guy is a good driver, someone that could bring us a lot of joy to watch. Why $hit can the guy just to be smart?
Old 14 Jun 2001, 09:46 (Ref:105049)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now read this carefully folks because I'm only going to say this ONE MORE TIME.

I do not HATE him or any other driver. I DISLIKE him intensely because at the moment he is displaying all the skill and capability of a jerk. If he gets his act together then I may well change my mind.

Furthermore I did NOT say he'd pushed anybody off the track I said he forced somebody off the track. Please read my post and stop trying to insult my intelligence.

I cannot see how overtaking a car which he happened upon whilst it had a serious tyre problem makes him a great or even a good driver. I refer to the "Trulli" overtaking move which even Bernoldi could have performed in his Arrows. Why not compare that to Hakkinen at Spa last year or is your memory span too short?
Old 14 Jun 2001, 10:10 (Ref:105056)   #30
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Slip streaming a car down a long straight, wow that takes some race craft!! If this is impressive why not Montoyas moves, I'm sure if JPM were to pull the exact same move this year you'd condem it as dangourous. The simple fact is that you don't like the bloke, fair enough, but try to take a more subjective stance with your argument rather than simply giving in to your rage.

Last edited by Damon; 14 Jun 2001 at 10:11.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 10:29 (Ref:105063)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm certainly not angry.

I was merely emphasing your errors. I also think you meant to write objective rather than subjective. Another error?

Y'see its a fact (therefore objective) that he's bad mouthed a lot of people without actually doing anything more than one impressive overtaking move, one inherited podium and a lot of car breaking.

Its a fact that he was taken out of the Brazilian race so not his fault.

Its a fact that Trulli wasn't really travelling very fast when the super star happened upon him.

Its a fact that I have the utmost respect for any driver who gets into an F1 car and performs. I have little respect for loud mouthed under achievers. And objectively you surely can't deny that he is under achieving.

You don't appear to have acknowledged your mistake in reading my previous posts either so I guess having given an opinion opposite to yours I don't deserve any respect. Ergo. You will forgive me if I ignore you from now on.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 11:11 (Ref:105080)   #32
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter - I'm sorry if I 1) misquoted you, or 2) insulted you. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on SOME JPM issues. Not all. I for instance, also think Montoya is an idiot.

Now everyone just chill. I think its time for everyone to start being warm and fuzzy again.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 11:16 (Ref:105082)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Absolutely no need to apologise Mac. But just to pick up on a point of yours. If he really was to win every race from now on I'd certainly applaud him.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 11:19 (Ref:105085)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I posted in another thread, that I worried about JPM failures.
Fomula 1 has no mercy, and if a driver did not show any outcome he would be in trouble...

And unfortunately JPM can be like AZ or MA. Sir Williams take no prisioners.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 11:21 (Ref:105086)   #35
mac
Veteran

Good on you Pete. That did the trick. I AM feeling warm and fuzzy again.

Oh and Bononi - AZ was ripped off!
Old 14 Jun 2001, 13:59 (Ref:105140)   #36
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Overtaking? Once against a competitive car, a lot against stricken or lesser cars.
PM, does this mean.. only Ferrari-McLaren overtakings are valid for Williams ?. I think you are out of perspective... I think passing a Jordan driven by Trulli is a valid one, don't you ?
Old 14 Jun 2001, 13:59 (Ref:105141)   #37
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
As was Frentzen, Mac. Mr Williams is not great at nuturing talent.

Hi again Pete, we got a little heated back there so lets just agree to disagree.

ps. sorry for my grammatical mistakes in earlier posts.

Last edited by Damon; 14 Jun 2001 at 14:00.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 02:12 (Ref:105368)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
PM, does this mean.. only Ferrari-McLaren overtakings are valid for Williams ?. I think you are out of perspective... I think passing a Jordan driven by Trulli is a valid one, don't you ?
Not at all. The point was that from my perspective Trulli offered no resistance. Just like Raikonnen when he allowed MS through in Austria. Ergo, its not really anything to shout about.

The MH move at Spa 2000 was a seriously good move. If you've ever been to Spa and watched at that point (difficult but possible) you would realise how committed Mika had to be to make the pass stick. I'm probably fortunate because I've raced there several times so I know the corner well.

However you could go back to Barcelona 1992 or Silverstone 1987 for two of the most spectacular passes in the history of F1 by Mansell.

So you see its not the driver, its the pass that counts for me. I just haven't seen JPM do more than 1 good move.

Further back to 1980 and France when you got Arnoux and Villeneauve swapping rubber, paint and anything else for second place.

You then compare those with JPM and you realise that he's just not really that good.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 05:51 (Ref:105396)   #39
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

You then compare those with JPM and you realise that he's just not really that good.
Look, just step back, wait a few races - JPM will mature, and he will give us a lot of enjoyment from his racing.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 06:13 (Ref:105398)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Bouncy, If I step back any further, I'll be outside in the rain!!!!
Old 15 Jun 2001, 15:04 (Ref:105512)   #41
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Pete, you must know that overtaking in todays F1 cars is so difficult that any overtaking move is going to be somthing to shout about.

I agree with you on the fact that Mansell was one of the most spectacular passers in the world though. Mexico and Hungary 1990 are highlights of mine.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 15:29 (Ref:105521)   #42
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Quote:
The MH move at Spa 2000 was a seriously good move....I know the corner well.
As far as I know, the pass was performed at the end of a straight... let me check my video again.

PS: You better check Montoya's over-Trulli pass again... maybe you know better than me this track, too. But, let me tell you something, according to some experts..., this was an excelent move.
Old 16 Jun 2001, 02:04 (Ref:105709)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well overtaking has always been difficult to an extent, although this year, for whatever reason, we are seeing more of it by more people.

The MH move happened under braking for Les Combes at the top of the hill. Its a 90 deg right followed by a 90 deg left and if you are off line (as MH was) then its extremely difficult to make the pass stick. And A parrellel with Trulli. Mickey-the-shoe's tyres were less than good at that time and yet he put up some fierce resistance. Trulli on the other hand was definitely not on the limit.

Some experts may disagree with me and that's their perogative. However you are asking my opinion.
Old 16 Jun 2001, 03:14 (Ref:105729)   #44
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Some experts may disagree with me and that's their perogative. However you are asking my opinion.
Who asked you?? If I remember correctly, the request by Speed was for expert opinion.
Old 16 Jun 2001, 03:29 (Ref:105732)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
As far as I know, the pass was performed at the end of a straight... let me check my video again.

PS: You better check Montoya's over-Trulli pass again... maybe you know better than me this track, too. But, let me tell you something, according to some experts..., this was an excelent move.
Er Bouncy. Would you like to rephrase that?
Old 16 Jun 2001, 09:38 (Ref:105781)   #46
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Fish are biting well today!!
Old 16 Jun 2001, 18:38 (Ref:105924)   #47
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England

Peter, you have been rather easy to irritate of late.
Old 16 Jun 2001, 19:45 (Ref:105935)   #48
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who considers JPM to be other than a terrific driver is qute obviously without a single grain of intelligence. He has been able to arrive in F1, and do what most of the rest of the field have been unable to do since DH retired, ie show Schumacher that it is possible to pass without trying to cheat, and chuck someone into the scenery! He was equally good in cart, so stop complaining and just accept that a new proper driver has arrived!!
Old 16 Jun 2001, 20:01 (Ref:105942)   #49
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
go john, go john!

good to see the touring car drivers taking an interest in F1!
Old 16 Jun 2001, 20:38 (Ref:105952)   #50
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Who asked you?? If I remember correctly, the request by Speed was for expert opinion.
I haven´t request any opinion, at all, I just invited Peter to see Montoya´s move again...

But, I have no problem to listen a different point of view... all opinions are welcome. That´s why I´m on this Forum to listen and be listened... or we better say "read".

Tags
jpm