Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Sep 2007, 15:57 (Ref:2013760)   #26
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is everyone going mental in here?

i think you will find its very easy to de-flate and put air into tyres, very simple process, some people in here may know how to do it on their own car now and then

if ferrari are using a different gas this is most likely their own making, meaning that ferrari inflate the tyres with some thing different, not more of this nonesense talk that ferrari get special treatment from bridgstone.
Old 15 Sep 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2013796)   #27
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
There is no reason that Bridgestone should spontaneously offer up information that Ferrari have worked to discover. In exactly the same way, there is no reason Bridgestone should offer up information that other teams have worked to discover to Ferrari.
I agree. At first I thought it seemed a bit odd, but bearing in mind that Ferrari have worked closely with Bridgestone for years, it's not that surprising that they've already worked out how to get maximum performance out of their tyres. I can't see why the other teams should just be handed that information if Ferrari's engineers had to work it out for themselves!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Sep 2007, 16:51 (Ref:2013802)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Fletche
Helium would really suck the heat out.
Argon would keep the heat in.

Nitrogen is somewhere between.

So you could mitigate the pressure loss from a safety car incident by using Argon, for instance. Or make the tyres run cooler if necessary by using Helium. You could mix and match gasses to get the properties you want. Which is presumably what they all do.

Obviously the donkey technical staff came up with something good in this area and the McCheats wanted to steal it.
Patrick Please check you PM..
Old 15 Sep 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2013866)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I wonder if any of the teams have thought of using Methane to inflate their tyres.Maybe one or two already have.
Old 15 Sep 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2013893)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You beat me to it...
Old 15 Sep 2007, 21:51 (Ref:2014039)   #31
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK i'm happy. But I thought that it was an interesting area to explore.
This whole thing about single source control components brings up the question about who is responsible for the provision of technical information on the component, who gets it, and when.
Let's not go there on ECU's