Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Sep 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2019995)   #26
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Spa is over-rated for F1 cars because it's not much of a challenge anymore, what with the high grip levels and huge tarmac run-off areas. Ant turned round and said in his Spa preview that it isn't the challenge it was

I'm not saying it isn't a challenge full stop. It's less of one for F1 cars. Outside F1 of course it's still one of the greatest tracks in the world

I think it may have come with it being dropped. The grass is always greener at the tracks not on the calendar

I just despise tarmac run-off
Old 21 Sep 2007, 19:11 (Ref:2019998)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The tarmac run-off has ruined it to a degree but it's stil a pleasing track.

It does make me cringe when you hear the drivers praising the tarmac run-off at Pouhon or wherever though. I can make a mistake and rejoin, whoopee!
Old 21 Sep 2007, 19:35 (Ref:2020011)   #28
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh the G Forces experienced at the playstation...what on earth are the drivers talking about?
Old 21 Sep 2007, 19:56 (Ref:2020033)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
The tarmac run-off has ruined it to a degree but it's stil a pleasing track.

It does make me cringe when you hear the drivers praising the tarmac run-off at Pouhon or wherever though. I can make a mistake and rejoin, whoopee!
Just like, "game over", press the start button to try again...
Old 21 Sep 2007, 20:16 (Ref:2020057)   #30
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Just for people who don't know, here is what the Fuji track looks like now...

The last few corners are understeer-city, and look blood-vomitingly awful.

Old 21 Sep 2007, 20:39 (Ref:2020070)   #31
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I look forward to the new race. It isn't Suzuka but atleast Suzuka is coming back. I'll pass my verdict on Fuji after the race whether the track is good and the racing is good etc...I can't wait anyway as it adds extra interest and no one has raced there yet so its equal.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 21:41 (Ref:2020113)   #32
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
They didn't have to clear acres and acres in the Eiffel Mountains for the Nordscleife and Sudschleife. They simply carved a beautiful, twisty, country road into the hillsides. Except for Monza and the Nurburgring, the other older circuits are pretty much all the result of someone laying out a course on pre-existing roads.

I might have been able to excuse reprofiling 100R at Fuji, but what they did to 300R is inexcusable. I don't know how well this configuration will work out for overtaking, but I can't recall seeing much into Turn 1 at Bahrain, so I'm not exactly hopeful. And what on Earth was Tilke thinking when he put in that chicane thing on the back side of the course (or was he thinking)?
Old 21 Sep 2007, 22:21 (Ref:2020132)   #33
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just another circuit thats been "Tilke-fied" as the phrase seems to be now
Old 21 Sep 2007, 22:24 (Ref:2020135)   #34
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does the pitlane exit's "Don't cross line" really extend as close to the Apex of T1 as it looks?
Old 21 Sep 2007, 23:56 (Ref:2020165)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It looks rather boring to me..There is a lot of elevation change yes?
Old 22 Sep 2007, 00:20 (Ref:2020174)   #36
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least they have the longest straight...
Old 22 Sep 2007, 00:21 (Ref:2020175)   #37
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Sorry I did not mean to sound negative.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 00:57 (Ref:2020178)   #38
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Just for people who don't know, here is what the Fuji track looks like now...

The last few corners are understeer-city, and look blood-vomitingly awful.

Agree Jeremy It looks a bit boring so I took the liberty to make a few changes

edit. Sorry for some reason it dosn't like incerting my pics. Link above

Last edited by NAC; 22 Sep 2007 at 00:59.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 01:01 (Ref:2020180)   #39
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh I should explain where the inspiration came from. None other than HSV (Holden Special Vehicles)

Old 22 Sep 2007, 01:17 (Ref:2020185)   #40
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Fuji........Has flashback to 1976.....

Hunt...Lauda....rain....Depaillers flat tyre......Andretti wins...Mr Blobby...

nah....... they don't have F1 racing like that anymore.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 01:44 (Ref:2020196)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Fuji........Has flashback to 1976.....

Hunt...Lauda....rain....Depaillers flat tyre......Andretti wins...Mr Blobby...

nah....... they don't have F1 racing like that anymore.
Ooohhh... a time of heroes... sweet memories... we had circuits, cars and drivers.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 02:15 (Ref:2020205)   #42
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Ooohhh... a time of heroes... sweet memories... we had circuits, cars and drivers.
yes...Mr Blobby was my favourite too
Old 22 Sep 2007, 02:38 (Ref:2020211)   #43
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the new 100R will be a good corner, and there could be some brave outbraking/overtaking going into turn one. Other than that, not that special anymore. Maybe if we're lucky there'll be the odd Ferrari passing a Spyker into the chicane towards the end of the circuit.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 08:49 (Ref:2020286)   #44
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
From S Moss
just another circuit thats been "Tilke-fied" as the phrase seems to be now
I actually prefer the word 'Tilked' You will also notice the word contains enough letters to to spell 'kiled'....
Old 22 Sep 2007, 09:02 (Ref:2020291)   #45
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think even if Fiji is a decent track on its own, the fact that Suzuka is such a nice track to drive on just makes it impossibly hard for Fiji to replace.

That said, trying the layout on simulation games, i'd say that i didn't quite like the final sector, its almost too twisty, hungary like and adds nothing to driving/racing challenge.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 10:07 (Ref:2020325)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fiji?
Old 22 Sep 2007, 12:56 (Ref:2020415)   #47
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe there going to fiji instead, fuji is just a deterant while really they are building a great track with elavation, fast flowing turns and we'll be in for a good race.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 13:27 (Ref:2020422)   #48
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the you tube link earlier in the thread Martyn.

Nothing about that track looks anything like the Japanese GP. Dunno what that is, but it ain't the Japanese Grand Prix. I'm reminded of Indianapolis.

Good grief.
Old 22 Sep 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2020623)   #49
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
I think even if Fiji is a decent track on its own, the fact that Suzuka is such a nice track to drive on just makes it impossibly hard for Fiji to replace.

That said, trying the layout on simulation games, i'd say that i didn't quite like the final sector, its almost too twisty, hungary like and adds nothing to driving/racing challenge.
Which is why Suzuka is clearly the better choice..
Old 22 Sep 2007, 22:01 (Ref:2020667)   #50
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
untill the last section of track it is basically the same as the old one (just with huge carparks on either side of it). I have driven it in GT4, but, TBH i only ever drove the GT Layout (misses the first tight stop start chicane) because the GP Layout was way to stop start, i just couldnt get round those corners, they seem pointless, the F1 cars should just use the GT Shortcut (GT Cars dont even use it in real life...) and then the track would be bearable.....