Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Oct 2007, 18:50 (Ref:2048256)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
There are to many dispensations in WTCC (don't know about BTCC and STCC) but to be honest I don't really care about these dispensations. I want to see close racing, overtaking, action and different manufacturers. So far WTCC satisfies me.

Last edited by FIRE; 22 Oct 2007 at 18:56.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 14:41 (Ref:2049238)   #27
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic
Do you guys remember the V8 Star championship? I think it was fantastic, it had great drivers, all cars with same chassis, tyres and V8 (or very similar) and just a different car body depending on what make they represented (there was Jaguar S type, BMW 5 Series, Audi A4, Volskwagen Passat, Lexus GS, Ford Mondeo...) though the championship quickly died...
The cars were basically NASCAR Busch kit IIRC.

S2000 is a good rule set, although the suspension rules need to be changed to make the cars tougher.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 15:24 (Ref:2049267)   #28
Koulle
Racer

United Kingdom
Koulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with some of the last posts:

The S2000 regs are a bit of a mess right now (especially in WTCC) but even so the racing (imo at least) in BTCC and WTCC is close, I can't comment on STCC as I have never seen a race.

Alot of people say that the racing in WTCC is not close or boring, to those people I ask what other series has closer racing? Because I struggle to name even a few.