Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Sep 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2283930)   #26
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
It's a token thing. If Fiat are forced to take notice of economic boycotts or something it will be fed back to the FIA in some way. It's the only thing I can think of at present that would be worthwhile and legal. Or a mass boycott of Ferrari memorabilia.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2283932)   #27
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp0...tion-sign.html
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2283946)   #28
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Timo Glock has had a 25 second penalty for overtaking under yellow, which is a far worse offence!
they need some structure to there penalties, useless idiots!
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2283952)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's cool our heads, let the dust settle down, there's a FIA hearing ahead for the appeal, so we must take some serious thought about what we can do in a practical way.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2283953)   #30
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taken from Autosport....

DAMS driver Kamui Kobayashi lost his point for sixth place in Sunday's GP2 sprint race at Spa-Francorchamps when race stewards gave him a 25-second penalty for cutting the Bus Stop chicane.

Kobayashi used the short-cut to grab sixth place from Davide Valsecchi of Durango on the final lap, but the penalty drops him to 14th place.

Now on the last lap.i guess he didn`t give the position back.
Lewis did give the position back and got the same penalty..
Strange
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2283959)   #31
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think he did give the position back.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2283961)   #32
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have just got in and am totally aghast at this news... The FIA's credibility hits an all time low.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2283962)   #33
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Let's cool our heads, let the dust settle down, there's a FIA hearing ahead for the appeal, so we must take some serious thought about what we can do in a practical way.
Another quote from Autosport...

There are some doubts about whether McLaren are allowed to appeal against a drive-through penalty, which means the Court of Appeal may first have to decide at its hearing whether or not the appeal is admissible.

Duke,
If that is the case,then the penalty is justified in that case
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2283973)   #34
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel
Another quote from Autosport...

There are some doubts about whether McLaren are allowed to appeal against a drive-through penalty, which means the Court of Appeal may first have to decide at its hearing whether or not the appeal is admissible.

Duke,
If that is the case,then the penalty is justified in that case
Do you think the stewards knew this or am I just being cynical!

Last edited by White flag man; 7 Sep 2008 at 20:29.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2283977)   #35
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
Just a thought, the home nation of the winning driver seems to get 2 home gp's, and we know Bernie wouldn't want that, easiest way to sort that is to fix results
Watching the last few laps again, If Lewis switched sides of track Behind Kimi then he must have given his place back and slowed down
FARCE
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2283988)   #36
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
Just a thought, the home nation of the winning driver seems to get 2 home gp's, and we know Bernie wouldn't want that, easiest way to sort that is to fix results
Watching the last few laps again, If Lewis switched sides of track Behind Kimi then he must have given his place back and slowed down
FARCE
McLaren have said that there data shows that lewis slowed down by 6 kmh
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2283998)   #37
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel
Taken from Autosport....

DAMS driver Kamui Kobayashi lost his point for sixth place in Sunday's GP2 sprint race at Spa-Francorchamps when race stewards gave him a 25-second penalty for cutting the Bus Stop chicane.

Kobayashi used the short-cut to grab sixth place from Davide Valsecchi of Durango on the final lap, but the penalty drops him to 14th place.

Now on the last lap.i guess he didn`t give the position back.
Lewis did give the position back and got the same penalty..
Strange
Quite. Had Lewis not given the place back, given that he lost time behind KR and as a result lost further time behind NR he might have gained 25 seconds on FM. Certainly on NH.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2284001)   #38
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
so does my dvd!!!
Old 7 Sep 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2284034)   #39
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the words of Duncan Bannatyne on Dragons Den

'I'm In'

We must stand up to the FIA
Old 7 Sep 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2284047)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
completely agree Bon.

i like the idea of doing something and a letter writing campaign would be a good place to start.
maybe offer members the opportunity to post a letter online and then have those post reprinted on some official ten tenth letterhead.
personally i would be willing to donate time and money to help and im sure many other will also willing.
as you say, there are alot of us and there is something we could do.
also we should apply for FIA membership.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2284097)   #41
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I signed the petition but I agree with this feeling of there is perhaps something more we could do?

Just want to say aswell, it's really good to see so many passionate people willing to stand up for something they love.

Selby
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:08 (Ref:2284111)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely there's something we can do. We're not just a small bunch of die-hard fans. We're huge and we're not blind to what it's wrong. We must stick together and think of something that at least will make our voices heard.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2284140)   #43
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby
I signed the petition but I agree with this feeling of there is perhaps something more we could do?

Just want to say aswell, it's really good to see so many passionate people willing to stand up for something they love.
Quote:
Definitely there's something we can do. We're not just a small bunch of die-hard fans. We're huge and we're not blind to what it's wrong. We must stick together and think of something that at least will make our voices heard.
Whatever it takes, count me in.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:34 (Ref:2284144)   #44
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least we can't accuse them of neglecting the safety of GP2 competitors and pitcrew. The rules there appear to be far tougher..

Maybe ITV could refuse to screen the Italian race unless the penalty is overturned? That might really shake things up.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2284145)   #45
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Maybe ITV could refuse to screen the Italian race unless the penalty is overturned? That might really shake things up.
Imagine that lol If there wasn't so much money involved, it could happen! lol

I almost want McLaren to do something silly at the next GP. Strike on the grid?

It's just so wrong to let something like this pass!

Selby
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:39 (Ref:2284148)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Right now, almost all of us can think of is revenge. That doesn't work this way. Like I said, let's cool our heads first.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:55 (Ref:2284159)   #47
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I was going to send a rather nasty abusive letter to Max,but I fear that he may like that sort of thing and so we need to come up with something that really strikes at the heart of Bernie's 'show'.

Vive la revolution!
Old 8 Sep 2008, 00:33 (Ref:2284223)   #48
flashing
Rookie

flashing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I share the despair these posts elude too.

I have been involved in F1 in one way or another for more years than I care to remember and I can’t recall a time when the ‘powers that be’ are so distrusted to administer the sport in a fair and even handed manner as now.

Unfortunately I have also had the ‘pleasure’ of dealing with the FIA first hand and can confidently predict that any actions by fans will not even register the smallest blimp on their own little Richter scale.

The only way this gets sorted is by the appointment of a completely fresh face at the top.

And we all know the chances of that.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 01:33 (Ref:2284250)   #49
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am all up for action but in all honesty I could not care about this penalty - the FIA lost creditabiltiy long before this - yes the penalty is unjust but I could rattle 100 other things off as to why F1 and FIA led events are dead to me - and that does extend beyond F1 too.

They need to be bought into line in the WRC and FIA GT along with junior formula and I am sure other events too.

F1 is obviously the most visible with their constant absolutely logic-defying decisions and I must admit F1 died for me at Monza in 2006- although it had been dieing for a long time before that and the antics since has just vindicated my decision, although I do watch the races when I can, I no longer buy sponsors products if I have an alternative - particularly if the altnertative is involved with a team/sport/service/charity that I do support.

And we also have to consider the non-sporting side of the FIA which do good work and is a great lobbying group for the auto industry - and if that gets destroyed then the automotive industry is gone as we know it and that won't be a good thing...

Ultimately the FIA can be and should be great but they have a systemic culture of 'dishonesty' which has existed for at least the last 30 years - and that is not something that will be weeded out easily

But we, as the 10-10ths group should do something - at least we can say we tried...
Old 8 Sep 2008, 04:33 (Ref:2284305)   #50
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Right now, almost all of us can think of is revenge. That doesn't work this way. Like I said, let's cool our heads first.
Yes, but solve this situation is as tricky as it was for Hercule Poirot to solve his ultimate case at Curtain. Those who aren't aware of it, I recommend to read that book.

But I'm in about your advice, We need to cool our heads... mine too.