Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Sep 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2291063)   #26
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIAGT is practically a European championship, that's only a fagpaper more likely unless Ratel gets his WGTC next year (unlikely).

FNippon might not necessarily by what they are thinking of, as IIRC it doesn't leave Japan. SuperLeague Formula is unlikely as they are Europe only this year and there is no Australian involvement.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2291236)   #27
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford
It doesnt matter what they try to get,i dont think it would be as good as the champcar\v8s were even getting the A1 series in wont be a popular as the champcars\indy cars will be.
This I do agree with..... Mind due I'd like to see a full grid of F5000's racing here.... as for the DTM's vs the "supertaxis" the DTM's are a faster car yeah they are both v8's but pwor to wieght ratio would have to be completey different and if they go faster than the taxi's TC wouldn't like that....
Old 16 Sep 2008, 05:56 (Ref:2291477)   #28
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
Could this enable SEL to takeover the Indy event promotions, whereby they create the card (A1GP/DTM/V8SC)? Has TC engineered the existing GC/Indy promoters out of a job, by effectively locking out IRL via VESA being inflexible with V8SC/Gold Coast dates?
Could be on the money, Davester. TC has released some interesting press releases lately attacking the Indycar series. Does Unification worry him?

It would be a scary prospect if SEL took over the event promotions of Gold Coast Indy. VESA already have to much say with the Television and seem to be throwing there weight around with the 09 date.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 05:56 (Ref:2291478)   #29
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
Could this enable SEL to takeover the Indy event promotions, whereby they create the card (A1GP/DTM/V8SC)? Has TC engineered the existing GC/Indy promoters out of a job, by effectively locking out IRL via VESA being inflexible with V8SC/Gold Coast dates?
Could be on the money, Davester. TC has released some interesting press releases lately attacking the Indycar series. Does Unification worry him?

It would be a scary prospect if SEL took over the event promotions of Gold Coast Indy. VESA already have to much say with the Television and seem to be throwing there weight around with the 09 date.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 07:50 (Ref:2291535)   #30
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange thread title-I thought for a minuite DTM was going to Indianapolis.As a nuetral UK observer,how about a combined Aussie Supercar/DTM race?
Old 17 Sep 2008, 00:18 (Ref:2292191)   #31
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Thanks to all aerodynamic parts there isn't much overtaking in DTM.
Apparently when some of those parts get knocked off without damaging the car this slows the car to an extent where it's out of the running for a win. Not to mention the politics. If you think the V8s are bad enough, they have nothing on Mercedes and Audi. I'd love to see the DTM race in Australia, the cars look like nothing else and they're so fast but for actual racing the V8s would be better.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 00:46 (Ref:2292195)   #32
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_n
This I do agree with..... Mind due I'd like to see a full grid of F5000's racing here....
I'd like to see a 'full' grid of V8 supercars before we worry about any other categories.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2292434)   #33
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have "full grids" already, it's just that TC's idea of "full" seems to differ from the rest of us. Remember the Group A and C days at Bathrust with 50-60 cars on the grid, as a spectator there was always something going past you after the first few laps of the race.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2292435)   #34
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have "full grids" already, it's just that TC's idea of "full" seems to differ from the rest of us. Remember the Group A and C days at Bathrust with 50-60 cars on the grid, as a spectator there was always something going past you after the first few laps of the race.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2292846)   #35
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hence the way i worded my post. Even 36 was decent. Not sure what the pits are like at every track, but it worked in previous years, so i'm not seeing the difficulty.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 03:02 (Ref:2295761)   #36
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Strange thread title-I thought for a minute DTM was going to Indianapolis.
The ChampCar/IndyCar event on the Gold Coast is commonly referred to by most Australians as the Gold Coast Indy.

If DTM was going to Indianapolis, the mods would have moved the relating thread out of the Aussie Touring Car forum by now.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 07:58 (Ref:2295847)   #37
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
The ChampCar/IndyCar event on the Gold Coast is commonly referred to by most Australians as the Gold Coast Indy.

If DTM was going to Indianapolis, the mods would have moved the relating thread out of the Aussie Touring Car forum by now.
Yes,when I posted that the 'Gold Coast' had not been added-seems the mods got my point.Had not noticed it was in the touring car sub section.What I get is a list of all the threads that have been added to since my last log on,regardless of subsection.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2298894)   #38
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Apparently when some of those parts get knocked off without damaging the car this slows the car to an extent where it's out of the running for a win. Not to mention the politics. If you think the V8s are bad enough, they have nothing on Mercedes and Audi. I'd love to see the DTM race in Australia, the cars look like nothing else and they're so fast but for actual racing the V8s would be better.
Surprisingly we have a poll on the In Pit Lane website and so far (albeit with a handful of votes, DTM & Super GT have failed to get one single vote.
At the moment FIA GT, Le Mans Series and just more V8 Supercars are equal on votes with 4 each. A1GP is also up there with GP2 Asia getting a single vote.
Outside of In Pit Lane I would doubt that there'd be much TV coverage of the DTM (is it on Pay TV?) but I'd have thought they'd have done much better than that.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2298961)   #39
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Outside of In Pit Lane I would doubt that there'd be much TV coverage of the DTM (is it on Pay TV?) but I'd have thought they'd have done much better than that.
Some DTM highlights have been on Pay in the summer months in the past.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 01:51 (Ref:2299256)   #40
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Surprisingly we have a poll on the In Pit Lane website and so far (albeit with a handful of votes, DTM & Super GT have failed to get one single vote.
At the moment FIA GT, Le Mans Series and just more V8 Supercars are equal on votes with 4 each. A1GP is also up there with GP2 Asia getting a single vote.
This years series is on Foxtel although the races are shown several weeks after the race was run.

The races are extremely processional - too much grip, braking distances too short, etc, etc
Old 2 Oct 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2302783)   #41
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps a V8 Supercar double header South african sytle

http://motoring.iafrica.com/motorspo...it/1202140.htm
Old 2 Oct 2008, 13:46 (Ref:2302795)   #42
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ronke

Now that's what Sports Sedans should be like.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 22:05 (Ref:2303096)   #43
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the proximity of the Macau F3 (World Champs) to the Gold Coast date, it is obvious that there could be another (World Champ) F3 Street Race to headline (share) the card. Issue would be that F/Ford is V8SC's favoured open wheel category so F3 probably wouldn't get a look in.
Old 3 Oct 2008, 01:49 (Ref:2303155)   #44
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ronke

Now that's what Sports Sedans should be like.
Actually the South African cars are ex-Transam and locally built cars. Sports Sedans has widened its regulations recently to allow these sort of cars in.
Old 3 Oct 2008, 04:37 (Ref:2303186)   #45
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz
With the proximity of the Macau F3 (World Champs) to the Gold Coast date, it is obvious that there could be another (World Champ) F3 Street Race to headline (share) the card. Issue would be that F/Ford is V8SC's favoured open wheel category so F3 probably wouldn't get a look in.
I'm sure F3 used to support thiz race a little while ago?
Old 3 Oct 2008, 04:53 (Ref:2303193)   #46
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB
I'm sure F3 used to support thiz race a little while ago?
There is an F3 race this year as well. Sadly the Macau Grand Prix is not quite what it used to be and it's not a World Championship. The F1 drivers who used to regularly go back and do Macau don't do it anymore. Many of the top British Japanese and Euro series teams will be running but if people here don't know about, the guys in Indy car how many will know who the hell Nico Hülkenberg and Mika Maki are.
The Grand Prix has to an extent been eclipsed by the WTCC round that runs with it.
That said it'll still be a unique motorsport event and I'll finally get the chance to check it out for myself this year.

Last edited by inpitlane; 3 Oct 2008 at 05:00.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2307394)   #47
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-indy.html
Old 9 Oct 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2307427)   #48
iconic
Racer

iconic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
inpitlane make sure to buy tickets at the Lisboa Stand. there you will see all the local drivers 'attempt' passes and other drivers with brainfade

don't miss out on the scooters!!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...00/scotter.jpg
Old 25 Oct 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2320823)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like the Qld Government isnt looking to support a standalone V8Supercar event Here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Oct 2008, 01:06 (Ref:2320855)   #50
inpitlane
Veteran

It looks like somebody is taking Tony's DTM to the Gold Coast call seriously. This thing might just have legs. (though I doubt it) STORY