Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 Jan 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2609045)   #26
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bearing in mind that Forza 3 lets you paint cars and share content online, has DTM, V8 Supercars, Super GT, pre-COT Stock Cars, alot of ALMS/LMS/Le Mans cars with alot of LMS and ALMS circuits, La Sarthe... Also the physics ain't to shoddy either, a little bit worse than RACE Pro's, but it still feels great

Not to mention Xbox Live being far superior But lets not collapse into an FM3 vs GT5 battle.

EDIT - Knowls just made a much better point than me
Old 6 Jan 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2609125)   #27
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With confirmed features like damage (including in-car damage for 170 cars), dynamic weather and day/night transitions, head tracking, 1,000+ cars etc., combined with the great physics from GT5D, even the most cynical has to admit this is starting to look like a landmark title.

Reading around even the PC sim crowd appear converted.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2609135)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Certainly should be decent.

But I'd have to buy a PS3 again to get it, and I just cannot be bothered.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2609400)   #29
Maxwell Murder
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Maxwell Murder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
What I am getting at is that the game is designed for use with a wheel! OK Sony why dont you add up how many people actually use on on a PS3, I would imagine less than 10% use a wheel for playing on consoles.
The professional physics you experienced in the demo are more suited to wheel users (but not impossible for DS3 users), that is correct, but the full GT5 will also have a standard physics mode for players who find the professional physics too hard. Apon the two physics modes, there will also be various driving aids to make playing easier, so it will hardly be a necessity to buy a wheel to play GT5.

Quote:
That is bad market research unless youa re intending to market a wheel that works with the game of course!
Logitech and Polyphony Digital already have produced an official GT wheel for the PS3 - The Logitech Driving Force GT.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2614305)   #30
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tried out the GT5 Academy demo at Autosport yesterday, along with I Racing and that insane Hexatech simulator thingy by Cruden. Quite impressed by this i must admit, the brakes seem just a tad unrealistic, you seem to be able to brake insanely late in the tuned 350Z from about 150mph odd for the first corner at Indy. Apart from that GT5 is shaping up to something truly brilliant.
Is there any word on LMP cars thus far?
I liked the fact we got the Pescarolo's in GT4, would be nice if the Pesca's were in again as well as Oreca's, Lola's etc. Hopefully there is some kind of livery editor and the sound is better as well...
Old 18 Jan 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2615010)   #31
Maxwell Murder
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Is there any word on LMP cars thus far?
The Audi R10 has been featured in two trailers, along with the Mazda 787B. I assume the LMP and Group C cars from GT4 and GT PSP will return, hopefully a few more too.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2618954)   #32
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why get a livery editor and LMP cars in GT when they are already on Forza??
Old 25 Jan 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2619198)   #33
Maxwell Murder
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Round 1 of GT Academy is over and round 2 (national finals) should begin very soon. I was hoping to get to round 2, but I gave up when I found out you need a full drivers license to advance. I underestimated the amount of fast GT players in Australia, so I really doubt I would've made round 2 anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Why get a livery editor and LMP cars in GT when they are already on Forza??