Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2675945)   #26
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Until MS comes to grips with his car, I'd have to question he and Nico as being the best combo at this point. I think right now Lewis and Button have the edge but I don't expect it to last the season.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2676001)   #27
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Is it just me, or is this a contradictory statement?
I don't think so as I remember it Senna was not exactly gracious about giving Berger the win and didn't want anyone to think he had been beaten. Instead of letting Berger catch and pass him in a plausible way he simply pulled out a massive lead and then slowed to a crawl right at the very end of the last lap.

Last edited by fourWheelDrift; 19 Apr 2010 at 17:59.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2676007)   #28
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
I hated the decisions Ferrari made with Barrichello during his time at the team. I hated Schumacher giving him race wins.
I hated it when Barrichello was forced by the team management to concede his win in the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix to MS. I am pleased that he did it on the finish straight in front of the full grandstands to prove the point that this was HIS victory.

After that Grand Prix, Barrichello 'lost' to Michael in more subtle ways, because F1 does not allow teams to choose which of their drivers via 'team orders' win in such circumstances ........ but it still went on and goes on to this day!

Last edited by phoenix; 19 Apr 2010 at 17:59.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2676080)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
That only proves that the problem was on the other side, the spaniard side... Teflonso.
Or maybe, Lewis has learnt from the debacle too?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2676082)   #30
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if they are getting on as well as they did in GP2 I'd put my money on Senna and Chandhok.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2676113)   #31
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I don't think so as I remember it Senna was not exactly gracious about giving Berger the win and didn't want anyone to think he had been beaten. Instead of letting Berger catch and pass him in a plausible way he simply pulled out a massive lead and then slowed to a crawl right at the very end of the last lap.
My fault how I communicated my thoughts, but exactly right, Senna was very ungracious, and Berger himself hated being gifted the win.
Schumi gifted a few wins to Barrichello, and showed no negative emotion, but I well remember at the Hungaroring, in 2002, when he was second behind Rubens, slowed to find some space and blitzed the lap record on his penultimate lap. So as to say, this is a gift.

I didn't like the way Coulthard had to give up two wins to Hakkinen either. Jerez 1997 was out of order, Dc had won in Australia and Monza through his own ability. Giving up Jerez was scandalous, then Australia 98 with a car that was so dominant was a complete disgrace, whether the fault lay with the team or Hakkinen, it wasn't DC's problem.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2676142)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medler View Post
Well if they are getting on as well as they did in GP2 I'd put my money on Senna and Chandhok.
That's a very good alternative choice! They are up against it too, down at that end of the grid.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 01:30 (Ref:2676276)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The lads at McLaren...
Old 20 Apr 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2676481)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
That's a very good alternative choice! They are up against it too, down at that end of the grid.
Now thinking if they could get a better car...
Old 20 Apr 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2676516)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
He's got to be careful though, otherwise 'Teflonso' will point the finger and say (in his own way): 'There! I told you it was him!'

Maybe Lewis is more interested in making Alonso look like the bad guy, rather than being genuinely friendly with Jenson? Not that he didn't get on too well with Heikki, but not really the same thing is it.
There is clutching at straws and then there is this.

Logoff please.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2676545)   #36
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
There is clutching at straws and then there is this.
You're probably right. Although I'm still looking forward to their first real on track encounter.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2676858)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the best current combo is Alguersari and Buemi! Rarely more than tenths apart in China, I think they are realy pushing each otehr.

Best ever was Scheckter and Villeneuve, Respect, rivalry and friendship. Gilles sat on Jody's rear wing at Monza and with one pass could ahve had a chance to be champ, but they agreed beforehand not to. This is what incensed him so much with Pironi's petulance at Imola in 82, as that was the case there too!

Andretti/Peterson was good. Mansell/Patrese good and productive as was Watson/Lauda.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2676894)   #38
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Fine examples from history there Chunder.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2676900)   #39
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am with the majority, Mac. They have the best talent and they get along really well. However, I think JB is a better person and would be better able to deal with losing to his teammate than Hamilton would. If ten races in JB is still leading LH I expect the friendliness to be not so friendly anymore.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2676914)   #40
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The novelty will have worn off for Lewis and be replaced by frustration if that heppens.

Best pair? Hamilton and Button, closely followed by Alonso and Massa. Hamilton and Alonso are probably close in terms of ability, but Button is a bit better than Massa in my view. There's more of a gap between them than between the former.

How about Rosberg and Schumacher if Michael ever gets it together?
Old 21 Apr 2010, 00:50 (Ref:2677021)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

How about Rosberg and Schumacher if Michael ever gets it together?
If, as Murray Walker used to say...........
Old 21 Apr 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2677270)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the "duo" Michael and Schumacher should get together again before anything...
Old 21 Apr 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2677306)   #43
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Rosberg/Schumacher pairig must be perfect for Rosberg.

The other guy gets all the attention allowing Rosberg to get on with racing stuff. Right now that would probably be a huge benefit to him.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2677313)   #44
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meat

I'm delighted to see Rosberg doing so well, after it was widely assumed he was mincemeat.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2677332)   #45
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
Until MS comes to grips with his car, I'd have to question he and Nico as being the best combo at this point. I think right now Lewis and Button have the edge but I don't expect it to last the season.

I thought about Mercedes before the first race, but now I see MS wont come to grip with his car.

See, I think one of MS most incredible qualities was how fast he used to familiarize with any car. When he had a problem in Ferrari they used their money and track to test, test and test till evenings, till he found an improvement.

Now you cant test and resources are limited. And he is old
Old 21 Apr 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2677440)   #46
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think the best current combo is Alguersari and Buemi! Rarely more than tenths apart in China, I think they are realy pushing each otehr.

Best ever was Scheckter and Villeneuve, Respect, rivalry and friendship. Gilles sat on Jody's rear wing at Monza and with one pass could ahve had a chance to be champ, but they agreed beforehand not to. This is what incensed him so much with Pironi's petulance at Imola in 82, as that was the case there too!

Andretti/Peterson was good. Mansell/Patrese good and productive as was Watson/Lauda.
I'd call the Senna/ Berger combo, the best, then again Berger understood his place and was realistic.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2677460)   #47
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

To get back to the past, Hamilton and Alonso was one of the best driver pairings, although I get the distinct impression people are including harmony as an important part of their assessments.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2677474)   #48
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if its just results surely Schumacher and Barrichello in 2004 made the strongest pairing...i wouldn't call them my favorite pairing but their dominance was overwhelming.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 00:58 (Ref:2677635)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if its just results surely Schumacher and Barrichello in 2004 made the strongest pairing...i wouldn't call them my favorite pairing but their dominance was overwhelming.
Somebody forgetting Senna and Prost in 1988 when they won every race bar one, when Senna was taken out at Monza by Jean-Louis Schlesser?
Old 23 Apr 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2678642)   #50
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I thought that the title of the thread was "who has" not "who had"