Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Feb 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2824953)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Motors TV showed most if not all rounds of DSC.
Old 3 Feb 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2825290)   #27
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For 2011 two Corvette C6.R GT1 cars and a C5.R GT1 are "confirmed" for the GT class
Neat. Two of my favourite race car models on track at the same time again, it's been a while. I don't care if they're restricted and handicapped to pieces anymore, I just wanna see 'em - especially if this is the only semi-decent place they're able to race this year. Hopefully there will be at least some torrents around.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2829031)   #28
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Alexander86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today another LS7 powered car was confirmed: an Aquila CR1 (so with a LS7 instead of a BMW engine).

The owner of Intrax suspensions (and the importer of Radical race cars for the Netherlands), Henk Thuis will race this semi-works entry. The aim is to develop both the Aquila and his own suspension systems, and maybe score a podium finish along the way. As 2008 Supersport I class champion Thuis, 65 years of age, has proven he is an able, sometimes slightly aggressive driver.

The number of GT class entries is getting close to 20 now, a clear sign the Dutch Supercar Challenge is still growing, even in these economic conditions.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2829120)   #29
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the aquila is a great looking car, hope its reliability is improved.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2829214)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Someone having a list with confirmed entries?
Old 10 Feb 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2829353)   #31
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Someone having a list with confirmed entries?
I'll have a shot at the GT class (the class I'm working in as a mechanic).
They aren't all actually confirmed with a press release and what not, but some entries are pretty certain anyway. I'll mark the ones that are actually confirmed with a *. And not everyone will race all weekends.

Cor Euser - Probably a Marcos
Team ETEC - Maybe the yellow Viper, maybe a new car
* Dave Basu - Corvette C6.R GT1 (although maybe not on the first weekend)
Danny Werkman - V8STAR M3 silhouette
* Rick Abresch - Corvette C6.R GT1 (although maybe not on the first weekend)
Peter Versluis - Ferrari F458 GT2
Dick Kvetnansky - K1 Roadster
Roger Grouwels - Corvette C5.R GT1
Kevin Riley - Mosler Super GT spec (if he finds a second driver with budget)
Alex van 't Hoff - Mosler MT900R
Berry van Elk - Mosler MT900R
Martin Short - Mosler of some spec.
* Henk Thuis - Aquila CR1 LS7
Pieter Dubois & budget - Mosler MT900R

Besides these names I would expect Rene Snel and his Porsche 996 biturbo and Jack Rozendaal with a 997 GT3 RS. Versluis is looking to rent out his two "old" Ferrari's, one of them will be driven by his brother if all goes to plan.

I know some other names that are very certain as well, but they want to announce it officially, so I can't tell you yet.

Maybe I missed some, maybe I said too much. We'll see in April.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2829362)   #32
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was told last weekend that we should see two F430 GT2's as well again...perhaps not all rounds.
Old 10 Feb 2011, 23:30 (Ref:2829399)   #33
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
the aquila is a great looking car, hope its reliability is improved.
Agreed! Its tremendous to watch but both times I saw the britacr entry last year (24hr and 'into the night' races) It failed to finish due to pretty serious failings, so much speed and potential if they can sort out the many issues!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 16:45 (Ref:2829727)   #34
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Was told last weekend that we should see two F430 GT2's as well again...perhaps not all rounds.
Yeah, the "old" Versluis/VeKa Racing Ferraris.

One of them will be raced by Jan Versluis, brother of last years GT class nr. 3 Peter. They are looking to rent out the other one.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2829793)   #35
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly what I was told ;-)
Old 11 Feb 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2829884)   #36
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander86 View Post
Today another LS7 powered car was confirmed: an Aquila CR1 (so with a LS7 instead of a BMW engine).

The owner of Intrax suspensions (and the importer of Radical race cars for the Netherlands), Henk Thuis will race this semi-works entry. The aim is to develop both the Aquila and his own suspension systems, and maybe score a podium finish along the way. As 2008 Supersport I class champion Thuis, 65 years of age, has proven he is an able, sometimes slightly aggressive driver.

The number of GT class entries is getting close to 20 now, a clear sign the Dutch Supercar Challenge is still growing, even in these economic conditions.
That's awesome news, I love that car.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2840090)   #37
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Can't wait for Hockenheim - this might just be the most spectacular GT-series in Europe this year. Really reminds me of Belcar when it was at its best or also British GT in the late 90s with plenty of one/off GT1-cars that were really close to being prototypes. And the new Über-Mosler and the Acquila are now pretty much playing that role in DSC!
Old 4 Mar 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2840120)   #38
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get flux back in the car with kevin riley!

short for the championship.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2840371)   #39
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick question - are the Spykers not eligible for the DSC?
Old 4 Mar 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2840387)   #40
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Just a quick question - are the Spykers not eligible for the DSC?
Everything is elegible for DSC... competitiveness might be another question, though.... in GT they'd have to face the GT1 Vettes, 7l-Moslers and the Acquila, whereas they'd have to be ballasted quite heavily to meet the power/weight-ration of the Supersport I class which is so far dominated by Cup-Porsches. I think older GT2 cars are really between a rock and a hard place in DSC...
Old 23 Mar 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2851789)   #41
Speed-King
Veteran

The entrylist for Hockenheim is now available: 38 cars, however, no C5-R and no Maserati

Edit: Looks like I need new glasses, C5-R is indeed on there.

Last edited by Speed-King; 23 Mar 2011 at 12:09.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2852610)   #42
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The entrylist for Hockenheim is now available: 38 cars, however, no C5-R and no Maserati

Edit: Looks like I need new glasses, C5-R is indeed on there.
I don't think we'll see a Maserati in the DSC any time soon. The MC12 GT1 was bloody quick last year, already carrying a lot of penalty lead around. And they ain't cheap to run I heard.

Aside from not having a MC12 around, the entry list looks awesome. 20 GTs, 18 SSI cars. I'm looking forward to it already!
Old 28 Mar 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2855017)   #43
Alexander86
Rookie

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Very sad news:

Last Friday DSC racer Eugène Janssen passed away after a long but brave fight against cancer. Although he had been ill for some years now and the news did not come as a surprise, a deep sadness is felt by all who got to know him.

He ended his racing career on a high, winning his final race in October last year.

Eugène Janssen
October 11th 1954 - March 25th 2011
Old 28 Mar 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2855019)   #44
Speed-King
Veteran

Rest in peace.

I've never met him, but just from what you're writing it sounds like he was a real racer.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2855022)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
RIP
Old 18 May 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2882324)   #46
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You know it's all equalized, ballasted, raped, turn around and stuff, but it's still a bit funny to watch these races... GT1 vette horribly struggling to keep on pace of the GT3 Mosler. Here's how the season has gone for the ex-Phoenixs & lone Rudolph C5-R so far:

Hockenheim
Q: 2nd Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, 5th Zero R Corvette C6.R
R1 (GT/SS1): 1st Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, 3rd Zero R Corvette C6.R
R2 (GT/SS1): 2nd Zero R Corvette C6.R, DNS Mad Daring Corvette C6.R

Donington Park
Q: 3rd Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, 8th Rudolph Corvette C5-R, 11th Zero R Corvette C6.R

R1 (GT/SS1): 4th Rudolph Racing Corvette C5-R, 5th Zero R Corvette C6.R, 15th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R
R2 (GT/SS1): 3rd Rudolph Racing Corvette C5-R, 10th Zero R Corvette C6.R, 23th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R

(overall positions)

Old 22 Jul 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2929830)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Some updated results for the vettes... C5-R still going well

Assen
Q 2nd Zero R Corvette C6.R, 4th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, 7th Rudolph Corvette C5-R
R1 1st Zero R Corvette C6.R, 2nd Rudolph Corvette C5-R, 6th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R
R2 2nd Rudolph Corvette C5-R, 10th Zero R Corvette C6.R, 22th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R

Spa-Francorchamps
Q 4th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, 6th Zero R Corvette C6.R, 9th Rudolph Corvette C5-R
R1 5th Rudolph Corvette C5-R, 59th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, DNF Zero R Corvette C6.R
R2 3th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, 5th Rudolph Corvette C5-R, DNS Zero R Corvette C6.R

Zolder
Q 3rd Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, 5th Rudolph Corvette C5-R, DNQ Zero R Corvette C6.R
R1 3rd Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, 4th Rudolph Corvette C5-R, DNS Zero R Corvette C6.R
R2 4th Rudolph Corvette C5-R, 8th Mad Daring Corvette C6.R, DNS Zero R Corvette C6.R

(GT/SS1 etc classes combined)
Old 7 Aug 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2936880)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands

This girl:

source: www.autosport.nl

Beitske Visser is her name

Only 16 year old

First car race ever

Racing in top class of DSC

Racing 500 bhp Praha RS4 against Corvette GT1's, Ferrari's, Viper, Marcos LM600 and more

Got a drive through penalty

Result:

source: www.autosport.nl

http://www.autosport.nl/news/23253/d...ij_debuut.html

Old 7 Aug 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2936920)   #49
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
And a DNF in race 2.

Even though she did really well, and set the fastest lap in race 2 before retiring, it must be said that the competition wasn't that strong this weekend
Old 7 Aug 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2936983)   #50
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And she won by 13 seconds. Only name I recognize on the result sheet is Cor Euser.

http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/user...0and%20SS1.pdf