Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2001, 09:37 (Ref:132954)   #26
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by downforce
Hakkinen in Silverstone'01 and Spain'01 was no man eclipsed by DC....methinks Hugo has played a major role
Methinks McLaren has caused Mika to be completely screwed out of this years championship race. I'm sure the kid has played some part, but Mika has still shown the speed that won him 2 WDC.

As for DC, he'll be back to his normal self for the last four races and next year.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 11:38 (Ref:132983)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think DC has done his best. The reality is that this is not good enough to beat TGF.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 14:02 (Ref:133049)   #28
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eclipsed.

Out of 13 races, DC has outqualified Mika 8 times and has two poles to NONE for the former Polemeister.

Dc also has 51 points to 21 for Mika after 13 races.

For WHATEVER reason-a car that doesn't suit his style-lack of motivation-distractions of a Family-Mika has been eclipsed by a driver he formerly dominated.

downforce, your comments also seem to ignore the fact that DC has suffered as much from a truculent McLaren as has Hakkinen.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 23:36 (Ref:133413)   #29
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
I think DC has done his best. The reality is that this is not good enough to beat TGF.

i think his lack of luck pulled him down too, specially this season. they defintely have a powerful car, but not so reliable and their launch control is a mess. i hope the macs will get it right next season.

cheers!
Old 21 Aug 2001, 01:45 (Ref:133452)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by f1grandprixshop

i think his lack of luck pulled him down too, specially this season. they defintely have a powerful car, but not so reliable and their launch control is a mess. i hope the macs will get it right next season.

cheers!
And luck counts to the star !!! How much is TGF lucky ? 4th WDC !
Old 21 Aug 2001, 01:59 (Ref:133459)   #31
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

Quote:

4 titles is a different story, you can't be that lucky it must be the hair this season isn't just for DC, maybe next year. I hope Mika will be up there with MS in title battle...
Old 21 Aug 2001, 02:07 (Ref:133462)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Luck my tail end...Michael won the WDC,because at the present moment he is rarely beatable..

Last edited by JeremySmith; 21 Aug 2001 at 02:08.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 04:03 (Ref:133501)   #33
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Martin Brundle said, luck goes both ways, i mean the guy could have 7 WDC's (97/98/99) instead of 4. Imagine how you'd feel then.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 04:38 (Ref:133510)   #34
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
downforce, your comments also seem to ignore the fact that DC has suffered as much from a truculent McLaren as has Hakkinen.
...agreed!

but i jus cant take the 'eclipsed' bit seriously.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 05:41 (Ref:133520)   #35
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still can't believe that no one else likes to cut off other people with their shopping carts!!!

Frankly few things in the world compare to the thrill of power sliding your shopping cart around a 90 degree hairpin into the produce section... especially if you take out a few innocent bystanders in the process!!
Old 21 Aug 2001, 07:27 (Ref:133564)   #36
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by drexel
As Martin Brundle said, luck goes both ways, i mean the guy could have 7 WDC's (97/98/99) instead of 4. Imagine how you'd feel then.
Drexel, my good man, my lack of sleep tonite will be down to you! What a horrible thought
Old 21 Aug 2001, 16:27 (Ref:133743)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I guess I was misunderstood. When I said TGF was lucky winning 4 WDC, I didn't mean saying that luck is all he had !

To win, you need lucky too, eventually anything can happen in a race, so you think about 17 races ! If Mika's car didn't break in Spain, TGF wouldn't win that race, what it was ? Luck ! I could go on forever, but I know you understand... lucky plus skill plus reliability plus consistency plus strategy plus... makes a champion.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 02:28 (Ref:134625)   #38
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

Quote:
I guess I was misunderstood. When I said TGF was lucky winning 4 WDC, I didn't mean saying that luck is all he had !

To win, you need lucky too, eventually anything can happen in a race, so you think about 17 races ! If Mika's car didn't break in Spain, TGF wouldn't win that race, what it was ? Luck ! I could go on forever, but I know you understand... lucky plus skill plus reliability plus consistency plus strategy plus... makes a champion.

Gets! btw, who are you cheering for?
Old 28 Aug 2001, 15:08 (Ref:137080)   #39
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC receives a lot of criticism for not being as good as TGF and never really being in contention for the WC during the entire course of a season despite driving the best car for virtually his entire career.

In a way this critisism is justifiable. He's got the best car so why can't he challenge for the WDC. Is it lack of motivation, confidence, commitement, skill?, who knows.

I do support DC but I do not have any high expectations where his WC chances are concerned. And this year as far as I'm concerned he lost his WC hopes after Monaco when his LC problems sent him to the back of the grid. It seemed to affect him phsychologically and he has never really been on any sort of pace, since then, to challenge TGF.