Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 Oct 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3158671)   #26
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
The number 63D Mini Cooper driven by Lee Alan put on one of the most awesome displays of wet weather racing I've ever seen.
Agreed. I had to blue a fast Caterham when he caught him fast on the exit of Beckets. I actually saw the Caterham do a double-take when he realised what was coming through.

I have no idea why I've had such a good time. On my own for 6 hours on the upstairs of post 24 staring into an arctic gail and then being pebble dashed by big hailstones. Not the slightest idea who did well and who didn't. The whole meeting is gloriously bonkers and such a refreshing end of season. Loved it. Very tired now, though.

And congratulations to the competitors for their inclusiveness. Every section of Becketts received at least two spinners during the day. I think it got a bit challenging after the downpour.

Will I be back next year? You bet.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3158915)   #27
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian & I popped in for a couple of hours to watch the Jags & say hello to a few people, but we were pushed for time. I have the greatest admiration for you peeps on post - you must have been freezing! Hope you've all thawed out by now! Don't think I could flag on my own for 6 hours!!!! Apart from that, hope you all had a good time.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3158950)   #28
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
My first go at the Birkett, MG ZS180 #61C in the CSCC team which was thrown together at the eleventh hour, so the perfect time to say thanks to all the marshals - we had an absolute blast. All cars still in one piece and we've caught the bug. A bonkers event indeed, but some really good close racing and always someone to race with. At one point there was me, the white XJS, a Saxo and a Locost all circulating within half a second of each other and all quicker in different places. I'd heard some horror stories about driving standards but personally thought they were excellent, made possible by the flaggies of course. Thanks all!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3159014)   #29
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was my first Birkett in 4 years of marshalling & I'm wondering why I took so long! Had a great team at Village, with every incident handled swiftly & safely. Was a tad cold though, to say the least! We kept watching the showers pass to the east of the circuit and wondered when we would catch one-didn't expect the hail though!
I thought the driving standards were excellent. There was virtually no contact, that we saw. With up to 68 cars on track that was brilliant. Every driver we had to deal with was helpful and thanked us afterwards & virtually every driver waved on the slow down lap.
The cap was a nice touch too and I even met Tenths very own Flying Muppet! See you next year (work permitting).
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:09 (Ref:3159023)   #30
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of the 750MC priviledged, I got one of the first copies of the finals by email. That was just before Silverstone declined the usual request to start at 8.30, so I guess I was the only one who had the "old" timetable. So it was that all the paperwork i produced and all instructions I gave put marshals on post at 8.15 and they then waited in the cold for 1 hour before anything happened. I eventually found out about the change at 2.00pm by which time I was pretty deopressed and a bit confused. Sorry if you got cold. (message to self - in future check every day to see if someones changed the finals {hmm - word "finals" seems wrong if you can change them})
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3159024)   #31
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day at vale out - very quiet but was good to stand back and watch. Some lovely cars and such a mix.

Anyone founds results anywhere??
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3159038)   #32
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate93 View Post
Great day at vale out - very quiet but was good to stand back and watch. Some lovely cars and such a mix.

Anyone founds results anywhere??
Results:

http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/upload...ur%20Relay.pdf
Old 28 Oct 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3159069)   #33
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Well what a strange old meeting that was. It was good to see so many familiar faces from the past at 'sign on' but up until the hailstorm I was thinking hmm, cold, windy not very exciting etc etc, and then I saw a piece of driving that made me go Wow, Wow, Wow.
The number 63D Mini Cooper driven by Lee Alan put on one of the most awesome displays of wet weather racing I've ever seen.
From my position in the box at Maggotts I could see him exiting Copse all the way through to Beckets and lap after lap after lap, he carved his way past the other compeitors like they just weren't there, ok so he may have had 4wheel drive but the way he picked his way through was just brilliant.
On the hour drive home I was trying to think of the last time I had seen such a display of car control in the wet and the only likeness I could come up with was Hans Stuck (the rainmeister himself) during the night stint at Le Mans in 1988 when he was taking 30 seconds a lap out of the Jaguars. Praise indeed. Well done Lee.
Ah so it was you over in the maggots box, we thought it was! I have to agree with you with regards to Lee Allen, his driving all day was phenomenal. You could say aggressive and risky, but he made the decisions to make the moves and stuck to them meaning that he stayed in control.

Well done to the Dirty Half Dozen who won the handicap race, with many if not all of them being BARC SEC members and who have raced in our TinTop series I was very proud!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3159111)   #34
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Is this the chap in question?

Bob.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3159150)   #35
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding View Post
As one of the 750MC priviledged, I got one of the first copies of the finals by email. That was just before Silverstone declined the usual request to start at 8.30, so I guess I was the only one who had the "old" timetable. So it was that all the paperwork i produced and all instructions I gave put marshals on post at 8.15 and they then waited in the cold for 1 hour before anything happened. I eventually found out about the change at 2.00pm by which time I was pretty deopressed and a bit confused. Sorry if you got cold. (message to self - in future check every day to see if someones changed the finals {hmm - word "finals" seems wrong if you can change them})
No worries, I just went back to sleep in the car, waking up with a start at 8:20 so I was glad of a few minutes longer!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3159165)   #36
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Is this the chap in question?

Bob.
I'm guessing yes - he was making some blinding moves in to Village!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3159176)   #37
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes thats the one Bob!
Old 29 Oct 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3159373)   #38
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, an absolute star
Old 29 Oct 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3159386)   #39
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
That was my first Birkett in 4 years of marshalling & I'm wondering why I took so long! Had a great team at Village, with every incident handled swiftly & safely. Was a tad cold though, to say the least! We kept watching the showers pass to the east of the circuit and wondered when we would catch one-didn't expect the hail though!
I thought the driving standards were excellent. There was virtually no contact, that we saw. With up to 68 cars on track that was brilliant. Every driver we had to deal with was helpful and thanked us afterwards & virtually every driver waved on the slow down lap.
The cap was a nice touch too and I even met Tenths very own Flying Muppet! See you next year (work permitting).
Thanks to the 'Village People' for some cracking incident handling and flagging - great teamwork as ever!

We too were stunned by the speed of Lee Allen's Mini coming through Farm - he was embarrassing some much quicker machinery, even when forced to use the wet line!

The Birkett is one of those meetings I keep coming back to - it's just a great spectacle and experience, and the 6 hours go in no time!
Old 29 Oct 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3159389)   #40
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting reading all about our mini friend in 63d. From my viewpoint, (and personal judgement) he was one of the worse, if not the worse, offender for 4wo at Club...

Interesting.....great drive though.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3159391)   #41
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Birkett is one of those meetings I keep coming back to - it's just a great spectacle and experience, and the 6 hours go in no time![/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, see you next year
Old 29 Oct 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3159562)   #42
Millie
Rookie

Millie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time we've been to the Birkett, had a great day Lots of photos here

Silverstone Birkett 6 hour 28 by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Silverstone Birkett 6 hour 107 by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Silverstone Birkett 6 hour 70 by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Silverstone Birkett 6 hour 73 by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Silverstone Birkett 6 hour 117 by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr

Silverstone Birkett 6 hour 16 by Team Tuckley Racing, on Flickr
Old 1 Nov 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3161067)   #43
SuperDuff
Racer

United Kingdom
Devon
SuperDuff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really enjoyed this meeting. Despite the weather and temperature, I think that was probably one of my favourite meetings of the year. Pending any last minute wedding issues, we'll definitely be back next year!
Old 2 Nov 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3161467)   #44
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you have looked at my Marshal's album at www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/rrbmapics
then you probably noticed the 'action' shots as well. All the pics can be downloaded free of charge as HR images, so if your team is represented - feel free and enjoy.

All part of the service.

See you on Sunday at Wally Hayes?
Old 2 Nov 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3161469)   #45
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
Interesting reading all about our mini friend in 63d. From my viewpoint, (and personal judgement) he was one of the worse, if not the worse, offender for 4wo at Club...

Interesting.....great drive though.
My pictures show a number of similar transgressions, is any action taken at events like the Birkett where fun is the main theme?

Whose responsibility is it to report and punish offenders.

Last edited by bauble; 2 Nov 2012 at 08:41. Reason: Add word to make sense.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3161495)   #46
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
My pictures show a number of similar transgressions (4WO), is any action taken at events like the Birkett where fun is the main theme?

Whose responsibility is it to report and punish offenders.
It is the Post Chief (Observer) who normally reports such trangressions. Sometimes though it is difficult to see from the PC position however. After it is reported it is up to the Clerk of the Course to follow up and speak to the driver/team and issue any penalties.

Yes it is taken seriously even in a "fun" meeting like this. Last year I had the dubious record of being the first team manager to get called to the CoC (within 10 mins of the start) for exactly this issue at exactly this corner. I was sensible enough to take the driver with me thus avoiding getting the sharp end myself LOL. The CoC, quite rightly, gave my driver a complete roasting, mainly because of the dangers of going wide here and then getting pinged into the new pit wall.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3161509)   #47
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
If you have looked at my Marshal's album at www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/rrbmapics
then you probably noticed the 'action' shots as well. All the pics can be downloaded free of charge as HR images, so if your team is represented - feel free and enjoy.

All part of the service.

See you on Sunday at Wally Hayes?
...link giving me : 404 - not found
Old 2 Nov 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3161511)   #48
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
...link giving me : 404 - not found
That's because there's an extra "r". Arrrr.

http://www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapics should work, as Bob has posted goodness knows how many times
Old 2 Nov 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3161556)   #49
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That's because there's an extra "r". Arrrr.

http://www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapics should work, as Bob has posted goodness knows how many times
GRRRRRRRR.

Thank's for that, my mistake. Even I am not perfect just pretty close.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3161626)   #50
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
arrrrrrrr..

thought it was Pirates day again...