Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 May 2013, 17:00 (Ref:3253522)   #26
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ugh, the last two posts read 'Stephen Green's tackle - nude'. And I thought this was a family friendly forum.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3303951)   #27
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
Yes they ARE real - I've ordered some - just follow the link!

I'm planning to turn mine into a keyring which will go on the lanyard with my whistle!
I've just received mine. So glad I got them painted - worth the extra dosh - I think they're fantastic. I am hoping to give one to "Mr Bugarov" himself (Jeff is of the opinion we think he's Russian because we always say "Oy, you, Bugger Off"!).

Now, where do I put the hole so I can make them into a keyring??
Old 15 Sep 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3304205)   #28
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I did ask him recently if he had his own. He didn't say no...
Old 15 Sep 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3304273)   #29
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My deepest and darkest secret

I went to school with Jeff Bloxham. We played together in the St. Dunstan's College 3rd XV. I was at tighthead prop; he played full back. Far be it for me to suggest that as a full back, he was renowned for his mighty tackle.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3304323)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Is Jeff being paid royalties for TV appearances ? as I must have seen him on the box about a couple of dozen times over the weekend
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Sep 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3304328)   #31
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why has nobody suggested where to put the hole?
Old 15 Sep 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3304441)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
I was at tighthead prop; he played full back.
So you didn't know him well, then...
Old 16 Sep 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3304605)   #33
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have quite a large collection of 'mint' scale model cars. Why should I risk all of them forming a large interlocked pile in the middle of my lounge floor if I buy a model of this person ?

PS None of the models have a hole in the centre, are Extra Strong or are my brother's name spelt backwards !!
Old 16 Sep 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3304874)   #34
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hats off to GPM for this great idea - since I started marshaling, 20-something years ago at Brands, I can hardly remember seeing Jeff standing still. This item must commemorate a special moment when he was caught between walking/running/shooting/wherever he was going next... will have to get one!

As to the proposals for marshal figures, I've got my own ideas but will wait while the silly suggestions get even sillier - will watch this space...
Old 18 Sep 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3305604)   #35
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Now, where do I put the hole so I can make them into a keyring??
Given the type of metal I'd be loath to try and make it into a keyring just by putting a hole in (plus there's no "obvious" location). I would suggest seeing if you can find someone that can cold-cast it (him?) in clear resin. That's what we're looking into doing.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3305636)   #36
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Given the type of metal I'd be loath to try and make it into a keyring just by putting a hole in (plus there's no "obvious" location). I would suggest seeing if you can find someone that can cold-cast it (him?) in clear resin. That's what we're looking into doing.
I am actually having mine mounted on to a nice piece of wood and a small brass plaque engraved saying 'Bugger off Bloxham' which I shall then display on the post whenever he is around, probably Cadwell 750MC in October......

Bladders...
Old 18 Sep 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3305640)   #37
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
I shall give some thought as to what to do.

So long as I get to give Jeff the extra one I bought, I'll be happy. The other may have to live as a "good" luck charm in the pocket.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3305736)   #38
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
But the question is, will carrying your own Bloxham have the same effect as being joined by him on post? A kind of rabbit's foot in reverse!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3305847)   #39
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Ah, Woolley, that is the question.

I am willing to hire out my "Bloxham" to anyone who thinks they may be facing a quiet day on post (joke).
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3306132)   #40
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found GP Models also have model figure of flag marshals, with adjustable arms. Not sure the physique is quite right for most of us,though!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3306291)   #41
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
Just found GP Models also have model figure of flag marshals, with adjustable arms. Not sure the physique is quite right for most of us,though!
Paul, you have to post the link. If only so we can admire the "figures".
Old 19 Sep 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3306324)   #42
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if this will work but here goes:

http://www.grandprixmodels.com/searc...positions-mode

If not, use the link at the start of this thread and search for "marshal".
Old 19 Sep 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3306364)   #43
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Gosh, complete with the old Donington badge on his back.

Doesn't look as if you can place him in the traditional 'sitting down between sessions eating a pie and offering helpful advice to the people recovering the car from the gravel' position.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 07:13 (Ref:3306465)   #44
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Trying to work out who the guy in yellow resembles. Maybe I shouldn't. At least it's not me!!!!!

(PS: Why do they always spell Marshal with 2 LLs?)
Old 20 Sep 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3306476)   #45
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
(PS: Why do they always spell Marshal with 2 LLs?)
Homage to Gerry Marshall perhaps ? Now a figure of Gerry would be worth buying, you'd get value for your money .

Steve
(showing his age....again)
Old 20 Sep 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3306481)   #46
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I rarely come in here but having read the whole thread, don't think I've laughed so much for ages. Many thanks, all. To save you saying what you say to dear old Jeff, I'll now 'Bugarov' back to me historics, mates!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3306497)   #47
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
You're right Paul, there's not enough metal or resin, whatever's used, in the waist area to accurately represent us males !!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3306572)   #48
snailpace85
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
snailpace85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I rarely come in here but having read the whole thread, don't think I've laughed so much for ages. Many thanks, all. To save you saying what you say to dear old Jeff, I'll now 'Bugarov' back to me historics, mates!
Thanks everyone - I really haven't laughed so much in ages!!!!! Scott
Old 20 Sep 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3306588)   #49
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthportFC Fan View Post
You're right Paul, there's not enough metal or resin, whatever's used, in the waist area to accurately represent us males !!
I'd have thought you could just add a piece of plasticine. Correct texture and you can add or remove material easily as necessary.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3306597)   #50
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
But what if the additional material no longer lets the item stay upright ?

Is this also true in real life ?