Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jun 2002, 23:36 (Ref:320037)   #26
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
One interesting thing about the race was that from the start, a lot of the percieved no 2s in the teams found themselves ahead- Rubens, Ralf, Massa, McNish and PDLR, and msot of them did a good job.
I'm not sure Williams have team orders, and if they do, salary, car number, race wins and last years finishing positions would probably make Ralf lead driver. However on this forum, things may be reversed.

Drive of the day, well Ralf for the 1st 400m. I thought it ironic that Montoya gave Ralf the 'Schumacher chop' and then Ralf did a "Montoya" by driving around him. From that point on it was a poor performance overall by the Williams duo.

Barrichello was excellent and really deserved this win, even if it was due a couple of races ago.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 23:45 (Ref:320038)   #27
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I do wish that Juan wouldn't "chop" he doesn't need to and after doing the chop, put himself on the dirty side of the track! if he had have gone "straight" he would have been better off for the first lap, but it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the race!
Old 24 Jun 2002, 00:39 (Ref:320057)   #28
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote is for Button. Everything right and nothing wrong, and beat his team mate comfortably. Kimi made a couple of mistakes, Rubens had it handed to him, McNish ran creditably but let a couple through without much of a fight. Nicky disapointed me and HHF was a maniac.

So... yeah, Jenson has to be my drive of the day. Two Thumbs Up!
Old 24 Jun 2002, 04:44 (Ref:320121)   #29
jpmontoya_fan
Rookie

jpmontoya_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me: Heinz-Harald. He did a lot of overtakes but he had some problems with his pit-stop and also had a spin at the first corner.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 08:27 (Ref:320199)   #30
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa (and it hurts to say it) was driver of the day. He held off Nick for the entire race but it was a mature and clean race from both the youngsters, and he got a point as a reward.

I want to know why no-one really doesn't consider Rubens drive as rather good? IMO it was a fantastic drive, led from start to finish, made good use of the traffic, pitstops were perfect and he resisted pressure from the Schu. Couldn't have been better.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 17:17 (Ref:320539)   #31
ReidoRulesEvoII
Rookie

ReidoRulesEvoII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
Okay lets give the easter bunny the seat. Since everyone wants to "give" a Williams seat away - I'd give Montoya's seat to the easter bunny or better yet - I hear Santa could fit nicely into Car Number 6. Bring it on.
I think it's fair to say that Ralf is soft when it comes to the pass, and Montoya is struggling to hold the road in Race and in testing. So to put 2 aggressive but controlled drivers with proven knowledge and success would be the right thing to do, so I stand by my comments of a JV, DC/OP Williams team.