Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:04 (Ref:391651)   #26
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Ralf botched it. It was exactly the same as Monty's screw up at the Nurburgring.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:42 (Ref:391692)   #27
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ralf did botch it, but JPM wasn't leaving him a lot of room, its a long race and I think Montoya was a tad overeager. Strike one for teamwork.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:49 (Ref:391698)   #28
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya was putting the squeeze on Ralf.Montoya was on the outside.He was trying to go the long way around when he could have waited another lap and gone past on the inside.Ralf was covering the line and braking late.It was a squeeze that went right for Montoya because Ralf went over the curbs and lost the back end.I thought they both deserved to be out of the race but I am sure we'll see plenty more of that from both those clowns and their team next season.Its a 6th title for Schummy coming up.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:53 (Ref:391700)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schumacher
He was trying to go the long way around when he could have waited another lap and gone past on the inside.Ralf was covering the line and braking late.
So what would have happened on the next lap when Rafe went to the inside to cover the line? JPM was all over Rafe on the first lap and knew he had to get past to have a go at DC.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:59 (Ref:391706)   #30
Schumacher
Racer

1 lap does not win a race.But it does lose you one.Despite the effect of the slip stream Montoya barely got alongside Ralf by Turn 1.Still he elected to continue to go hard round the outside.Who knows.If he had backed off a bit,he would have had a great shot to take the racing line and have a go at getting past Ralf in the infield itself since Ralf was already committed to the inside which would have put him out of shape even if he made the corner.Montoya made a desperate scramble past him which is exactly the same thing that Ralf did to Montoya 2 weeks ago at Monza.Like I said before these two clowns are great team mates.They sure know how to work as a unit.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 02:02 (Ref:391707)   #31
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schumacher
Despite the effect of the slip stream Montoya barely got alongside Ralf by Turn 1.Still he elected to continue to go hard round the outside.
Rafe spun and hit the back of JPM, which means that JPM had got in front
Old 30 Sep 2002, 02:06 (Ref:391712)   #32
Schumacher
Racer

The reason he hit the back was because he spun for goodness sake.If he hadnt then he would have still been in front of Montoya.JESUS!
Old 30 Sep 2002, 02:56 (Ref:391732)   #33
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the replay, what I did notice, even though I only saw it once, was that Monty was leaving a lot of room for Ralf at the last second. He may have also seen him losing it as Monty definately went immediately wide as soon as Ralf started doing the spin thing.

"Schumacher"-your last comment doesn't make sense, while they both maybe outbraked themselves, Ralf was spinning behind Montoya, while Montoya didn't appear to me losing it-whether he would have made the corner properly I can't say, but at least he had the car more or less settled. I suspect that Ralf thought that Monty was going to pinch him and overdid his braking to the point of losing it.

The best part of it all was the Williams guy throwing his hands up in the air in disgust--a carbon copy of an earlier race I believe--they could make a good sequence of clips like this from the last year or two. It would make a good Beemer ad.