Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2003, 10:07 (Ref:683560)   #26
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
1985. I was there. Tell me about the vid SS.
That looked a big crowd at Brands that year Peter .....I love the bit where Mansell lapped Rosberg and used Rosberg as a buffer between him and Senna ....

a mighty race for Mansell on his home turf ....Think i will have to watch the Brands Hatch GP race from 1986 tonight where Mansell beats Piquet in Piquets spare car !....

oh , im loving watching all these Classic Mansell races.....bring it on ! .the thing is though , there are so many classic Mansell races !.

I wish Nige was still racing now .

Last edited by Sato san; 9 Aug 2003 at 10:09.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 11:21 (Ref:683610)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Think i will have to watch the Brands Hatch GP race from 1986 tonight where Mansell beats Piquet in Piquets spare car !....
With no drinks bottle.

I was there too.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 12:02 (Ref:683628)   #28
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i bet you were at Silverstone in 87 too ?........think i may watch that one Sunday night !...
Loved it when he sold Piquet that dummy along the hanger straight into Stowe !

Old 9 Aug 2003, 12:05 (Ref:683629)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep. All of them from 77 to '93. A few before 77 too.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 10:28 (Ref:684146)   #30
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, happy belated birthday to Nige. I have been watching motor racing since a child (in the 50's) but it was Nige who rekindled my interest in F1
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 10 Aug 2003, 20:50 (Ref:684498)   #31
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50, still plenty of time for a comeback, Le Mans, to equal Grayham Hill by winning F1 WDC, Indy 500 and Le Mans, only the latter to go Nigel.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 22:40 (Ref:684576)   #32
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nige never won the Indy 500 unfortuneatly.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 03:22 (Ref:684671)   #33
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Nige never won the Indy 500 unfortuneatly.
only because of that silly woman Lynn St James !....there was Nigel leading the Indy 500 in 1993 with 30 or so laps to go ........Lynn St James broke her engine i think , out came the yellows and Rookie Nige got jumped at the restart ....1993 was one of the best 500's ive seen...I was absolutley gutted for Nige that he only got a 3rd place after he dominated the race like he did.....( i think i now know what Nigel race im gonna watch next ) , now where is that video tape .....Cheers Damon !

Last edited by Sato san; 11 Aug 2003 at 03:28.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 06:56 (Ref:684715)   #34
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
You have that one too?! Dang it, that list is growing again!
Old 11 Aug 2003, 07:29 (Ref:684724)   #35
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got an official tape from Duke I think called Nigel Mansell Grand Prix Victories which covers all his F1 victories from first to last with narration and interview by Murray (who else) and Nigel's comments on selected race wins before the highlights segments. A good tape and very nostalgic. One of my favourites.

God, we STILL talk about them good old days.

Last edited by Mattracer; 11 Aug 2003 at 07:31.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 11 Aug 2003, 17:21 (Ref:685225)   #36
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Yep, I've got that one too. I've also got "Mansell and Ferrari", "The Nigel Mansell Story", "Mansell and Williams 1991" and "Mansell and Newman Haas 1993".
Old 11 Aug 2003, 20:37 (Ref:685499)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
only because of that silly woman Lynn St James !....there was Nigel leading the Indy 500 in 1993 with 30 or so laps to go ........Lynn St James broke her engine i think , out came the yellows and Rookie Nige got jumped at the restart ....1993 was one of the best 500's ive seen...I was absolutley gutted for Nige that he only got a 3rd place after he dominated the race like he did.....( i think i now know what Nigel race im gonna watch next ) , now where is that video tape .....Cheers Damon !

He would have got the lead back I reckon, but he backed off after scraping the wall. A wise decision, considering he already had a huge cavity in his back from the Phoenix crash!!
Old 12 Aug 2003, 08:16 (Ref:685869)   #38
Mattracer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Yep, I've got that one too. I've also got "Mansell and Ferrari", "The Nigel Mansell Story", "Mansell and Williams 1991" and "Mansell and Newman Haas 1993".
Yep, I've got "Mansell and Ferrari" too but not the others I've got quite a few books too about his Indycar years and a biography. One is called "Mansell and Williams- the challenge for the Championship" and is a great read with plenty of nice pics.
Old 12 Aug 2003, 17:31 (Ref:686422)   #39
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Yep, got that one too. Christmas and Birthdays for me back then were pretty much a Mansell fest!
Old 12 Aug 2003, 22:48 (Ref:686718)   #40
Mattracer
Veteran

Love the overtake on Berger at Mexico with the dramatic narration on "Mansell and Ferrari". For a while there, I was getting Mansell and Senna stuff left, right and centre. You know, I still watch those tapes and they are still enjoyable. I must have watched them hundreds and hundreds of times.

Last edited by Mattracer; 12 Aug 2003 at 22:49.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 17 Aug 2003, 09:40 (Ref:690209)   #41
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
yer , me 2 !....has anyone got the MANSELL AND WILLIAMS video of 1994 ?....it shows his comeback F1 test at Brands and all the behind the scenes action from the last 3 rounds of the year....that is the best Mansell video i think....ive got the other ones too ,
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:33 (Ref:690244)   #42
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What springs to mind is his qualifyinglap at Silverstone in 1992. I know he had the best car and all, but even baring that in mind, that lap was just plain awesome. 1.18.965 it was, the only laptime I remember by heart. Almost two seconds clear if his teammate. Great stuff...
Old 17 Aug 2003, 13:55 (Ref:690340)   #43
Avid Merrion
Racer

Avid Merrion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 seconds clear is a lifetime in F1 . Nigel was just in a class of his own that year .
Old 19 Aug 2003, 12:17 (Ref:692131)   #44
perminder
Racer

United Kingdom
in my house
perminder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
:BEER:
Old 19 Aug 2003, 12:26 (Ref:692142)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by perminder
:BEER:
You meant
Old 19 Aug 2003, 12:29 (Ref:692146)   #46
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
This thread again? How many birthdays did this guy have?
Old 19 Aug 2003, 12:31 (Ref:692148)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
50?
Old 19 Aug 2003, 22:02 (Ref:692650)   #48
Mattracer
Veteran

Is it just me or is Mansell's popularity even greater now than when he was racing?

Last edited by Mattracer; 19 Aug 2003 at 22:03.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 22:25 (Ref:692669)   #49
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
He is still so popular thats for sure.....He was brave , guttsy and a pure entertainer . My favorite driver of all time thats for sure.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 22:36 (Ref:692674)   #50
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
ditto, and now we have his South American equivalent in F1 all is good again!