Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:33 (Ref:708832)   #26
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And just when are you going to tell her that you have the answer?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:38 (Ref:708837)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Presumably when she finds the info
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Sep 2003, 11:24 (Ref:708995)   #28
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But why are teams for the 500 have all four drivers listed in several cars? When is the cut off to finally nominate drivers? Why was there chopping and changing at Bathurst last year when drivers failed to qualify, and the remaining driver switched seats at the 11th hour etc?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 11:30 (Ref:708999)   #29
RaceTime
Veteran

Before final qualifying session starts I believe.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 11:37 (Ref:709007)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I actually thought it would be before first practice starts, it works that way in all the other sessions at the regular sprint races.

I doubt the VX's of Whincup/Simonsen and Dumbrell/Mezera, and the AU of Wade/Johnson, would be quicker than the favoured cars in those fleets
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Sep 2003, 11:39 (Ref:709011)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone care to clarify with supp regs?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 11:56 (Ref:709034)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
"2003 V8 Supercar Championship Series - Round 9

Supplementary Regulations for V8 Supercars

1.5 Entries

1.5.2 No change of drivers will be accepted later than 1700 on Wednesday 10 September 2003, unless exceptional circumstances, as determined by the Series Stewards, warrant a change after that time"

So there is the cutoff, Wednesday... which makes me wonder why they double enter when they can tidy it up anyway before the event
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Sep 2003, 12:40 (Ref:709079)   #33
RaceTime
Veteran

Hmmm thanks - maybe I should red the regs again sometime

This way it allows them to leave everyone else guessing until the last minute. Remember that technically entries close well before a meeting, so this gives them a way of ensuring nothing goes wrong the weekend before a meeting.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 12:49 (Ref:709097)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its not as if for example, Allan Simonsen is 2 seconds a lap quicker than Nathan Pretty in the GRM cars around Sandown, that there is an opportunity to change the pairings....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Sep 2003, 13:20 (Ref:709127)   #35
RaceTime
Veteran

Actually I was thinking moreof something like Terry Shiels Amaroo accident in 1987 that affected his running at Calder the following week at Calder...
Old 5 Sep 2003, 22:48 (Ref:709651)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
That would make sense... or indeed Owen Kelly's Bombay Belly at Bathurst last year....

But competitively, as in being able to select a better pairing, you just cant do it without tracktime, and since you have to nominate before you turn a wheel... it might mean the nominations are a little silly
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Sep 2003, 23:25 (Ref:709672)   #37
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know at the QLD 500 teams had cross entered. Not sure if it was last year or the one before, but CPR, and from memory HRT, DJR had also. But it was not the Wed night for final driver pairings, so it may of changed. Will see if I can dig up old sub/further regs.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 02:03 (Ref:710523)   #38
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
interesting line ups though.

cant wait to see Jan Magnussen in a V8 if that true at all ???
Old 7 Sep 2003, 02:30 (Ref:710533)   #39
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately a report in this morning's paper has stated that the internationals drives at Sandown could be in jepeordy due to the fact that they don't hold current CAMS licences & to acquire them they must trade in their international licence which is something the drivers aren't that keen on doing.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 02:44 (Ref:710538)   #40
RaceTime
Veteran

Hahahahahahahaha - all because they don;t want to classify the race as an International Event - which, of course, bumps up the Cams Ext errrr service errrrrr permit fee...

This is getting to be an absolute joke....
Old 7 Sep 2003, 07:06 (Ref:710582)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So whats the deal with that, drivers have to trade down their international standard C5 licences to buy CAMS C4's??

Is this just a nice little earner for CAMS? Or is there a likelihood that they cant runnext weekend because the licencing is incorrect for this event??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Sep 2003, 07:09 (Ref:710586)   #42
RaceTime
Veteran

No they would be talking about the International drivers not having a CAMS licence.

Maybe the AAA should step in here, give them an equivalent AAA licence which CAMS would then have to honour

It shouldn't affect local drivers at all.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 07:12 (Ref:710589)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So all the drivers or indeed the teams have to do is spring for a CAMS licence, or do they have to go thru an observed licence test??? :confused:
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Sep 2003, 07:25 (Ref:710595)   #44
RaceTime
Veteran

Not 100% sure but they can't hold a licence in 2 countries at the same time - think that is part of the problem - they would have to relinquish their other ASN licence and go through the normal protocols here - observation, signatures etc.

This is why when Gardner races here he is on a Japanese licence these days - NOT an Australian one.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 07:45 (Ref:710597)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So perhaps it was clever that the VIP500 last year was attended by Simon Wills and not WG??

The risk is huge, 1 full car at Dynamik, 1/2 a car at 888, 1/2 a car at BJR, 1/2 a car at DJR, 1/2 car at KRT, 1/2 car at GRM.... 7 slots in all... or 10% of the drivers required!

If its not as simple as a licence paperswap, will we see a load of Formula Ford guys suddenly become hot property??? I might have to warn a few of them to take their neatest racesuits down for that meeting
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Sep 2003, 07:51 (Ref:710599)   #46
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why hasn't this been a problem in years past? Or have I missed something here...
Old 7 Sep 2003, 08:13 (Ref:710601)   #47
RaceTime
Veteran

IN many years past, Sandown was an International event, as was and is Bathurst.

However, as I understand it, Sandown this year is only a National Open event therefore INternational Licence holders can't race - they have to hold a current Australian ASN licence. Bathurst is still, AFAIK, an International event.

For organisers the problem is that there is a multi 1,000 difference infees between National Open and Internaitonal events.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 09:13 (Ref:710622)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If the international drivers have to OLT's and enough events to hold an Australian ASN licence, they wont turn up...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Sep 2003, 09:43 (Ref:710637)   #49
RaceTime
Veteran

IMHO even if they have to have one OLT at the meeting they won;t turn up - especially if they have to swap licences.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 09:51 (Ref:710641)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is this something fixed easily by the 10% shareholder in AVESCO or has this been set up by them as needle for the Phillip Island thing?

Losing 6 cars in the event doesnt exactly sound like a promoter's dream come true
#CANCERSUCKS