Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 10 Sep 2003, 17:55 (Ref:714395)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that's fine by me. I have a PS2 anways!
Old 10 Sep 2003, 19:30 (Ref:714456)   #27
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, since youre a racing fan id say ps2. pc perferable ... i love my xbox personally, but, there are no racing games worth meantioning. i only play mechassult, rtcw, and halo ... but, by the way i play them i dont have any time left for any others

if youve the money ... all three systems have games worth owning
Old 10 Sep 2003, 21:05 (Ref:714518)   #28
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What if the box could release a GTA spin off in 2004? That, with Halo 2, in addition to XBOX-live which are already in place, would do wonders for the console. As an owner of both I'd say it is technically superior. Enter the Matrix, Rocky and Splinter Cell all play better on the box over the PS2. The box just doesn't have the strength in numbers.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 21:30 (Ref:714536)   #29
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS2 had GT4, GTA San Andreas, PES3, Medal of Honour: Rising Sun and of course Metal Gear Solid 3, all either exclusive or coming first. Xbox has Halo 2 and that's it, like at the moment it has Halo and that's it.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 23:31 (Ref:714574)   #30
Es Nes
Veteran

theres an offical gta coming to the box.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 18:05 (Ref:715394)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
PS2 had GT4, GTA San Andreas, PES3, Medal of Honour: Rising Sun and of course Metal Gear Solid 3, all either exclusive or coming first. Xbox has Halo 2 and that's it, like at the moment it has Halo and that's it.
Err, hello Damon. I can agree with your musical tastes but your view of X-Box is very wrong! Although I'll respect your opinion.

X-Box has the superior Moto GP series, the Halo series, Project Gotham Racing, the new Half Life (officially looking like the best thing ever), Championship Manager, Mace Griffin etc..........

It is clear that X-Box has a lot less quality titles than PS2 at the minute (I miss the Gran Turismo series and Pro Evolution Soccer 2 is the best game ever) but to say it only has Halo is a hideous thing to say and totally untrue. X-Box is slowly catching up and could well be right up there with PS2 soon. More and more people are buying consoles for their on-line capabilities and PS2's access is POOR with capital letters.

Try X-Box Live and you could be converted!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 18:32 (Ref:715427)   #32
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Hey Knowlesy! I guess then, as a PS2 owner the Xbox only has Halo that looks vaguely appealing to me. The Moto GP series is of no interest to me, the GT series is far superior to Project Gotham, I have a newer and better version of Champ Man for the PC and Mace Griffin is coming to the PS2 at the same time. Anything good coming to Xbox is coming to PS2 either at the same time or earlier and online gaming is of little interest to m (GPL aside) as I'm to much of a casual gamer I guess. I think Xbox is for the self proclaimed "Hardcore".
Old 12 Sep 2003, 18:17 (Ref:716772)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh dear. I'm going to have a hissy fit in a minute......
Old 12 Sep 2003, 18:42 (Ref:716797)   #34
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Don't do that, stick on some Fleetwood Mac instead .
Old 12 Sep 2003, 19:12 (Ref:716827)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Good advice! You're a good man! The Chain will be on any moment now!
Old 13 Sep 2003, 14:49 (Ref:717540)   #36
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm thinking of buying a Xbox now.
Does the Xbox Live thingy work with my normal cable provider so i don't have to buy too much stuff just to go online with it?

Oh and can you play online with Halo??
Old 13 Sep 2003, 14:58 (Ref:717547)   #37
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Not with Halo no, but apparently you can with Halo 2. But Microsoft charge an annual fee, which is off putting.
Old 13 Sep 2003, 16:40 (Ref:717598)   #38
Es Nes
Veteran

with xbl, all you need to do is sign up and plug your x into your modem and itll auto config. youll need to reset the modem when you go from pc to xbox and vice versa.

if you have a router, you can play halo online with free litle prog known as xbox connect. it tricks your xbox into think your internet connection is really a LAN game. any game with a lan mp mod will most likely work with xbc. 25 different games are listed. http://www.xbconnect.com/

halo2 with be xbl enabled though.

xbl is 50 to sign on and 50 a month. its worth it imho.

Last edited by Es Nes; 13 Sep 2003 at 16:45.
Old 13 Sep 2003, 16:49 (Ref:717602)   #39
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
£50 a month on top of your £25+ broadband fee As I say, Xbox is clearly for the hardcore, you'd have to get a hell of a lot of hours gaming in to justify that fee.
Old 13 Sep 2003, 17:22 (Ref:717615)   #40
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can do Halo on Xbox Live... I've never done it, because it costs, but there is the option to play is on Xbox live in the menu screens
Old 13 Sep 2003, 17:27 (Ref:717620)   #41
Es Nes
Veteran

damon - 50$ us ... and its a yearly fee.

Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
You can do Halo on Xbox Live... I've never done it, because it costs, but there is the option to play is on Xbox live in the menu screens
erm ... which menu?

Last edited by Es Nes; 13 Sep 2003 at 17:29.
Old 13 Sep 2003, 17:29 (Ref:717622)   #42
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Oh sorry, in your previous post you said monthly, £50 a year is far more reasonable.

Last edited by Damon; 13 Sep 2003 at 17:32.
Old 13 Sep 2003, 17:31 (Ref:717623)   #43
Es Nes
Veteran

opps ... so i did :| sorry
Old 13 Sep 2003, 17:36 (Ref:717626)   #44
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
damon - 50$ us ... and its a yearly fee.

erm ... which menu?

I dunno, i haven't played it for months... Might not be Xbox live at all...
Old 13 Sep 2003, 18:20 (Ref:717653)   #45
Es Nes
Veteran

its not, the only multi-player options are - split screen, co-op, and lan.

halo 2 will be nice since youll be able to use covy elites
Old 13 Sep 2003, 18:35 (Ref:717661)   #46
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
My brother tells me that for once the marines will do some of the driving too, allowing me to do the shoosting
Old 13 Sep 2003, 19:25 (Ref:717709)   #47
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bleh, pay this, pay that, pay some more...
Isn't it enough to just pay for the damn console instead of having to pay that yearly cr@p on top of my internet costs (75$/month)?

I don't even know if i'll keep it for that long...

God, i hate Bill Gates...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 13 Sep 2003 at 19:31.
Old 13 Sep 2003, 19:33 (Ref:717716)   #48
Es Nes
Veteran

75? do you have 1mb+ upload?
Old 13 Sep 2003, 21:14 (Ref:717855)   #49
ASCII Man
Veteran

You mean upload speed or volume?
Old 13 Sep 2003, 23:37 (Ref:717931)   #50
Es Nes
Veteran

upload speed