Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Sep 2003, 19:12 (Ref:732329)   #26
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Great to see some of you guys there today, good racing, great cars, great weather - what more could you want?
Old 27 Sep 2003, 23:00 (Ref:732459)   #27
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a good day, just a shame I didn't get to see more people.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 09:12 (Ref:732616)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Were you there Carrie? We missed you.

After virtually tearing my front suspension out on Friday it was good to actually be out there!. We finished re building the steering 5 mins after scrutineering finished! Got it through and joined practice five mins late. Got five laps in and at least qualified.

Practice was stopped due to an horrendous accident involving Kingsley Marten, his Rover and the armmco, grass, grass, tarmac, armco, grass ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you get the picture. Glad to see the only thing suffered was a bruised wallet!

The race was great fun although as usual I fought my way manfully to last by the first corner Finished 11th though and actually scored some class points at a great circuit.

Gerry Marshall went really well. Wonder what he'd do in a car with brakes Stacy? (Belated happy birthday BTW).

Met up with Asp, Kaybee, Dave Brand, Tim D, Maisie and Chris Y.

Back to Turkey tomorrow.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 09:21 (Ref:732618)   #29
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't get to the track until lunchtime. We did come back for a paddock wander once the racing had finished, but you must have already have left at that point. Sorry to have missed you.
Saw the Rover in the paddock at the end of the day - what a mess!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 09:36 (Ref:732630)   #30
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
A good day's racing - I had a quiet day at Water Tower. Did we witness Tony Sugden's last-ever race? I hope not. Nice to see one of my boyhood (well, almost!) heros, Gerry Marshall, back in action; believe me, Peter, it's got brakes good enough to lock all four.....Mazda 1, Jaguar 0.....

In addition to 'old' friends from ten-tenths, I met Tim D & Carrera for the first time.

And just to show that Peter's car didn't look too bad after its little off-track excursion on Friday:
Attached Thumbnails
mallet1.jpg  
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:54 (Ref:732805)   #31
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too was having a fairly quiet day, then the exhaust came off. Never usually hear the engine running; not only did I hear it, the vibration through the car was almost unbearable.

Good to meet you Dave and Kaybee, missed you Peter, did pop by the car a couple of times and had a chat with Ken. Safe journey back to Turkey.

Big thank you to the organiser of the weather.

The BX Sport team enjoyed brekkie and lunch; the driver missed the bacon butties though. Well done the caterers.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:48 (Ref:733058)   #32
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Peter, carerra, Gerry and Stacy, and belated happy birthday to Stacy

A very good day's racing and a shame most people had disappeared by the time we got back to the paddock
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:08 (Ref:733109)   #33
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by carrera
I too was having a fairly quiet day, then the exhaust came off. Never usually hear the engine running; not only did I hear it, the vibration through the car was almost unbearable.
Funnily enough, it didn't sound much noisier to us. Things did look a little bit dodgy when you disappeared from sight round Druids with the back box looking as though it was just about to drop off & the leaders bearing down on you.....we were listening for the crunch!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:23 (Ref:733154)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah,

But you just can't wash dents away can you?

Sorry Carrie et al. But a four hour drive beckoned so we hit the tarmac. It meant we could get back to the village to order the chinese takeaway and open that bottle of vino!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 20:34 (Ref:733178)   #35
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
But you just can't wash dents away can you?
Just be thankful ten-tenths only allows pictures to be 400 pixels wide - they hardly show!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 21:21 (Ref:733258)   #36
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Maisie

A very good day's racing and a shame most people had disappeared by the time we got back to the paddock [/B]

Sorry to miss you all but it had taken us nearly seven hours to get to Oulton due to the various car parks on the M25 and M6. Thankfully the journey home was under four hours
and allowed a visit to the local pizzeria for a deep pan and a bottle of Chardonnay. We did watch the Gerry Marshall masterclass before we left though.

As for PM's motor, the pics don't do the dents justice.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 09:26 (Ref:733790)   #37
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed the day - my hotel the night before had had ghostbusters running up and down the corridor all night tho' - practise was leisurely - perhaps due to the weight of the club's bacon butty - CT went well enough for me to be five seconds a lap faster than in practise and beat Mike Hayne for the first time this year tho' I could not stay with Gary or Hugh - worked hard - worked even harder in G1 where a very nippy and wide mk 1 scirocco (allegedly originally built by/for the same G Marshall) got past me on the restart - chased him until the hairpin/cascades on the last lap when finally I outpowered him up the hill - three seconds a lap slower than CT - amazing bit of mirror bashing with someone off the start line too - sunny day - fab place - fast drive home - can't really ask for more to wrap the season in fact
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:32 (Ref:733951)   #38
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gerry Marshall went really well. Wonder what he'd do in a car with brakes Stacy? (Belated happy birthday BTW).

Gerry was good value as usual. As Dave said, nowt wrong with the brakes though, but he is inexperienced racing Brian and as a consequence misjudged his cornering speed. I've come close to tagging him in the quick corners before, but obviously I would have expected it.

Que Sera.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, been on the celebrations since Thursday really, and finally went to bed for a 10min lie down at 3pm on Sunday and didn't wake up until 8.30am this morning..

Cheers

Stacy
Old 29 Sep 2003, 12:23 (Ref:733995)   #39
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I too was having a fairly quiet day, then the exhaust came off
It got our vote for the overtaking move of the day...

BX brakes for Cascades, exhaust dives down the inside, gets ahead, runs out of grip and slides into gravel trap
Old 29 Sep 2003, 14:37 (Ref:734157)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Oops,

Apologies Stacy I wasn't referring to Brian. I heard Gerry talking about a spongy brake pedal after practice. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:48 (Ref:734237)   #41
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oops,

Apologies Stacy I wasn't referring to Brian. I heard Gerry talking about a spongy brake pedal after practice. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.
I see..

Anyway, no he wasn't talking about spongey brakes, I have full AP's all round.. What he couldn't get used to in the time was that a) there is no engine braking with a rotary, and b) there wasn't much feel through the brakes - which is largely because of the tyres. I've had the same moan!

Cheers

Stacy
Old 29 Sep 2003, 16:13 (Ref:734274)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah that explains it. Knew about the engine braking thang though.