Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Nov 2003, 22:44 (Ref:770381)   #26
skid marques
Rookie

skid marques should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Model collecting is a very sad, time and money consuming activity. I have acquired several thousand over 40 years, and have even resorted to manufacturing when I thought no-one was going to produce the one I wanted. The die-casts from IXO and Ebbro are irresistable additions, but in 25 years time they are going to look as pathetic as the white metal FDS kits I bought in the late 70's. They're worth nothing much now, but at laest it ain't long before they're genuine antiques!
Old 1 Nov 2003, 23:17 (Ref:770411)   #27
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I once got a Pacific F1 car signed by team boss, Keith Wiggins, at a Rockingham CART race then got Andrea Montermini to sign it at an FIGT race, im sure a lot of you have more significantly signed models of your own but the Pacific is certainly one of my faves, i also got the Le Mans winning Porsche from 1998 signed by Aiello and Ortelli, just need to somehow find McNish now! Ill post an image of the Porsche tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
signed pacific.jpg  

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 2 Nov 2003, 11:46 (Ref:770664)   #28
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Here is my Porsche. Ive also got signed:- Abt audi:Christian Abt, Alfa 156: Fabrizio Giovanardi, Alfa 155 V6:Gabriele Tarquini, Pacific f1:Jean-Denis Deletraz! Merc CLK DTMarren Turner, ive also got lots of other autographs but not on models and i dont want to get off the subject of this thread! Heres the Porsche...
Attached Thumbnails
porsche 1998.jpg  

Old 2 Nov 2003, 11:47 (Ref:770667)   #29
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
arren Turner?

lol
Old 2 Nov 2003, 11:55 (Ref:770674)   #30
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
lol ill blame that on a rookie mistake!

Old 2 Nov 2003, 16:09 (Ref:770806)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
K.......
Old 2 Nov 2003, 17:00 (Ref:770829)   #32
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
h my god....

Last edited by pirenzo; 2 Nov 2003 at 17:00.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 19:35 (Ref:773009)   #33
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I fear the money side of this habit. lol I just bought my first model since childhood at the Laguna Seca round of the ALMS this year. Its the 2002 Le Mans winner 1:18th scale. When I was younger I had several 1:43 scale 962's, which are now gone. Also had 1:18th models of a McLaren and a Ferrari from the 80's. Both gone. Oh well, easy come easy go.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 19:39 (Ref:773013)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, that reminds me - on one of my early trips to Le Mans, I picked up 1/18ths of both the Jagermeister Porsche 956 (that glorious orange car) and the white Porsche 4WD which ran in 86 (and then again in Rothmans colours in 87, when it expired in a very nasty fiery crash at Indianapolis - or shortly afterwards).

Sadly, I don't have either anymore - kids, who'd have em.....?
Old 4 Nov 2003, 20:12 (Ref:773043)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've spent over 600 quid on models this year. it's a frightening thought really. I could have bought driving lessons with that.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 21:46 (Ref:773159)   #36
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Ayse, what are some of the jewels of your collection?
Old 4 Nov 2003, 23:09 (Ref:773228)   #37
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's money consuming, but it feels damn good to touch and look closely to a new addition....

I think the most detailed and close to reality model I have is the Ford Taurus Jeff Burton drove last year in NASCAR. These are made by Team Caliber, and include such goodies as rubber tyres, rubber safety nets (as opposed to plastic ones) suspensions, engine wiring, trunk and bonnet tethers, even the small flaps that are on the roof, and even the smallest of stickers that are seen by the cameras.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 13:36 (Ref:773802)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Hey Ayse, what are some of the jewels of your collection?
Personally, jh, I've got very few. I've never been a model collector really and the cars I had in my childhood are sadly long gone. For about the last 4-5 years I have brought back from Le Mans a 1:43 for each of my two boys. They've now got matching MGs, Toyota GT-Ones, Nissan R390s (giving my GT1 preferences an airing....), Vipers and so on.

They also have a limited edition Mazda (the race winning car from 1991) which I picked up (matchbox scale) in 1992. I only wish I'd picked one up for myself.

The only models I have which are really mine are a 1:43 of the race-winning Peigeot from 1993 (which I picked up for £2 in a discount warehouse), the Senna Lotus I mentioned before and a large German metalwork F1 creation.......
Old 5 Nov 2003, 15:46 (Ref:773923)   #39
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Thanks for sharing Ayse, my Audi R8 model sits in my office, I have room for one or two more. Since I have an LMP, I suppose I need a GT1 and a Group C car to finish it off.
Old 5 Nov 2003, 18:03 (Ref:774062)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In that case, I suggest either a Toyota GT-One or a Gulf McLaren F1GTR, together with a Silk Cut Jaguar.....
Old 6 Nov 2003, 18:11 (Ref:775096)   #41
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New addition! Via eBay, I bought the Jordan EJ11-Honda Heinz Harald Frentzen drove for most of 2001. Must say that it's quite interesting aerodinamically, but it wasn't very successful in reality.

And continuing the Le Mans talk, I only have three of them. The aforementioned BMW, the Audi R8R from the same year and the Mercedes CLK-GTR from 1997 (only because Greg drove 2 races in that one)
Old 6 Nov 2003, 21:09 (Ref:775234)   #42
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll own up to about 200 model Porsches.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 23:37 (Ref:775329)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
With a name like yours carrera, why am I not surprised......?
Old 6 Nov 2003, 23:51 (Ref:775341)   #44
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Lego, who used to play with lego as a kid? Or mecano, or something like that?

I've got countless happy memories of when i was younger that involve lego or Mecano.

I have this happy memory of sitting behind our sofa at Christmas constucting some lego contraption, and it was really warm and cosy. Probably one of my happiest memories No idea why, it's just one of those things.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 18:33 (Ref:776218)   #45
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Lego! Would you believe I still construct Lego cars?

Right now my best is a near perfect 1/24 replica of Oriol ServiÃ*'s CART Lola-Ford. I even put the in-car cameras!
Old 9 Nov 2003, 00:13 (Ref:777266)   #46
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I once had a B188 model with Boutsen in it when i was a kid, too bad i completely trashed it...

Still have the FW17 of David Coulthard in perfect condition though.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 9 Nov 2003 at 00:18.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 00:47 (Ref:777275)   #47
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i only have a 1:48 91 905 and a 92 905. i just got ewa's winter catalog and wished i had a bottumles pit of money. there was 3 92 ts010s, i want to add a yellow 02 joest, 02 champion r8, croc r8, turbo 996 gt2, various jgtc cars, and heh ...
Old 13 Nov 2003, 12:54 (Ref:781997)   #48
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I collect mainly Le Mans and Sportscars (now leave the F1 stuff to my Dad!). I've got 40ish Le Mans winners and about 25 917s (so that I can get them homologated!!).

My best find was in a garden centre! They were selling re-issued solido models (with decals that you had to put on), by Verem I think, for £3.99. When I went back, they had them for half-price, so I bought virtually their entire stock! I don't believe they knew what they had, but it's filled several gaps in my collection!
Old 13 Nov 2003, 13:30 (Ref:782040)   #49
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm after touring cars at the moment, I have Volvos and Hondas, I'm looking for BTCC Cavaliers.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 13:54 (Ref:782060)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by krt917

My best find was in a garden centre! They were selling re-issued solido models (with decals that you had to put on), by Verem I think, for £3.99. When I went back, they had them for half-price, so I bought virtually their entire stock! I don't believe they knew what they had, but it's filled several gaps in my collection!

You jammmy.........