Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:22 (Ref:905645)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
blimey . . . . plenty of info to absorb here, thanks people . . .for the record, I had a few overheating problems on my first run out on Saturday . . .I suspect my (brand new) thermostat isnt quite right . . . as it didnt seem to open until 100 degrees, and its right next to the temp gauge sensor, when it did open it dropped to 80, then back up and so on . . . .when I got overtaken by a Zodiac, I gave it some more welly, then saw the gauge stick around 100 and not go down until I backed off. apart from the thermostat problem, I need to also check that the engine isnt running too lean and getting too hot, as I also had oil surge problems (with a baffled sump) so I suspect that the oils getting a bit too runny as well.

on the plus side, nothing fell off blew up or broke and I managed to keep in on the black bits despite the puddles !!!
Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:58 (Ref:905682)   #27
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading your other thread on sump baffles, it's difficult to sort out more than one problem at a time. For now replace the thermostat with a blanking plate with a couple of 10 mm holes, this works and you can go back to a thermostat when you've sorted the rest out.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 10:29 (Ref:905701)   #28
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with Stephen 100%. Doing too much at once does make things tricky.

Are you using an oil cooler as well? This will certainly help. But do check you're not running the engine lean, I made this mistake once (and once only)...
Old 15 Mar 2004, 11:00 (Ref:905729)   #29
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thats exactly my gut feeling at the moment . . . .lean running . . . .which is why I took it easy, its all a bit much to resolve in an 8 hour testing day!
Old 15 Mar 2004, 11:06 (Ref:905738)   #30
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Yep, I remember my first testing day...

I'd get it down a rolling road ASAP. Is that your car in your profile? Which club(s) do you race with?
Old 15 Mar 2004, 12:34 (Ref:905821)   #31
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
no, theres a few pics in the historic bit . . . .I'll go and change it now :-)

I'm doing the HSCC/HRSR this year, and a few Top Hat races, I might try the CTCC at Brands in MAy as its relatively local.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 13:22 (Ref:905876)   #32
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Yep, I saw the pics. Nice. May well bump into you this year at some point then as we do occasionally race on the same day as the HSCC/Top Hat thingybobs.