Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2004, 12:38 (Ref:983791)   #26
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem for William is that Ralf is better at etting the set-up than JPM. Montoya's technical ability doesn't seem strong to me - he frequently has a last-minute guess, as inded he did last weekend. And I can't see Jacques's set-ups being much use to anyone other than Jacques.
Old 26 May 2004, 12:42 (Ref:983796)   #27
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I do not envisage that anyone who isn't currently employed by Williams will drive one at a race weekend this year.

However, give me the right odds and I'd be willing to wager that Ralf will not compete every round of this year's championship...
Old 26 May 2004, 12:46 (Ref:983800)   #28
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by fog_shadow
fact => williams changed the brake cooling inlets

fact => JPM's brakes overheated because of this.

fact => Ralf managed to complete the race inspite of the above mentioned change

fact => Ralf got points for the team.

caveat => Williams are not lying.

draw from the above whatever conclusions you want to
I don't think JPM caused the brake failure - the team were pretty adamant about that. The problem he had from each in the race was that he lost the clutch, which is going to worsen brake wear. It was jsut luck that Ralf stayed on track and JPM didn't.

Certainly Peter, Ralf's showing was excellent at Monaco - the first time this year that he's been comfortably faster than JPM (whose performance also had its moments - his overtaking was imrpessive, and if we give Ralf credit for picking up poitns we have to do the same for him), and it's a shame he lost the front-row spot through no fault of his own.
Old 26 May 2004, 12:48 (Ref:983804)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So this is the same story as the Canadian press story in another thread.

Oh dear, we can'r find anything that's cast iron can we?
Old 26 May 2004, 12:48 (Ref:983805)   #30
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

GArcon

Are you by any chance suggesting that just like at Tesco's any Williams driver (for example) who chucks a sickie will not now be paid for the first three days off ? Will Willie have Ralf on the tills just to get the staff discount on their £ 4 jeans ?

Last edited by josvandeperre; 26 May 2004 at 12:58.