Montoya 1 1.06%
Other - specify 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:51 (Ref:1034466)   #26
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fisichella, hands down. To drag a Sauber from 20th to 6th place, past the likes of Alonso in the Renault, in a Sauber that would have been pretty much tanked up, that takes some doing.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 18:17 (Ref:1034495)   #27
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I gave it to TGF
Would someone be kind enough to enlighten me on what "TGF" stands for? (and please pardon my ignorance). thanks.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1034500)   #28
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That German 'Fellow'
Old 12 Jul 2004, 18:34 (Ref:1034510)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Once again!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 18:48 (Ref:1034529)   #30
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I couldn't give it to Fisi. That's about where he would have finished had he not had the engine trouble and qualified proper. Job well done though.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 18:52 (Ref:1034535)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
:confused: He finished there despite the problems? Isn't that a good thing?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 18:54 (Ref:1034540)   #32
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just saying he obviously had the car to do it.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 19:08 (Ref:1034558)   #33
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thank you shiny.

EDIT: Other remark removed, incase! k-b was only alluding that it is oft asked

-

Last edited by Adam43; 12 Jul 2004 at 20:35.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1034602)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen

Sorry, but if "having the car to do it" ruled you out of the driver of the race, "TGF" would never win it......
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:01 (Ref:1034605)   #35
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No one would ever do anything without "the car to do it".

Running round Silverstone on foot would take ages!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1034612)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stick to the topic, we don't need another one of those threads. Obviously (as is being said) this thread is intended to try and get us to negate the car. You can vote for someone who has the best car or the worse car. The best drive on the day can come from either.

So who achieved that in Silverstone?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1034624)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen I couldn't give it to Fisi. That's about where he would have finished had he not had the engine trouble and qualified proper. Job well done though.
Quote:
Sorry to mention it again, I'm not sure I get it. Are you saying he had the car to come 6th before being put to the back of the grid? Doesn't that mean that he had to drive even better to achieve that result starting from the back instead of his expected near the front position?
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1034629)   #38
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
It's not hard to grasp. I think the ability Michael shows when he clicks off fast laps at the required time is a special art that none of the other drivers appear to have, or at least not consistently. I find that superior to someone on a good two stop strategy that drove past slower cars. So what if it happened to be from the back. And yes, it's valid to say that Fisi would have finished where he did, or there abouts had he qualified proper. Had another driver been in the #1 car then I'm not sure they would have won. And that has nothing to do with the car, I'm talking about driving ability on both counts. And of course, that's in my opinion.

Last edited by jhansen; 12 Jul 2004 at 20:24.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1034637)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Stick to the topic, we don't need another one of those threads.

Spoilsport.

(Delete away..... )
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:36 (Ref:1034647)   #40
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the safety car flattered Fisi somewhat, but still a tip top drive.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1034650)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I plugged those other threads as a hot topic so we don't need anymore Have you tried hot topicing, it's really useful
Old 12 Jul 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1034651)   #42
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everytime I watch Schumacher, I believe I'm watching true greatness, although I did applaud his 1st practise session spin where his team mate did it last year. The kurbing needs to be extended a litle further here as if a wheel does drop off, it drops off on to the grass and 'bounces' the car into problems.
By the way, the way Schumaker STOPPED the Ferrari once he'd dropped it was FANTASTIC. Unbelieveable violence.
Kimi and a few others seems to be flying too; Jenson and Montoya and Fisi was really fighting. I'd like to see Schumacher in a Renault; Renault looks a dream to drive.

Last edited by gfm; 12 Jul 2004 at 20:39.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 22:31 (Ref:1034781)   #43
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Fisichella. No question about it.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 23:26 (Ref:1034820)   #44
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael,.. had blinding speed when he needed it, and without the safety car would have won by 20secs.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 00:46 (Ref:1034867)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Fisi, no doubt about it.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 02:33 (Ref:1034900)   #46
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Kimi.He finially had a weekend to talk about rather than forget.(loved the Sato pass)
Mentions for Webber two stopping with the barge ond still getting points and Fisi for pushing as hard as he could.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1034997)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
It's not hard to grasp.
Next time I won't ask then.
Quote:
And yes, it's valid to say that Fisi would have finished where he did, or there abouts had he qualified proper.
Whatever, you have convinced me to vote for Fisi, certainly it was a valid thing to say (I never suggested otherwise). He managed to overcome his problems and starting at the back of the grid.

Surely a drive to any position is better if it has come from the back?

I'm not quite sure why your being so defensive. I never question why Michael deserved it (see my previous post he's one of the three I couldn't chose between). I was only wondering the reasoning behind dismissing Fisi. I asked why you reached that conclusion because I have used the same reasoning to reach the opposite conclusion! I was only being curious, next time I'll just ignore what you say.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:58 (Ref:1035543)   #48
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Adam: Yeah, I was probably a bit too defensive. Not sure why, but I thought I was explaining myself quite clearly. And anytime someone questions your logic repeatedly it’s pretty hard not to feel stupid. Either way, my ability to convey my opinion obviously was lacking in this case. The “it’s not hard to get” bit was a poor choice of words that I apologize for.

I’ll make one more attempt to convey my thinking, but with a different scenario. If Michael had started at the back with the same problem and finished near the front would that surprise anyone? In Fisi’s case, I believe he had the car to finish where he did regardless of if he started from the back, or had he qualified normally without the 10-spot penalty. What I did not express is yes I think it took a good bit of driving ability to start at the back and work his way through. I’m not really disputing that. But in my opinion, a good number of the drivers on the grid could have done that same thing given the same situation.

Now in the case of Michael, I do not believe that many, or perhaps any of the drivers on the grid can do what he can do. Which is to set fast laps in concession when Ross Brawn tells him it’s time and work out strategy on the fly. Like I said, I think had another driver been in the #1 car Kimi would have won that race. And the same goes for France as well. Ferrari could have well finished second in both races had it not been for Michael’s skill. That’s why my vote goes to Michael.

So that’s my final answer so to speak, and if I still didn’t convey my opinion, then I give up and I’ll go back to observing for a while. Sorry to cause a fuss.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1035579)   #49
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Kimi finially he's back where he belongs on the podium great drive let's hope the rest off the season will be as good as this result or beter
Old 13 Jul 2004, 18:19 (Ref:1035669)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
So that’s my final answer so to speak, and if I still didn’t convey my opinion, then I give up and I’ll go back to observing for a while. Sorry to cause a fuss.
What are you talking about? Only joking No problem, I considered that it was myself not getting it, not your explanation. What day is it? Who am I? *walks away as confused as normal*