Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Dec 2004, 06:36 (Ref:1185626)   #26
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Button but I think Webber will get there first as I feel the Williams will be a better car then the BAR in 05.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 06:43 (Ref:1185628)   #27
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button SHOULD be the first choice for this but who knows how things will pan out.

Mark webber is the next most likely.In fact one can say mark is a dead set certainty for a win but *when* is the question
-it'll depend on when the car gets competitive,that might be '05,it might not.
I could see nick grabing a win if several things come together.I can't imagine pizzonia doing the same with similar breaks.
Fisi would be a super popular winner
Old 22 Dec 2004, 06:54 (Ref:1185632)   #28
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber for sure I think Nick may get one to if he is in a williams
I don't think Jenson will
Old 22 Dec 2004, 07:23 (Ref:1185636)   #29
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber and Heidfeld...hopefully
Old 22 Dec 2004, 07:41 (Ref:1185640)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Fisi would be a super popular winner

Possibly - but he's already won one.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 09:18 (Ref:1185684)   #31
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
What makes people think anyone but Schumacher will win all the races...
Old 22 Dec 2004, 09:23 (Ref:1185689)   #32
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I like a longshot so my monies on Klien to pull off a surprise win.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 09:27 (Ref:1185692)   #33
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber, Sato
Old 22 Dec 2004, 10:12 (Ref:1185725)   #34
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JB, MW, and NH, (assuming he has a drive).... in that order.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1185868)   #35
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tourer
I'm tempted to say Fizzi, so he can enjoy a win properly, with a podium ceremony and champers, rather than that fumble over the line in Brazil which was lost in all the confusion, followed by a trophy handover on the grid a couple of weeks later - a very unpleasing way to score your first win, surely.
I agree. I don't think anyone would begrudge Fisi a 'proper' win, though at least he's in the record books.

Button's win is now overdue, Webber hasn't yet had a decent chance but will probably take it when one comes along, and I wouldn't be overly surprised if Heidfeld got there first!

I also reckon we have got one of the nmost promising looking line-ups in driver talent for a while - with most people in the right place.

Of course, it really does all hinge on how good everyone is in relation to Ferrari; it might take those named above a while...
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:16 (Ref:1185872)   #36
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Belive me he won't, he will struggle to even win. Mclaren and BAR will be the teams to beat.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1185878)   #37
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We can but hope!
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:21 (Ref:1185883)   #38
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope is part of it, but I honestly feel this will happen, Mclaren have been good historicaly at adapting to new rules, BAR are on the up, and both teams have a very strong line up.
Ferrari will not rein much longer, and it will end like this.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 14:26 (Ref:1185955)   #39
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Seriously...once he wraps up the title he will go 'brain dead' ,leaving others to pick up the scraps.
But there are other odd situations where others can occasionally break through

It does make one wonder.What if -towards the end of the season- michael had won every race so far but rhubins needed help to grab 2nd in the WDC...

would ferrari get shu to help rhuby,or might they be tempted to go for a record that may never be broken? (having a driver win every race of a season)
I tend to think they would go for the record and work out some other way of 'paying back' rhubins for his help
Old 22 Dec 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1185971)   #40
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Button. Fisi will be a regular on the podium, but the top step looks to be reserved for Schummi once again.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 15:54 (Ref:1185991)   #41
Tiptop
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Tiptop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfield should win one as I think in my opinion he is a far better driver than Webber.
Jenson should get a win if the 2005 BAR is slightly better than this years although I think they might struggle against the Macs and williams in '05

Yep my money is on Heidfield if he gets the Williams drive
Old 22 Dec 2004, 17:23 (Ref:1186057)   #42
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motoya beat Heidfeld on F3000, he won four GP:s for Williams in four seasons,so, I say, Heidfeld has a very slight change to win a race for Williams this year.
Button will be the 1st new winner this season.

Last edited by 429CJ; 22 Dec 2004 at 17:24.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 22 Dec 2004, 22:31 (Ref:1186321)   #43
SKWei
Rookie

SKWei should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Webber can do the job in Melbourne, but can we trust Williams to give him a fast, reliable car for the first race? So maybe a BAR, with all their "concept car" testing, will be there to take the first non-Italian win if Ferrari don't get the F2004 updated quite right (big IF!) and then Button is the obvious choice, isn't he?
Old 25 Dec 2004, 04:22 (Ref:1187730)   #44
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I think both BAR drivers will win next year, but I have a feeling Sato will do it first. At the USA GP to be precise. Jense following up with a home win a few weeks later.....

As for the others, I can see Michael, Rubens, Kimi, Juan all winning races. Alonso may pick up a win, while Fisi is always quick at Canada (look at his record). Webber I can see picking up lots of podiums, maybe with a win in Monza, Monaco or China. I really hope Nick gets the Williams seat, he will be on par with Webber. I can't see Pizzonia on the podium more that twice if he gets the drive.

Watch out for the Toyota's. Two strong drivers in a decent car can always spring a surprise. Sauber may get a podium or two, but I can't see them winning a race. Same with Red Bull, I can see DC getting a nice load of points, maybe 20 or so with Klien helping out well but they would need a MIRACLE and I mean, MIRACLE.

Minardi will struggle to get points while Jordan are an unknown for me, they could be challenging the Saubers and Red Bull's or be struggling to beat Minardi. All depends on their line up. Possibly Briscoe and Verstappen could be the strongest possible/available....
Old 25 Dec 2004, 08:11 (Ref:1187760)   #45
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
button is overdue, but since he couldn't do it in the 2nd best car- and I don't see bar keeping that position-, I also go for nick and mark.
Old 25 Dec 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1187766)   #46
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellof
button is overdue, but since he couldn't do it in the 2nd best car- and I don't see bar keeping that position-, I also go for nick and mark.
Although Nick and Mark have talent, and are maybe future stars, there not established in my opionon.

Christian Klein how ever I believe will be the future winner. This year he didn't have much sucsess, 3 points to Mark's 7.
But the Jaguar was no Ferrari.
But he's had great battles, Bahrain this year, in the opening laps with Raikkonen.
But he showed promise in the later part of the year.

Last edited by luke; 25 Dec 2004 at 09:19.
Old 25 Dec 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1187777)   #47
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
Motoya beat Heidfeld on F3000, he won four GP's for Williams in four seasons,so, I say, Heidfeld has a very slight change to win a race for Williams this year.
Montoya finished 2nd in F3000 in his 6th year racing in cars, and he won F3000 in his seventh year (23 years old).

Heidfeld finished 2nd in F3000 in his 5th year racing in cars, and he won F3000 in his 6th year (22 years old).

So I would expect Heildfeld to do better than Montoya at Williams.
Old 25 Dec 2004, 11:07 (Ref:1187779)   #48
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Although Nick and Mark have talent, and are maybe future stars, there not established in my opionon.

Christian Klein how ever I believe will be the future winner.
Hmmm, odd prediction to say the least...
Nick and Mark are seemingly being dismissed as the next future winners, even though they are driving a top car and their talents are quite obvious.

But then you predict a guy who didn't impress all that much in either lower formulae or F1, and drives for a new-ish team, which originates from a team who never set the world on fire in terms of performance (we'll have to look back to 2001/2002 with Irvine's 2 podium finishes, or even further back still, to the Nürbürgring in 1999, when they were still called Stewart, for a sign of competitiveness..), as the most likely candidate for future non-Ferrari wins.

I wouldn't know really since I have a cold, but there's quite a fishy smell about this prediction...

But HEY, I predicted Jacques Villeneuve for future winner, so it's allright I guess!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 25 Dec 2004 at 11:14. Reason: Spelling... what else?
Old 25 Dec 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1187787)   #49
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Christian Klein how ever I believe will be the future winner.
considering his car (IF he get's it) at least that's courageous...;-)
Old 25 Dec 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1187800)   #50
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Hmmm, odd prediction to say the least...
Nick and Mark are seemingly being dismissed as the next future winners, even though they are driving a top car and their talents are quite obvious.

But then you predict a guy who didn't impress all that much in either lower formulae or F1, and drives for a new-ish team, which originates from a team who never set the world on fire in terms of performance (we'll have to look back to 2001/2002 with Irvine's 2 podium finishes, or even further back still, to the Nürbürgring in 1999, when they were still called Stewart, for a sign of competitiveness..), as the most likely candidate for future non-Ferrari wins.

I wouldn't know really since I have a cold, but there's quite a fishy smell about this prediction...

But HEY, I predicted Jacques Villeneuve for future winner, so it's allright I guess!
Mark and Nick are good drivers, don't get me wrong, I just feel there not a very strong line up.
And I also feel that the Williams will be a mid-field competitor.
I also belive both will have little sucess in 2005, but I certanily hope not.

But I'm obviously the only yone who feels Klein is a future talent.

Only time will tell.