Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jan 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1195133)   #26
Burton
Rookie

Burton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be someone who has worked at Jag before......
....think former rally team boss.....
Apparently the staff have been told what's happened and they were all very downhearted! Great start for the new team eh!
Old 7 Jan 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1195135)   #27
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Gunther Steiner? He's at Opel at the moment, but with their DTM campaign coming to an end this year, perhaps he'll move.

Flight of fancy, but what's Alan Jenkins up to these days? I have a vague memory that he may have moved into bikes.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1195136)   #28
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see there is an argument for giving this a negative spin - however, Red Bull have bought the team, they've quickly and decisively decided on the management team they want.

The point now is to give these people time and space to do their jobs.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1195139)   #29
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
It could be someone who's already in the team being promoted.

Very true, but looking back at past cars from within their design team and losing Gillan already it would make sense to bring in a new face with a proven successful car or two under ther belt.

Having said all this it would be too late for a newcomer to influence the 2005 car, so it may well be an internal promotion.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 7 Jan 2005 at 10:56.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1195141)   #30
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would definitely call Alan Jenkins.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1195142)   #31
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I can see there is an argument for giving this a negative spin - however, Red Bull have bought the team, they've quickly and decisively decided on the management team they want.

The point now is to give these people time and space to do their jobs.
True but shades of Ford .....

Prior to today's announcement.

.....Purnell, though, said the Red Bull billionaire told him that both he and Pitchforth were staying put. "Mateschitz's reputation is that he is a man of his word," Purnell told Autosport

Seems not allegedly.
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=73373

DC must be looking on in bewilderment - not the way things were done at McLaren....

Last edited by Super Tourer; 7 Jan 2005 at 11:10.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1195145)   #32
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
It seems it will be Steiner in the TD role.

We also hear that the technical management of the team will be passing into the hands of Gunther Steiner, the German engineer was in charge of Jaguar Racing in 2002 before being dropped when the new management was appointed.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14058.html
Old 7 Jan 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1195147)   #33
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of these changes are not going to affect the 2005 car this late in the game so maybe it's not such a bad move by Red Bull as it allows their prefered managment a season of bedding in.

That said, I see it as a largely bad move. Purnell and Pitchforth turned that team around and were by all accounts liked by the staff... now they're gone, hardly a morale booster is it?

Then again, maybe this was the plan from the start and Purnell and co knew they would only have to keep the seats warm?
Old 7 Jan 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1195152)   #34
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
These guys change management more often that Italy changes its governments....
Old 7 Jan 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1195153)   #35
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Flight of fancy, but what's Alan Jenkins up to these days? I have a vague memory that he may have moved into bikes.
Alan Jenkins was responsible for the design of the Ducati Desmosedici MotoGP bike last season IIRC.
He also did the aerodynamic design of the Ducati Desmosedici RR, the race replica of the MotoGP bike.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 7 Jan 2005 at 11:21.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1195161)   #36
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
Purnell and Pitchforth turned that team around and were by all accounts liked by the staff... now they're gone, hardly a morale booster is it?
Ah, I didn't realise points were awarded for popularity with employees. (Only weak bosses are that popular anyway.)

Turned the team around? They got 10 points last year, the budget was multiples of some others for no result!

They'll be forgotten by the first race if they show better (not hard surely?)...

Last edited by JohnMiller; 7 Jan 2005 at 11:48.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1195221)   #37
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear, old habits die hard at Jaguar.....baby. bathwater, open window.

Gunther Steiner designed an awful Jaguar car, is more used to designing WRC cars for Ford.

Throw out the 2 people who were popular with the workforce,resurrected Jaguar and made it a saleable item and managed to keep hold of most of the staff during this difficult time.

When there was a chance of something decent happening, they get rid of the 2 people capable of achieving it.

Horner has no F1 management experience, F3000 experience is not F1 experience.

Looks like Stoddart has some competition for his grid slots this year

Last edited by mark_l; 7 Jan 2005 at 13:46.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1195229)   #38
Gabrio
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l
Oh dear, old habits die hard at Jaguar.....baby. bathwater, open window.

Gunther Steiner designed an awful Jaguar car, is more used to designing WRC cars for Ford.
Horner has no F1 management experience, F3000 experience is not F1 experience.
Looks like Stoddart has some competition for his grid slots this year
Steiner did not design the car. He was a director and not a designer.
Horner will do well. He knows the tricks and has historically been linked to David Richards There mey be more to this than meets the eye....
Let's not judge too quickly.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1195234)   #39
Burton
Rookie

Burton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one who know's better than most I can only whole heartedly agree with mark_l. Although i disagree with the comment about GS I don't think he had chance to get settled before his door opened on the JagRac revolving door and he was booted out!
Losing DP could start yet another rush for the door because a majority of the people who were undecided on staying or going when ford decided to pull out, stayed because they had faith in Dave and his team.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1195250)   #40
DEADDUCK
Rookie

United Kingdom
DEADDUCK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From ITV-F1

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31853
Old 7 Jan 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1195265)   #41
Extra Rib
Rookie

Extra Rib should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Miller - They'll be forgotten by the first race?

sorry mate don't get that - Both Dave and Tony have a lot of respect from the staff as they have both been honest with the team - if they have known information that they can't impart with the staff they have held their hands up and told the staff this. More than previous management have done.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1195297)   #42
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=JohnMiller]Ah, I didn't realise points were awarded for popularity with employees. (Only weak bosses are that popular anyway.)QUOTE]

yeah, you see, there's this thing called 'morale.'

when you have a large group of people working towards a common goal it helps to believe in your leaders.

which the jag boys and girls did.

Horner won't be able to cut it in F1 (yet) if you thought purnell was weak then Horner is even more lightweight, mateschitz installed him as a puppet that will do what he says.

Its going to be carnage at RBR as an autocrat who doesn't know much about F1 throws his weight around. mark my words.

If I was an employee, id be writting my CV.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1195316)   #43
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets give the guys a chance.

Red Bull have bought the team and can appoint whoever they want.

There's no suggestion it won't be management stability from here on.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1195321)   #44
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lets give the guys a chance.

Red Bull have bought the team and can appoint whoever they want.

There's no suggestion it won't be management stability from here on.
Jaguard did not have a good record on management stability and Red Bull seem to be carrying on that tradition
Old 7 Jan 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1195325)   #45
Kicking-back
Veteran

I don't see how we can draw that conclusion after so short a time - Red Bull is putting in place its own structure for the long term with these appointments, quite possibly.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1195358)   #46
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jaguard did not have a good record on management stability and Red Bull seem to be carrying on that tradition
Jaguar did not have a good track record .... at all.

The Red Bull guys will make a much better job than the previous "management."

Like for example, it has been consistently quoted that Klien only got the race drive last year because "Red Bull insisted" - hello, Red Bull didn't own the team then. Just that they didn't have the ability to get any sponsors in to replace the ones they couldn't keep hold of.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1195362)   #47
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It took until the 14th posting to this thread that anyone looked at this from Purnell's and Pitchforths viewpoint!...wittering on about Horner and Arden!...You've all missed the incredable irony that TP & DP worked tirelessly night and day to secure everyones jobs at JAG Racing and saved the whole teams enterprise and dedicated igenuity and asperations only to be stabbed in the back by a wild Bull! Not to mention a certain ex driver on the bridge putting his telescope to his blind eye!

Last edited by Rennen; 7 Jan 2005 at 17:15.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1195364)   #48
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller

Like for example, it has been consistently quoted that Klien only got the race drive last year because "Red Bull insisted" - hello, Red Bull didn't own the team then. Just that they didn't have the ability to get any sponsors in to replace the ones they couldn't keep hold of.
Sponsors have a huge say in who drives for the teams, its only the big teams Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams, that dont have to listen to sponsors trying to place drivers.

JohnMiller, you must be very naive to think that all F1 drivers are there on merit alone.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1195365)   #49
jawa
Racer

jawa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, but if you don't have an opinion, or wish to reserve judgement, then don't post - the whole purpose of these forums is to allow people to talk enthusiastically about motorsport.

I think it's glaringly obvious that replacing Tony and Dave with an F3000 boss who's never done F1 and an Austrian technical director who's track record was largely unproven both seem like pretty poor ideas.

How the hell did Horner get this job? He has ZERO experience in the role - and I can only see the loss of TP and DP as having a seriously negative effect on the team's morale.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the beginning of the end for Red Bull Racing. If I was an employee I, too, would be very concerned.

** Hope nobody minds me posting my opinions so promptly! **
Old 7 Jan 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1195369)   #50
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sponsors have a huge say in who drives for the teams, its only the big teams Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams, that dont have to listen to sponsors trying to place drivers.

JohnMiller, you must be very naive to think that all F1 drivers are there on merit alone.
Here, Here!