Wrong 13 17.57%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Mar 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1246035)   #26
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any of you haven't seen Doc H's point of view of the incident it's on the F1 forum thread:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...01#post1245101

Only saw the highlights rather than live, but looked as if it was handled as best as possible given the location of the car (meaning a long run parrallel to the track, or a long run through the gravel). Similar situation to Redgate at Donington - do you go from the snatch gap at P2, or over the wall and through the gravel from P4. I'm sure all circuits that haven't been covered in tarmac at every corner have similar situations.

Al.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1246067)   #27
flags
Racer

Wales
aberdare.south wales
flags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the rules are the rules, engine running, dangerous position, the push was allowed..as said earlier, no mention of the action to remove the williams, just as dangerous i'd have thought..!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1246147)   #28
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shinners: No doubt u will hear all about it at least u didnt have the joy of gettin a ph call at 6am on a sunday morn to tell ya all about it!! LOL
Old 8 Mar 2005, 01:26 (Ref:1246266)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I seem to remember him extingushing Mr Tracy at Brands too. Those cameras just love him...
Old 8 Mar 2005, 01:28 (Ref:1246267)   #30
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I think enough of us wandered over to the F1 forum and well and truly kicked some heads and sorted it

Was good to see Doc managed to find a computer down here and post a few comments, no doubt you/we will hear all about it when he arrives back up there later in the week
Old 8 Mar 2005, 03:22 (Ref:1246309)   #31
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello all from down-under! (or is it G'day?!)

Either way thank you all for your various takes on what happened! Its always intresting to hear what way it looked on TV!

The williams was in fact snatched and plopped behind a 5 ton concrete barrier at the far end of the gravel trap! No need for a top line magician, just a decent recovery crew!

Yes wooley, I got my rear end all over Champ Car TV back in 2003 when Traceys gearbox cried enough. (fires seem to present themselves when myself and Stoowert end up on post together!(i refere to the 2004 FFord festival when a fuel line also cried enough half way along the main strait!)

Oh I'll be on the hunt for any photographs of the incident, so if anyone spots somthing can you let me know!?

Cheers

Talk soon guys!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 06:49 (Ref:1246357)   #32
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
no doubt you/we will hear all about it when he arrives back up there later in the week
If it's anything like the Tracey fire I'll be hearing about it at length, repeatedly Now where did I put those earplugs
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1246905)   #33
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doc, I was 12,000 miles away this time! I think I was just about out of the line of fire!
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (Ask yer parents!)
Old 9 Mar 2005, 02:46 (Ref:1247315)   #34
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MagnetON forgets that he was asleep under a tree at the time of Traceys fire and as a result left himself wide open to a torrent of blagging when the race was over!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 06:21 (Ref:1247385)   #35
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm NEVER going to be allowed to forget that I was (off duty) asleep under a tree when you had your 15 seconds of fame!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1247530)   #36
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Additionally, in Magnet's defence, it was a pretty boring race.

Well, until Hollywood stode out and was a media whore.

PS DocH we (that's me and guess who?) have looked at the DVD recording, freezed frame and zoomed in up to 4x and still canny recoognize you. Nice pixels tho (3hr recording setting).
Old 9 Mar 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1247578)   #37
singer 28
Rookie

singer 28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there.

This is my first time on Ten- tenths. I was recommended to view this site by a fellow marshall friend of mine. He is Doc H we were the marshalls who pushed MS out of the litter at the Australia F1 GP.

The comments I have seen on this site are very interesting. Both Doc and i felt more danger behind the barriers for the first 3 laps of the race than when we were out on the track pushing MS.

The reason for this is very simple. We waited for race control to tell our Sector Marshall we could go and push the Ferrari, you see they monitor the whole track and know what cars are approaching our sector. We went to MS and our Sector Marshall went to the other car and supervised its removal by mobile crane. If we had waited and removed MS by crane the time exposed would have been considerable and probably necessitated the Safety car.

This is because the other car had to be taken a considerable distance to safety and then the crane would have to return to a more exposed spot and remove MS. We worked that point all weekend and lost count of the number of cars that went off the track where MS ended up.

More importantly we had 3 flagmarshalls covering us all of whom I have worked with for a minimum of 4 GP's. Several of whom have flagged for over 15 years. I totally trusted them as we all do in this situation.

If we were to never put ourselves in potential danger we would never turn up at any racemeeting.

I am more concerned that my good friend Doc is currently in Cairns which is about to have a category 5 cyclone hit in the next 24 hours. Now to me that is scary.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1247686)   #38
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello singer 28 and welcome to 10/10ths. And thank you for adding your view of what happened.

Old 9 Mar 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1247953)   #39
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doc H and a catagory 5 cyclone? The poor cyclone doesn't stand a chance!
Thanks for your input. Nothing better than hearing from "Johnny-on-the-spot"
Old 9 Mar 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1248060)   #40
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It all makes sense now, thanks singer.
Welcome to 10 tenths.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 23:53 (Ref:1248211)   #41
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I shall watch the news coverage of the cyclone with interest. I fully expect to see coverage of Doc holding up a building or saving a baby...

Welcome to the forums, Slinger. Good to have you aboard.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1248386)   #42
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Having spoken to El Hollywood, I can confirm he is unaffected by cyclone and has just returned from white water rafting.

His plans now including going diving around a reef somewhere, so if you happen to see video footage of people being rescued from sharks/jellyfish etc., that would be him!
Old 11 Mar 2005, 03:35 (Ref:1249131)   #43
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
hello all,

Not quite as exciting as its made out to be Im afraid! I had a few words with the cyclone and the cyclone rather politely agreed to change course away from Cairns at the last minute and flatten some towns north of here instead!

Good to see you joined Singer! Have a look at the Formula One thread aswell, It contains some intresting viewpoints from people 'outside the circle'.

Anyway, im off to catch me some sharks! now wheres that harpoon...?!
Old 11 Mar 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1249229)   #44
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hollywood broke Queensland, Hollywood broke Queensland

(not quite as good as last year's chant of "Hollywood killed Skippy's mum doo dah, doo dah")
Old 11 Mar 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1249262)   #45
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think that "jen broke delta 6" was better that was a much better achievement dnt ya think ter?!!
Old 11 Mar 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1249269)   #46
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Not as good as the latest "Terri broke her flagger"
Old 11 Mar 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1249274)   #47
Jennifer_ni
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
LOL! I havent heard about that 1 yet!! Explain?
Old 11 Mar 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1249284)   #48
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Long story, tell you next time you're down!

Anyway, back to topic!!!
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:30 (Ref:1254731)   #49
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure if anyone has seen this, but DC has his own insight in to the actions of our orange friends in Aus...

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=23810
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1254747)   #50
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Please, someone tell me none of that was serious. I can only assume that the newly acquired facial hair has velcroed his mouth shut and he had to find somewhere else to talk out of. Do any of them have the faintest clue what we're there for or how we do the job?

And that was the polite, much cleaned up post. My first attempt would have blown the censor...