Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 May 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1618585)   #26
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well Jason, i assume you mean apart from their ability to come on here and tell how things were better in the old days, how V8Sa are doing it wrong and and how parity sucks etc.

well i will let them justify themselves
Old 25 May 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1618695)   #27
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
the majority of Canberrans simply couldn't handle the excitment of V8's
Fair enough, there was the reverse grid race.
Old 25 May 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1618803)   #28
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shhhhhh! Don't mention Canberra reverse grid. Remember, according to the new ploicy reverse grid is a GOOD THING and all must be impressed by its GOODNESS.
Old 25 May 2006, 23:59 (Ref:1619110)   #29
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
***linky***

Quote:
Queensland Sports Minister Tom Barton says the State Government will have to find much more than $11 million to get a V8 Supercar race off the ground in Townsville.
Quote:
The head of V8 Supercar Australia, Tony Cochrane, says the original estimate of $11 million is light because of the other sporting facilities that will be incorporated into the deal.

"We're looking at a bigger picture for the city of Townsville, now we're not looking at the same, it's not comparing an apple to an apple and these new added facilities which we can use for the race weekend, but people of Townsville can use as sporting and recreational facilities for the rest of the year, really change the whole dynamic of the project," he said.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 May 2006, 05:28 (Ref:1619196)   #30
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a proposed map of the circuit from one of the mags from last year....if I can find it I will post it.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 May 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1619442)   #31
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
I have a proposed map of the circuit from one of the mags from last year....if I can find it I will post it.
ok I can't find the circuit map for Townsville (yet) that I had so here is what I can remember (2 versions) of what it looked like.

If the red line is not correct then ad the purple line in(like I said this is as best asI can remember)

Old 26 May 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1619771)   #32
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
ok I can't find the circuit map for Townsville (yet) that I had so here is what I can remember (2 versions) of what it looked like.

If the red line is not correct then ad the purple line in(like I said this is as best asI can remember)

That one is not right, the proposed circuit was confined to the area on the southside of Ross Creek.
It would however be much more interesting than the one proposed and a fair bit longer. Just by looking at it and from what i can remember that would be at least 5km's long.
Old 26 May 2006, 23:43 (Ref:1619876)   #33
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Townsville layout was 2.3 kms..

Im my view a street circuit needs to be about 3 or 4 kms long
Old 26 May 2006, 23:54 (Ref:1619880)   #34
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
I'm still looking for the proper circuit map. (I think I might have deleted it)

Old 26 May 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1619882)   #35
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
****linky****

Quote:
Townsville should know within four to six weeks if its bid is successful

Quote:
A 2.5km semi-street circuit would be established in Boundary St, Reid Park and the Causeway, and a permanent multi-event precinct at Reid Park would be created.

Old 27 May 2006, 01:16 (Ref:1619901)   #36
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2.5 K's is a little short. I think they need to aim for something longer if possible.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1657876)   #37
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
***link***

Quote:
The massive show of support for securing our own motorsport extravaganza in the North did not go unnoticed by the Premier.

He acknowledged the large crowd with a promise to do what he could to secure a V8 Supercars event for Townsville in 2008.

***link***

Quote:
IF the State Government needed any further proof of whether or not bringing V8 supercars to Townsville would work, Saturday's turnout to the Lexmark Indy 300 launch should provide the answer.
That is all...

Old 17 Jul 2006, 02:02 (Ref:1657897)   #38
Alan 52
Racer

Alan 52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All that GST money that gets collected in NSW and then is passed on to Queensland is going to be wasted on what?
Old 17 Jul 2006, 02:09 (Ref:1657901)   #39
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It won't be wasted. It will go to a very good cause; making V8s the most watched sport in Australia.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 02:24 (Ref:1657906)   #40
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
Looking at the picture on the article. Is that the new common chassis being demoed?
Old 17 Jul 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1658052)   #41
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was thinking those "Townie" folks might need some education too. When did Supercar become mono-posto??
Old 17 Jul 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1658058)   #42
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told recently that an announcement is imminent advising the Taxis will not race at Townsville. Lets wait a day or two and see if my sources were right.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1658061)   #43
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well they won't be there in 2007 that's for sure.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 23:43 (Ref:1658701)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Of course this Townsville street race will probably come at the expense of the permanent circuit at Queensland Raceway.......
The whispers from the powder room have suggested that the only way a Townsville race would get up would be if the Queensland Raceway round remained.

If the QR circuit is lost to the series, the Queensland based teams would not have a current race circuit to test at... and that would arguably put the teams that test at Winton at an advantage

20 rounds are coming.... its just a question of when
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Jul 2006, 02:37 (Ref:1658762)   #45
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
If the QR circuit is lost to the series, the Queensland based teams would not have a current race circuit to test at... and that would arguably put the teams that test at Winton at an advantage
Wasn't that the situation when Winton didn't have a round?
Old 18 Jul 2006, 02:40 (Ref:1658765)   #46
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
No. They could always test in the rain at Phillip Island
Old 19 Jul 2006, 04:18 (Ref:1659672)   #47
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then the Queensland based teams could test at any other circuit around Australia