Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of the race for the European GP?
Alonso 5 5.15%
Heidfeld 18 18.56%
Barrichello 12 12.37%
Coulthard 45 46.39%
M Schumacher 4 4.12%
Fisichella 3 3.09%
Montoya 1 1.03%
Trulli 0 0%
Raikkonen 8 8.25%
Masa 0 0%
Monteiro 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 May 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1314725)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er. P4?
Old 30 May 2005, 14:37 (Ref:1314730)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Coulthard for me - terrific performance.
Old 30 May 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1314770)   #28
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coulthard for me he did a very good race and scored 5 points
Old 30 May 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1314908)   #29
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had to go with Fisi myself.

He took another terrible start, and slowly and methodically drove himself into some good points. Nicely done!

Danica Patrick
Old 30 May 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1314919)   #30
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi drove very well and his being able to keep the car on track with this tyre was superb. However, it was his own mistake that destroyed the tyre, so you can't really say he was the best driver yesterday. DC now, he drove great as well, but he made a totally stupid mistake at the first stop, so the same goes for him. NH could have been second behind Kimi if things went logically and the stupid accident at corner 1 hadn't ruined the race of many drivers
Old 30 May 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1314985)   #31
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted Rubens.... he's had a tough time the past week but completely outpaced MS this weekend (how often do we say that)....

I wish we could vote for two drivers because DC deserves it as well....
Old 30 May 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1315030)   #32
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
You are correct Peter - P-4! Sometimes the typing is not quite up to par!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 May 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1315045)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelaos
Kimi drove very well and his being able to keep the car on track with this tyre was superb. However, it was his own mistake that destroyed the tyre, so you can't really say he was the best driver yesterday. DC now, he drove great as well, but he made a totally stupid mistake at the first stop, so the same goes for him. NH could have been second behind Kimi if things went logically and the stupid accident at corner 1 hadn't ruined the race of many drivers
I haven't welcomed you to our forum, so a big welcome to a Greek King(?) correct me if I'm wrong here.

Anyway whilst I totally agree with your thoughts here, I'd like to know who you voted for. Specifically the NH being second to Kimi thing. He was not affected by the turn one melee and as we know, second for the first stint until he pitted. That was because he was running less fuel than the Macaroon. Hence he was never going to be better than 3rd if the Macaroon won. Saying that (and I assume you are a Nick fan) he did bloody well to be there at the end and he'd be my driver of the day but for DC's performance.
Old 30 May 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1315138)   #34
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Kimi, it must take big balls to drive a car in the state that that one was in. If DC hadn't messed up in the pitlane I would have said him, special mention to him anyway.

Robert
Old 30 May 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1315174)   #35
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC? He took advantage of the mess and kept there. Otherwise he'd been amongst 10th place. I'm not saying he drove badly, but I don't think he drove the race of his life either.

It's Rubens for me. Outclassed MS in qualifying and did not go off like Alonso, Kimi and MS did. Gives Ferrari some hope with his podium.
Old 30 May 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1315193)   #36
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens lucked into a podium - with Kimi finishing and DC being in front of him he would have been 5th. I hate what-ifs, though. So...anyway, DC for me - top drive from him, his team-mate was nowhere and he showed great skill and maturity in steering himself to a great points finish.
Old 31 May 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1315418)   #37
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
DC? He took advantage of the mess and kept there. Otherwise he'd been amongst 10th place. I'm not saying he drove badly, but I don't think he drove the race of his life either.
Jordi, I think your key point is '.... and kept there'. I think most would have expected DC to drift backwards but he maintained the position strongly despite the 20 odd seconds drive through penalty. Whilst it may not have been the race of his life, I reckon it may prove to be one of his best. He certainly punched metaphorically well above his weight.
Old 31 May 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1315474)   #38
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Racer
Had to go with Fisi myself.

He took another terrible start, and slowly and methodically drove himself into some good points. Nicely done!

So you are saying a slow and methodical driver was your driver of the day?
Old 31 May 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1315475)   #39
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Coulthard's drive was one of the best we've seen form a second-half-of-the-grid car in a long time, although a couple fo Fisichella's efforts last seasonw ere perhaps equally impressive. He managed to fend off faster cars over the course of the race, and was actually 5th in the fastest lap list, so thre's no way you can dismiss the result as a fluke. My choice was Heidfeld because he managed to run with Raikkonen early on (admittedly with less fuel) and wrung a lot more pace out fo the Williams for his third podium.
Old 31 May 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1315557)   #40
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it has to be the Big Chin--DC. Not only did he outpace Alonso in the early stages of the Grandprix on a consistent basis as from lap 3-8 his laps were around a tenth quicker than Alonso and even 6 tenths quicker than Nick around the period of laps 15-20.

But the main downpoint of the Red Bull car is their raw speed. All the top teams are getting down into the 1.30's just before they pit, but DC was stuck in the mid 1.31's so to come that close to a podium and loosing 13.6 seconds in that stop-go meant he really should have beaten Rubens.

But the Big Chin drove awesome and thrashed his younger team-mate Liuzzi on basically every lap.

GO DC!!
Old 31 May 2005, 10:37 (Ref:1315562)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome to the forum Oaksnaf.
Old 31 May 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1315577)   #42
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Welcome to the forum Oaksnaf.
Thanks, after floating around trying to find a decent forum i was excited when this forum blocked hotmail addresses. And the quality is pretty good from what i have read so far. So i had to join.
Old 31 May 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1315630)   #43
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last time I chose Heidfeld I got lynched. Is it alright if I choose him again this weekend? Apart from a suspect start (and he wouldn't've won even without that) he was flawless all weekend. It's great to see him getting some recognition.
Old 31 May 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1315643)   #44
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Last time I chose Heidfeld I got lynched. Is it alright if I choose him again this weekend? Apart from a suspect start (and he wouldn't've won even without that) he was flawless all weekend. It's great to see him getting some recognition.
Yes Nick drove a consistent race, was lucky to end up on the podium really 1) Kimi's failure 2)DC's stop-go and 3)First corner incident which messed up a few of the top contendors.

Really Nick drove like he normally does, consistent and mistake free. It was without a doubt the team would be on a 3 stop strategy for the German and maybe likewise for Webber (However claims were that Webber was going to 2 stop).

But Nick did the job and came away with yet another 2nd place. 16 points in the last two races, thats even better than Fernando and its the same amout of points that Michael has scored all year. So that must bring a smile to the Germans face. PLus he is now only 2 points behind 2nd in the WDC championship.
Old 31 May 2005, 12:38 (Ref:1315719)   #45
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Last time I chose Heidfeld I got lynched. Is it alright if I choose him again this weekend?
I think you'll find that you 'got lynched' last time because of some of the remarks that accompanied your choice. Nick, so far, has actually matched Kimi for votes in the Monaco poll, so you were not alone. I also voted for him last time, although not this time, but I totally agree that he deserves recognition and that has certainly started to come to him on 10-tenths.
Old 31 May 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1315880)   #46
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I haven't welcomed you to our forum, so a big welcome to a Greek King(?) correct me if I'm wrong here.

Anyway whilst I totally agree with your thoughts here, I'd like to know who you voted for. Specifically the NH being second to Kimi thing. He was not affected by the turn one melee and as we know, second for the first stint until he pitted. That was because he was running less fuel than the Macaroon. Hence he was never going to be better than 3rd if the Macaroon won. Saying that (and I assume you are a Nick fan) he did bloody well to be there at the end and he'd be my driver of the day but for DC's performance.
Hey Thanks for the welcome Yeah, I used to be a king about two or three thousand years ago :lol:

Anyway, I voted for Heidfeld. My opinion is that no one actually had a GREAT race last Sunday. As I said the best ones were by far Kimi and DC but they both destroyed their races by their own mistakes. I'm a huge fan of Kimi and McLaren and it hurts to say this, though Anyway, I think you're wrong: Heidfeld WAS affected by the thing in turn one, although not directly. What I mean is, if Webber, JPM and Schumi had stayed up there, he would have obviously created a much longer distance between himself and Alonso. The thing is, when you run qualy2 (or qualy, as it is now) light on fuel it's becuase those with more fuel will be held back. So, when Alonso was lucky enough to see everyone who could have delayed him to fall back, Heidfeld lost his advantage, cause his main rival had no one to delay with.

Not to be misunderstoon, there was nothing wrong with Alonso's victory and all penalties to Trulli and DC were 100% fair, I'm not complaining. Nothing was unfair, and Alonso is a great driver, but he was SO lucky.
Old 31 May 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1315885)   #47
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Completely biased vote for Heidfeld. Drove his socks off, no mistakes, an extra stop, first pole position and another second place. Now ahead of Webber in the WDC standings to boot...
Old 31 May 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1315927)   #48
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Raikkonen, gutted he retired on the last lap, else he would be a lot closer in the standings.
Old 31 May 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1315928)   #49
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^^^^ That's two years Kimi should have won it now.
Old 31 May 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1315940)   #50
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for Nick too, he did drive his socks off.

Welcome Menelaos, good post.